Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ontario fills??

Has anyone around London Ontario found a reasonable place to go to for fills?

I am looking into who to go to for my first fill. Cannot find anyone reasonable. :unsure:

Where were you banded? Originally I was booked for Mexico..2 weeks before I called around here to see (I was told by the Mexican surgeon that I would have no problem with aftercare/fills here..boy were they wrong) how much it would be for aftercare..the cheapest place I found charged $5000.00 for aftercare. And that only covered the first 2 years of fills, etc.

I did the math and chose to be banded in Toronto instead, it ended up cheaper in the long run...

Hey Hippiemama, I was banded Apr. 10 in Mexico, You are right, I am struggling to find a reasonable and of course excellent fill doctor here in SW Ontario.

I had a great Mexican dr, but of course I am finding Canadians do not choose to recognize Mexican excellence, and do not wish to do fills reasonable. I am half way to Detroit, so could get it done in Michigan. It is frustrating.

Hey Hippiemama, I was banded Apr. 10 in Mexico, You are right, I am struggling to find a reasonable and of course excellent fill doctor here in SW Ontario.

I had a great Mexican dr, but of course I am finding Canadians do not choose to recognize Mexican excellence, and do not wish to do fills reasonable. I am half way to Detroit, so could get it done in Michigan. It is frustrating.

It really has nothing to do with thinking Mexican vs Canadian Drs are better or worse but why should they fill you? You choose to go somewhere else and pay another person for your surgery... part of what we pay for in ON is a comprehensive aftercare program which if they accept you for fills they tend to have to give you access too the other portion of the program, you become a patients and once a patient you get access to everything like the websites and resources they pay for us to have. The other issues for CDN docs is if you go to an ON Dr for fills and they do something like pierce the tubing or you have a complication who is responsible for fixing it as per the CDN healthcare system if the DR takes you on for some post op care he is morally responsible for fixing you if you are broken and the ON clinics don't want to take the risks. My clinic used to take on Mexican patients but after fixing a lot of problems including replacing bands for free they said no more.

Think of it this way if I get my hair done somewhere and two weeks later the perm falls out I can't walk into another salon and say fix this moron's mistake and expect them to do it willingly for less of a cost or for free most of the will send you back to the place that messed up because of the chemicals used etc. And if you don't want to they will charge you the full price....

I would say find a family Doc willing to fill you or head to the states the only caveat with most US fill centres is you need to have an FDA approved band or they won't touch you for a fill and the only two that are FDA approved are the INNAMED and J&J bands. So if you have anything else call first and make sure they will help you.

Good luck

Heather

Heather You said, "I would say find a family Doc willing to fill you or head to the states the only caveat with most US fill centres is you need to have an FDA approved band or they won't touch you for a fill and the only two that are FDA approved are the INNAMED and J&J bands. So if you have anything else call first and make sure they will help you." and that is exactly what I am trying to do.

I was living in Mexico when I had my lap band done.

It is a "Inamed" lapband. My own Cdn dr does not agree with this surgery, therefore not an option.

I understand exactly what you are saying about our wonderful health care system and I am a proud Canadian.

I am simply looking for a well qualified fill doctor in this area with reasonable pricing. I had hoped my fellow Ontario-ians would have some names and numbers. :smile:

I like your analogy to the hairdresser.

I know its difficult for people to understand - prior to banding - how

important aftercare is. It is essential to have an ironclad arrangement in

place before going anywhere for banding.

Freedom, all the patients from the London area go back to either Mississauga or Toronto for their fills. The clinic I was done at, trains doctors/nurses all over the country to do fills just for their patients but there are none in your area at all because they all travel the 2 hours back to the clinic for them. Even if your family doc is not supportive of this type of surgery, will he not do fills for you since you already have the band anyway? He might not agree with your decision but ask him why he wants to punish you for making what you thought was a good decision. I'd keep asking him to help you out or see if he can refer you to another doc who might be supportive of the band. If you don't ask, you'll never know.

" and that is exactly what I am trying to do.

I was living in Mexico when I had my lap band done.

It is a "Inamed" Lap Band. My own Cdn dr does not agree with this surgery, therefore not an option.

I understand exactly what you are saying about our wonderful health care system and I am a proud Canadian.

I am simply looking for a well qualified fill doctor in this area with reasonable pricing. I had hoped my fellow Ontario-ians would have some names and numbers. :cool2:

If you have an innamed band i would call your mexican doc and have one of his support staff call innamed and have them help you find a doc in ON who can do fills. Innamed has connections all over the place with surgeons so why not try it.

heather

Pleeeeaaaassssse!!! Do NOT go to the Prince Arthur Medical Clinic in Toronto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prince arhtur won't do fills except on patients they have banded anyway!

What a pain to get a fill ??? I went to my DR before I had my surgery and discussed what I was having done and asked him for his opinion. Then asked about doing my fills. He was very wiling to help me out and has been very supportive over the last 3 months, although I have not lost any weight. I am getting very frustrated.... he is there for me through it all. He doesn't charge me anything. I guess I got lucky with a good DR. Hope some of you bandsters find a great supportive Dr's to help you out.