Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 weeks till banding!

HI , My name is nancy and I am getting banded on May 15!!! I am soooo excited! My Doc is Dr. Jan in Emma Pattersons office in Portland, Oregon. They have not asked me to do a pre-op diet but I will be doing one for about a week, anyway. This is a great forum and I look forward to getting to know everybody. Open for any and all suggestions and encouragement! I will post my blog address, too when I figure it out.

Good to see another Oregonian...welcome and good luck to you!!!

Hi Iam going to see Tersigni as well I go to my doc Friday for the referral. I would love to chat with you sometime about the education class and the procedure. Feel free to email me anytime jazma2007@yahoo.com

Conrats on getting your surgery date! I am also from Oregon I live in North Bend On the coast. I am getting my referral Friday to see the surgeon Iam very excited. I know there will be many changes to my diet and life but its all worth it to be healthy and here for my kids.

Oregonrose, I would recommend that you use this time to learn to slooooow down your eating, chew, chew, chew, and get use to not drinking with your meals. Good luck!

I am so happy to hear from other Oregonians. I live in Eugene and Dr. Jan in Portland did my band on March 25. My first fill was April 23 and I do notice that I am not eating as much as usual. I have lost 37 lbs since last year.

Barbara

Hey you are all so sweet to reply and its nice to hear from Oregonians, too! (even tho I am originally from California, I have been here 13 years) Even another Dr Jan patient! I for my packet in the mail today and I have to go to a pre-op class on the 12th then report to the hospital at noon - surgery at 2pm. YEAH!!! two weeks from today! I have been Thinking about what it will be like to eat so much slower and giving up tea, coffee and my friend Diet vanilla Pepsi! That will be the hardest! I am ready and willing to do it all to be thinner! Hated the sleep study, but I sure feel better with the c-pap. I love the support from you all, nancy:tt2: nacnash@comcast.net

My best advice is to put your fork down (or spoon) with each bite and chew it well. Eat slowly and it will soon become a habit. Enjoy each bite and pay attention to your stomach as it will tell you when it is full. Sometimes I am eating something real good and want to keep eating it and forget my fullness - i struggle with that sometimes.

i have 2 more months then ill go see the lap band dr.im still not sure how its all surpose to go,i know my insurance bcbs said 6 month diet.then i guess i go see lap band dr,lmk i have bcbs michigan but im in louisana

I hit a plateau for the last two weeks and didn't lose anything! But I continued forward and finally broke it and lost 2 lbs - yeah!!!! I get my second fill next week. Anyone had a second fill yet? Any tips/suggestions/problems etc? Barbara