Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

O Restriction, Restriction, wherefore art thou Restriction?

I have had three fills in my 4cc band. I am beginning to fill some form of restriction because I can eat a lean cuisine and feel satisfied. I tried them because my local supermarket had them on sale. Yes I am concerned about how much sodium am taking in the process of living off lean cuisine. I not feeling the hunger growls if I time my three meals a day properly. Now that its warm in Boston (well you know our definition of warm is not like other places- a little sunshine goes a longway here:) ... I am plugging in a lot of outdoor walking plus my three times a week at Curves.

I am hoping ALL THIS put together should pay off by my next nutritional visit on 05/14/08. I am feeling a bit hopeful now, I was otherwise getting discouraged because since my banding in January - I have lost JUST 8 pounds!!! Which is shameful - So I really need to rave it up.

I hope this is my sweet restriction spot. How much weight have some of you bandsters lost since being banded?

Had a business lunch yesterday with my office, Asian fusion type food, all appetizers, served family style. I sampled a small piece of all the Protein foods, not the carbs, and drank wine too, and never got the full feeling so it was fabulous.

Last night, was only able to eat 2 pieces of cheese, and one piece of ham.

Ate half of a chicken cutlet today, one mini Snickers, 3 pieces of cheese and 1 serving of non fat ice cream all day. I felt crummy, lethargic and beat all day.

Emailed the nutritionist, and she said that if I was under stress, the band tightens up and nothing goes down. Since I have been under stress at work, I guess that is why. But I was nervous all day not being able to eat solid Protein so how things change. I swear, I need to get my head screwed on straight.

My next fill is scheduled for May 22. I'm pretty tight in the mornings, but nothing too bad. I was thinking about not getting another fill cause I kinda like where I am now, but I think I'll still get one. I can eat a lot at night. I don't mind having soft breakfasts, if I could just get some more restriction at night!

After being unable to eat stuff for the past few weeks, and feeling tired, crummy and irritable, I go to a Mets/Yankees Game party today.

This is what I was able to eat from 12 noon to 11pm: 2 thinly sliced chicken Cutlets, breaded, with mozzarella and Tomato sauce. The equivalent of 4 oz of cheddar cheese, and about 4 oz of pepperoni. 2 cups mixed fruit salad. 2 small black and white Cookies. Small piece of fruit tart, no cake part, just the fruit and cream. Small non fat ice cream in a cone, half a toasted bagel with butter. 2 Mikes Hard Lemonades, 3 bottles of Water, 1 bottle of Propel, cup of coffee with milk, and cup of tea.:thumbdown:

Right now, still feel hungry, but since its almost midnight, not going to eat anything.

But what the hell is this? I had been averaging 1 slim fast, 5oz-8oz meat, 4 oz cheese, some cut up fruit and veggies, cup of yogurt, 16oz iced coffee, 3-4 bottles of Water a day.

This is just the strangest thing.:confused2::confused2:

I guess I have to see how I feel tomorrow.

Hi Gang,

I went to the Dr. for a fill last Thursday. He said he was only going to give me 1/2 cc because he did not want it to be too tight. I had told him I had that one episode of BPing. So I got the fill and then I came home and had a chicken tender that got stuck. Then Sunday, Mothers day, had a piece of bread that got stuck. Then Thursday had 1/2 toasted bagel, BAD Idea!! and was really miserable until it came back out. Last night, I took one bite of my husbands steak and it ended up in the toilet. And, now, I just took a bite of chicken and I am trying to get it down, but its probably not gonna happen. The thing is, I had only lost 2# last month, so that's why I wanted it tighter. And I could still eat most things. Now, with just this extra 1/2 cc I am always getting things stuck. I can drink fine and eat mushy things just fine. But anything like meat, not so good. My husband said I should have some Fluid taken out. But, I think if I just do mushy stuff for a couple of weeks, I'll loose some more weight and it will loosen up. What do you guys think?:wink_smile:

Diane,

When did you have your fill? You tried to eat a chicken tender the night you had a fill? I'm not supposed to have anything "solid" till about 2 days after a fill. My doc actually recommends to stay on mushies up to a week after a fill. You might want to consider advancing a little slower and giving your pouch a little break, especially if you've had as many "sticking" incidents of late.

Thanks. He never said to stay on liquids after a fill, and I have never had a problem before. I am trying to just eat mushy stuff. So, hopefully I'll loose a little more and it will loosen up. Diane

I thought that I had reached my sweet spot awhile back... felt satisfied with small meals, hunger did not return for 4 or so hours and was still able to eat most anything. Then all of a sudden it just disappeared. POOF! Felt like I was back at square one. I was eating more and more and hardly losing any weight. I went ot the Dr. half way in a panic thinking that I was somehow losing Fluid. Well they were wonderful and reassured me by pulling all of the Fluid out of my band to show me I wasn't leaking. Then they went ahead and added more. I now have 8 cc's in a 9 cc band. OH BOY! Today I didn't even attempt Breakfast and just drank a Protein shake. lunch... ouch! I tried eating a couple bites of pork chop and it hurt. Tried a couple bites of rice and it hurt. Managed to get down a few bites of cauliflower and pears. By dinner I had loosened up enough to eat a few ounces of chicken, some cucumber salad and a few swt potato fries.

Wow, that was a long post just to say... I think I am finally at my sweet spot! Now, I just hope it lasts! Oh, and I have lost 5 pounds since my fill which was on Friday. I should do liquids for 2 days a week every week! hahahah

I have had one 3cc fill in my 4cc band, and I cannot imagine getting another fill anytime soon. Compared to other people on this board, this seems like it was a pretty aggressive fill, but I am happy that the first fill made me hit my sweet spot.

In the morning, it is usually a small skim latte, or Carnation Instant Breakfast. If I am planning a big workout, or have a tennis match scheduled, I will eat a banana or yogurt. It takes a very long time to eat the banana, but I like to get the extra energy when I need it, and the banana makes a big difference. lunch is whatever I am in the mood for, just a very small portion of it. Sometimes it is a grilled chicken salad, sometimes half of a baked potato with cottage cheese....I try to switch it up everyday. I am never hungry between meals, but I stay hydrated with Water, and treat myself to the occasional fruit juice. dinner is a very small salad, a few bites of a Protein (fish or chicken prepared however my family is eating it), and a little bit more of another starch vegetable (usually a potato). I always try to save room for dessert, which is either fruit, ff pudding or low-fat ice cream.

Some days, I can eat a whole lot more than I just described, and some days, I practically have to go back to the soft food stage. One thing is for sure....I never know what my appetite is going to bring!

I go for my 5th fill tomorrow, hoping it will bring it home!! I've been so frustrated with the last fill and this one because its been TOM for the last fill and this fill. I get tighter during TOM. :rolleyes:

Thanks. He never said to stay on liquids after a fill, and I have never had a problem before. I am trying to just eat mushy stuff. So, hopefully I'll loose a little more and it will loosen up. Diane

I hope it has loosened up for you.

I have to say that being on liquids for a day after a fill is important. I have found that I can PB every day if I don't take a day to let my stomach relax by going on liquid/mushies. For some reason, my stomach is sensitive in that PB's beget more PB's even on food easily tolerated. A PB irritates my stomach so it is like my band tightens up considerably and I have to readjust. When I originally thought I was too tight, I realize now and have since learned by experience that I was just not careful enough. I can eat solid Proteins without a PB, stay full and I feel I have hit my sweet spot. If I ever "goof" up by eating to fast or too much where there is a PB, I definitely take a day to get my stomach back to normal.

Well I think I'm there. I think its just right, weight's finally falling off, can't eat much, but still can eat. Loving it! Hope it lasts! I go on vacayo at the last of June, so my next fill is not until July 8. I didn't want to get a fill before vacation (I know I shouldn't be that way).

Go to the doctors tomorrow. I was tight and couldn't get much down two weeks ago, but think maybe I could use 1 or 2 cc's this time. The last week or so, I was back to eating again.

I bought a bag of Cheetos last night, didn't eat the whole thing, but still bought them. Weird since I haven't had Cheetos in over a year. I gave the bag to my friend as I didn't want to finish them.

I have decided that I am definitely at my sweet spot. It has now been 36 days since my last fill, and I am still really well restricted and losing good.

I hope this lasts another couple of months at this rate.