Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gregg Jossart - Dr. Jossart in San Francisco?

Dr. Jossart put my lap band in. I live 5 hours away from San Fran. Has been fine except for when I had some problems and had to drive there to find out what was going on since they only come up here once a month. He is wonderful though.

5 Hours away? Where are you from? I am from Madera, Ca (Fresno) and it takes 3 hours one way. How was your experience? Love to hear your story...........Connie

I live in Fortuna. It is about 2 hours away from the Oregon border, right on the coast. Dr. Jossart (or Dr. Cirangle) comes to Eureka, (15 minutes from here) once a month. I was required by my insurance to have my surgery at Good Samaritan hospital in San Jose. (Even further away.) Totally worth it. There aren't a lot of choices around here for weight loss surgery, atleast not that I would trust. My other option was going to Redding (3 hours away), but a friend had lap band surgery from LAPSF and had a great experience and after doing lots and lots of research and meeting with Dr. Jossart, I felt that they were right for me. I was had a good surgery experience with very little complications. (Had a little breathing problem after surgery because of anethesia but nothing serious, they were just taking good care of me and I am thankful for it.) I was able to be in and out the same day. Stayed over night in Santa Rosa and was home the next day. It is hard to only have the option to see them once a month if I don't want to take that long trip. You have to decided if you are too tight or not tight enough right away or just live with it for a month. I did have a slipped band in October after a bout with the flu and a trip to SF and taking all the Fluid out of the band fixed it, but have struggled with the weight loss since then. Have been stuck at 75 lbs lost for a while but starting to loose the weight again. I am healthy and happy and would do it again in a heart beat. I hope this info helps with your decision. It just has to feel right for you. If you have any questions I would be happy to answer. Good luck!

I finally figured out how to read your response. I am not to computer savvy.. I made my first trip to San Fran this weekend to see it the drive was reasonable. It was fine. Thank you so much for your response. I see that you were adjusted 5-6 times in the first year. Would you have done more if you did not have to travel? 8 times in two years is awseome. I figured that many in the first 6 months or year. I have e mailed and phoned in a request for the cost/coverage breakdown from their office and to date not recieved anything. Did you pay cash? If you don't mind what was the cost and coverage. I am so afraid of the hidden costs......they can crush you. I want to finance enough for everything possible if you know what I mean. Again thank you for responding. It means so much to talk with someone who has had the same surgeon. Oh, does Dr. Jossart do the fills flouroscpoic? Mail me when you can.

Connie

My insurance covered my surgery and I paid $5,000 out of pocket for 6 years of after care. He doesn't do his fills w/flouro but have had no problems doing it this way really. I'm glad the drive is good for you. I got a fill every time they were up here for the first year it seemed! It has been one of the best things I have ever done for myself. Contact them again. I am surprised they haven't gotten back to you. They usually do within a few days. Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Tweety,

I got in touch with the office and have an appointment TODAY at noon. Wow, so quick. I have all the labs and evals ready so I should get my date today.............Excited and Nervous. I am grateful that you can share you experiences with me. I felt very alone. The cost for 5 years is 14,000 now (without insurance) did you have a lot of lab follow ups? How about supplements, do you get them from him or online? Any info would be great. Hey, you have not posted your current weitght???????? Is all well? I noticed also that you were down 50 lbs in 3 months! Wow, I can only dream of that. I need to loose a 100 or mabey more, I will find out today... Talk to you soon. Thanks for mailing me back. Connie

I am still at 75 lbs lost, but am happy with that. Not gaining. Still would like to loose another 15 though.

Congrats on your appointment. Let me know how it goes and what your date is. I remember that feeling. Excited, nervous, ready to change your life. And you will change your entire life. Do you have a good support system? Prepare yourself. Try some of the foods you can buy from them or online. I will look when I am at home and see what ones that I liked and didn't like to give you a heads up, but our taste might be different. I bought mostly through them, but found some places online also. GNC has some good powder liquid Proteins mixes and you will need to add Protein to get all you need, especially when you are on liquids for that first month+.

Hope it goes good today. Can't wait to hear.

Tweety,

I went for my consult with Dr. Jossart Tuesday and scheduled my surgery for May 21st at 2pm! I am having the VG- Vertical Gasterectomy, or it is also called the gastric sleeve. Dr. Jossart spent a lot of time explaining to me how this is better for me than the band, especially since I am a Cash Pay patient and the bands are more expensive in the long run and can have potientally more problems and replacement surgeries, er visits..........I am so excited. I have some sample packets of protien mixes and I like both the cho and straw nectar brands so far. I will be out shopping this week since I only have two weeks to get everything. I would sure appreciate any and all imput! Can't wait to hear from you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Connie