Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need some mushie ideas....please

I was just wondering whether I'd screwed up. Today is my first day of mushies and the first thing I had was some ground beef in Tomato paste and cheese (grabbed it off the top of the spaghetti my family had for dinner). Does that seem like a mushy enough food to ne1 else or was I a little too quick to pass judgement on that?

Today was my first day of mushies. For lunch I drove thru Wendy's and picked up a small chili w/ cheese. I pureed it in my "Magic Bullet" and had a yummy and filling lunch. The small cup is enough for two meals. Tonight I had mashed potatoes with fat free gravy and 3/4 c of cream of broccoli Soup (Campbell's). For dessert I'll have lowfat cottage cheese sprinkled with sugar free Jello powder (any flavor). I used to make this dessert while on Atkins and added fat free whipped topping but I don't know if we can have whipped topping after being banded.

Well I think this could be a fun stage. How about meat loaf, beef stew, chicken&dupplins, chili, ground turkey with taco sasoning, mac&cheese. It's not going to look pretty but you can toss any of this in a blender, add a bit of Water to get the consistancy you need and it's going to taste good.

tinkerbell I am going to try your idea. I would think if the meat is ground really fine it should be fine. I am going to make spaghetti for the family and just have some of the meat, sauce and cheese. Sounds yummy!!!

How bout egg salad, hummus, cottage cheese.

I was just wondering whether I'd screwed up. Today is my first day of mushies and the first thing I had was some ground beef in Tomato paste and cheese (grabbed it off the top of the spaghetti my family had for dinner). Does that seem like a mushy enough food to ne1 else or was I a little too quick to pass judgement on that?

I hear that cottage cheese w/ a drop of vanilla and cinnamon is delish!

Wow i am so glad i found this, everything sounds great

My favorite mushy food is cream of wheat. I make it in the microwave, then drop an egg in it, nuke it for a minute, take it out and wait another minute while the egg cooks a little longer. Stir it all up and if you really want to be bad add a tablespoon of I can't believe it's not butter. It's like eating the pastina my mom used to make me when I was sick. This dish is full of Protein and takes a while to eat. Perfect!

The other night I had some ground turkey, chopped to mush, with taco seasoning in it, refried Beans, salsa and some cheese. Tasted just like tacos.

Today for lunch I had cooked broccoli (cooked to death), chicken breast very finely chopped and cheese mixed together. It was like heaven:)

I never thought I would like mushy food so much!

Oh!! You guys are making my mouth Water. Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum

Thanks for all the great ideas - I'm going to try them all.

My mushy food of choice is homemade spaghetti sauce (meat and all) with a tiny amount of Pasta (and some pasta water) blended in the blender. . .it's spaghetti soup!! Even my 3 year old approved!

I loved my mushy stage - I was banded Jan. 20. I did a chili dog (turkey dog) and blended it with extra Tomato sauce, and topped it with some shredded cheese. My favorite was (love thai food) beef massaman - the local Thai Cuisine serves it with 5-7 pieces of very tender beef and LOTS of sauce, so add in a little rice and bam lots of flavor.

I'd made a list of the foods that were driving me crazy (from either TV commercials or people heating their food at work for lunch)...and had these during mushy time.

eggs are my new friend!!!!!!!!!! scrambeled, hard boiled- in egg salad etc.

tuna has been good

chicken and dumplings (home made) blended was good

Tacos in the magic bullet were the best!- meat, cheese, sauce and sour cream and a few tomoatoes....

fruit smoothies- fresh fruit and vanilla Slim fast or Vanilla ensure-

Ensure shake- chocolate with a banana and ice- is just like a shake! (but healthy!)

I love my magic bullet- have used it every day!

Thanks for all the good ideas!

i made chicken chili using one of those seasoning packages you get at the grocery store, and some canelloni (white) Beans. then i pureed it in the blender. it was awesome.

i also eat a lot of cream of wheat with some Peanut Butter stirred into it.