Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

O Restriction, Restriction, wherefore art thou Restriction?

I was just wondering if any of us have actually gotten to the "sweet spot" yet. I know I'm closing in on it. I have the portion size restriction, but not the time yet. I still get hungry about 2-3 hours after eating, when it should be 4-6 hours.

I have no idea how many cc's I'm filled, my doc doesn't share that info. I have a Realize Band, 9cc. I've had 4 fills and have another scheduled May 22.

Just wondering where all ya'll stand as far as restriction??

At 6.1cc's in a 10cc band, and I am at that sweet spot. Boy am I at it.

I have trouble eating all morning, even when I feel hungry, but then for the first few days after the last fill, I would go hog wild when I could get food down, and then would PB. I am finally at a point where I eat unbelieveably slow and chew when I am finally able to get food down, usually but 1 or 2 in the afternoon.

The funny thing, liquids don't go down too well either in the morning, so I am not cheating with soft stuff.

The home scale shows 3 pounds down from the last fill on April 18th, so my body is adjusting.

I am so not looking for another fill at my next visit, which is still 3 weeks away.

I had my last fill this Tuesday. I haven't really "tested" it yet. I haven't eaten any firm Protein like chicken. I have had tuna. It went down, but I couldn't get much in. I still think I "empty" too fast. Since the last fill I haven't been as hungry, so that gives me great hope! Maybe I'll reallly try out this fill tonight and see if I can get some chicken breast down.

I had my 3rd fill yesterday and now have 6.6 cc's in my 10cc band. This is the first time I've felt TRUE and lasting restriction.....like crisann mentioned above....this morning, i was having a hard time getting liquids down. It took me 45 mins to drink and Optifast shake. I'm still on liquids for the rest of today and will slowly go to mushies tomorrow. I'm hoping this is my sweet spot too. The last fill I went from 5 cc's to 6 cc's and didn't feel much restriction all month. Yesterday, just adding .8 cc and I felt too tight...so he took .2 back out. Isn't it strange how so little can make that much of a difference?

I have a slight bit of restriction but no where near my sweet spot - I eat less for sure but the only thing stopping me from eating too much is me telling myself to stop eating. I definitely need at least 1 more fill and that may do it.. I have had 3 so far and go for my fourth (i hope) on Thursday.

It is frustrating isnt it? lol

I have had three fills and go for #4 on 5-7. I eat less, but get hungry more quickly than I would like. My fills cost $175 so I would like to get to a place of long lasting satiety as soon as I can! My doc has emphasized solid Protein and no liquid calories and I can sure see the wisdom in that. When I follow the rules, the tool works! I seem to get more hungry late in the day. Do you? How do you handle it?

Jim,

I have horrible afternoon hunger issues. I'm soo good at work and eat healthy lo cal stuff, but once I get home at 5 I'm ready to eat anything and everything in sight! This last fill is better than I first suspected, so that has eased up, but before that boy howdy. I started trying to drink a Protein shake at about 2 oclock or so and that helped.

I think that I am satisfied with this last fill. Today for lunch I tried to eat a pouch of Lemon Pepper tuna and a couple of strawberries. Well, I got about 1/2 the tuna down after about 20 mins and 1 strawberry. I think that that is enough restriction for me right now.

I have had three fills and go for #4 on 5-7. I eat less, but get hungry more quickly than I would like. My fills cost $175 so I would like to get to a place of long lasting satiety as soon as I can! My doc has emphasized solid Protein and no liquid calories and I can sure see the wisdom in that. When I follow the rules, the tool works! I seem to get more hungry late in the day. Do you? How do you handle it?

Hi Jim,

This has helped me to stay full, get in my Water and Protein for the day. I take a 1 liter water bottle, pour in the 3 oz protein bullet (42 grams of protein), and add 1 crystal light individual packet for flavor. The protein bullets are flovored but I like to add the crystal light lemonade as well. I buy mine at The Vitamin Shoppe.....12 in a case for @ $35. Protein is key to keeping us full. I struggle with getting in my Water each day....so this is extra incentive for me....getting my water & protein at the same time is perfect.

good luck! Keep up the great work!!

Stacey

s_yq-1006.gif

24% off

IDS Sports

whey 42 Liquid Protein Grape

YQ-1006

12 Drink(S)

List Price: $45.90

SALE PRICE:

$34.99

I can now officially say I am at my sweet spot and its strange.

I am not feeling hunger most of the day. I have iced coffee in the morning, and juice, but the juice is the veggies and fruit I put in my juicer. I eat a small lunch, all Protein, between 1:00-3:00PM yes, it takes 2 hours to get down 4-6oz. For dinner, around 7:00PM, nothing more than 3-4oz food. Around 9PM I try to get in some vegetables, just to get something else in.

Thats it for the day. I am not hungry and if I try to eat when I am not, it comes right back up. I am making sure to take my Vitamins, and drink Propel during the day. I am not snacking for the most part. When I do, its nuts or a teaspoon of Peanut Butter.

Not sure if this is all ok, but I am feeling fine. Its just weird....

ChrisAnn-- that is seriously cool. You've made it to the Promised Land! Way to go! Hope to join you there soon!

I wouldn't call it the promised land, but I know it starting to work.

Sometimes I am now so battling my head hunger. Because when my portions are not controlled, I do think I can eat more, the only thing saving me is that I feel that tightness so I stop immediately.

Today I soo wanted French Fries. Someone at work had them with their lunch, and I ate 3 and was full. These were McDonald's fries, so they were thin. But I got the taste of them and then it was over.

But my head is still in shock, 3 fries and you are full, whats wrong with you.......

I'm with you there Chrisann. I once read somewhere on here that someone had a "five bites" rule. Take 5 bites and then stop. I remember reading that and thinking, yeah right! Thats pretty much where I am now.

Me and the man went out for Mexican last night in celebration of cinco de mayo. Well, I knew that I probably should just order a taco or an enchilada, but I've still got the dual personality that says "I'm sure I'm not going to be able to eat a whole taco" and the other side that says "But what if I'm still hungry?" GEEEZ Anyways, I went with a combo that had an enchilada, a taco, and a burrito (basically my man said, well, I want leftovers!!) 1 bite of enchilada, 1 bite of burrito, 3 bites of taco, DONE.

I LOVE MY BAND :lol: