Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all Jazzy Junes!..

This month has passed by soo quickly!.. Good Luck to those of you being 'banded' today and Monday.. and I hope everyone else is healing really well!.

I am doing great except for extreme hunger now. I was banded 18th June and have lost 14 pounds since that date. I am STILL on clears.. (must be a reason for these Spanish doctors to want to put me through hell.. Not allowed Protein shakes either, which confuses me as everyone else is on them so quickly!).. and have another 5 days to go until I can move to full liquids and very light purees.

I AM SO HUNGRY!.

But aside from that, my wounds are healing with NO pain. slight itching but nothing that a change of dressings and 'betadine' won't cure..

Port is still in quite a bit of pain (under boob area next to wire). but I hope that will go away quite quickly.. I have a lot of gauze padding there so that has helped a lot.

As for my restriction. I don't feel ANY now.. I can gulp my drinks with no problem.. so my swelling must have gone down quite a bit.

Due for a fill on 9th July. So will be happy when I get the restriction going.

Have been back at work for two days. I do get light headed (lack of nutrition probably!).. and extremely tired at the end of a full teaching day.. but other than that.. I am a very happy lady. I don't think I have EVER lost 14 pounds before.. and in 8 days!!

Looking forward to the 'new Jazzy Junes thread' so we can all keep in contact!.

(also looking forward to puree's ha!!.. food food FOOD!!.. surrounding me everywhere and not a bite to eat!.. hey ho.. have to keep busy!!)

regards to all !!!. what a great month 302 of us!!.. what a team!!..

i'm so excited 3 days to go mine and ann's surgery is mon june 30th yes we should definetly start a new thread after surgery

Hi all Jazzy Junes!..

This month has passed by soo quickly!.. Good Luck to those of you being 'banded' today and Monday.. and I hope everyone else is healing really well!.

I am doing great except for extreme hunger now. I was banded 18th June and have lost 14 pounds since that date. I am STILL on clears.. (must be a reason for these Spanish doctors to want to put me through hell.. Not allowed Protein shakes either, which confuses me as everyone else is on them so quickly!).. and have another 5 days to go until I can move to full liquids and very light purees.

I AM SO HUNGRY!.

But aside from that, my wounds are healing with NO pain. slight itching but nothing that a change of dressings and 'betadine' won't cure..

Port is still in quite a bit of pain (under boob area next to wire). but I hope that will go away quite quickly.. I have a lot of gauze padding there so that has helped a lot.

As for my restriction. I don't feel ANY now.. I can gulp my drinks with no problem.. so my swelling must have gone down quite a bit.

Due for a fill on 9th July. So will be happy when I get the restriction going.

Have been back at work for two days. I do get light headed (lack of nutrition probably!).. and extremely tired at the end of a full teaching day.. but other than that.. I am a very happy lady. I don't think I have EVER lost 14 pounds before.. and in 8 days!!

Looking forward to the 'new Jazzy Junes thread' so we can all keep in contact!.

(also looking forward to puree's ha!!.. food food FOOD!!.. surrounding me everywhere and not a bite to eat!.. hey ho.. have to keep busy!!)

regards to all !!!. what a great month 302 of us!!.. what a team!!..

Wow Kizzie, you do have to be on liquids a really long time...My first few days were Clear Liquids and then I could do milk and thin yoghurt etc...then second week I went to mushies and then this week I get to start on some solids (fish, soft veggies etc...have to chew them good)...I lost 25 pounds during my 2 week pre-op and 1st week after surgery and another 5 in the past 10 days...I am feeling pretty good except that I sneezed the other day and pulled some stitches around my port and have been in pain since (when I do somethings I feel like I am being stabbed). My surgeon says to stop sneezing (haha) and take it easy (do nothing but sit and walk) for the next 3 days...I go for my first fill on July 11th...Hang in there with the liquids you will be fine and it will all be so worth it...:)

Thank you Cathychats for this wonderful forum. I get banded today and am nervous but was so excited to see my "name" in your well wishes for today. It helped so much. Most of the others who are getting banded today already are at the hospital. I am the straggler! I get banded at 2:30 Pacific time. I can't eat or drink today, but I brushed my teeth twice and rinsed my mouth, which helps. I drank a BIG glass of Crystal Light at midnight. I was already dehydrated a little from the all-day bathroom-a-thon that came from drinking 2 bottles of magnesium citrate to cleam me out. For anyone who is doing this: BUY GRAPE or CHERRY! The lemon lime is truly gross.

Hugs to all!

Sharon

Well, I am on Day 2. Was banded Wednesday. The experience was fine except I just wanted to go home BAD! Almost lied about being able to pee, but on try #8, success...Praise God!! Came home, was okay, just wanted to sleep! Then the morning came...and the anesthesia wore off...

OMG!! I needed help in and out of bed yesterday and would have sharp stabbing pains at the port site. I felt like death - truly. I even was running a temp of 100 degrees. Called the doctor twice since there was fever and the doctor on call assured me that a small temp is normal as pain can spike it. If it were to get to 101.5 then I nee to go in. I am much better today. Unfortunately I just made the mistake of watching Ramseys Kitchen Nightmares (The Curry Lounge episode) and now I want indian food so bad I could die. I am already thinking about what to order once I can go pureed. I must admit I do feel better though although I had to do a poor mans bath as a shower just ain't gona happen today. I did put makeup on though and trying to look decent does help a bit.

Tomorrow is another day and the last day of Clear Liquids for me, so I am happy about that. I do believe it is resurrection day for me. :)

So, one question...how many Gas-X can one eat in a day for real? I know it says 8 on the box, but has anyone researched this because THAT is my biggest issue for sure now that I have figured how to roll out of bed successfully. :lol:

All you freshly banded are in my prayers!! This is no fun for sure, but the end result is what matters!!

Hugs,

Kristin in San Diego:tt2:

Hi to everyone, I too was banded on June 18th, and am doing wonderful. I only had three days of clear after surgery and then one week of full liquids for one week. Tomorrow is mushie day for me for three weeks. I have lost 7 lbs since the 18th so I think I am doing pretty good. Not having much bm though. Everyone seems to react different to this band. I went to TGIf tonight for dinner and ordered a bowl of brocolli cheese Soup and ate half. Well good look to everyone for the weekend.

Beckyo:tt2:

:party:Jazzy Junes! :party:

Count 304*

New members as of today in green

Only 1 day left! But I am still adding June Bugs!

Never to late to add a fellow June Banster!

welldoneclap.gif A lot of prayers are with you ALL

Best of luck to our final group of bandsters!

Lots of prayers going up for you!

:lol: 30

maguirre67, Tai68, MS.MAURA NY, Brian, daniml, afisher4band, Smarquezrn, erinbefore, Mamalovell, Kayleighsmommy, Brian, Kdlee, ann71, LilyLily

TOTAL 304 (WOW) :tt2:

Banded Jazzy Junes! :party:

bananalama.gif2 Deb, Realme, LeighDee, BIG T, Mandi Jo, Kitcatnap, Jajeanne, BanTam, Utahgirl, Strikeuptheband, katkeen, kellystidham, wrestlersmom, kristin1975, pjanesville@cha, jbrod2616, allyfran, Banded2gether, HF2008, No~More~Waddy

Banane21.gif3 Huggie Bear, elvisfan, nicolerose, YoungNY, leepizz, Nuali, photobuf, Marlinda, STAN77, mrsjackson, amethystjade, vkcse03, MamaWalla, Zaxtana, shaki

Banane43.gif 4 Sellie, jills_adopting, ebinsc, Hunzi, jlck98, Alleyoppvolley, Anewkim, Snappymonkey18, Terrier Mom, Snakerivermusic, SanDiegoPhotog, marinemom, nikon harry, Insky67, ryansgirl

Banane10.gif 5 Irish Ladybug, Cadets 71, LMarie_MD2b, jkpenny376, Imagoofball, Lady Zique, mekadig, MsScorpio67, Long2bThin,Wandafromsc, rbparker, ttbikergirl, aimerus, summer08, Ms. CohCoh, JustPhyl, Sirus

Banane27.gif6 Kristybandy, Cathychatts, eagerbandim, mamamarie, luigismama, pitter, Peacedove, Shorty184, WVaCat, jessbychurch, erv, TXEG, livn4jesus, addy, HAPPYBUNNIE, bandedbyrd, wobin, sailingirl,TXEG

Banane30.gif9

Bando, gardengrl, flirtyangel, vzghj3, Hayley, CarrieC, CarrieD, Hayley, Katies, pubrownsugar, justbob, ladybuy 238, LeslieR941906, beckyltriplett, pmvb11, rxdspncr, RAMES767, BubbleLove, Tazmin99, LisaV, TheYear Of Me, SassyV, SexxxxyAintI, Lizzard, badgirlink

Banane43.gif 10

Jules, Shaxmom, rearea1222, To Be Free, twinmommie, Angelshere, acadang, bandme08, Olive424, nancyb2003, Jillian68, micountryfarm aka stacey , kjillcarr, Barbarosa, allana, JeffR, Dino, Smantha39, nannypants and friend, Trishadish, RealSista85, justforme, cfuture88, Yaya24, LeslieR041906, Shanda, Cheri665, acadang

Banane27.gif 11

triser72, Mowree, aalves, jdrocks226, larakathyleen, Detroitdame75, PRCowboy, hopefulmom25, hippiechick, jeremiahsmommy, debbiefitz, lilnora2, Amisha

Banane21.gif 12

cris3, Angelyco, WannaDance,Susanm, MissWilde, Jewellj1, gina s, Dee 79, Ebeth0013, sks613, CPSimonton, DONNA ALT, sassylily, hoping, goodexample, cpforever, ghannouge, COPPERL, miladyscribe,

Banane10.gif13 BATassbandita, elvisfan1219, KatW, cramadan, amyz, greythope, cantwait2bfree, ch4life, Bobbirs, lanaholuby, jlg, fntasa98, Camel Cracker, MINK, JTRMom, SofiaBell, bigrick, mariliz, HildaM

bananalama.gif16 babbs 3772, Phoenix, kdaniels11604, md4pa76, ajpink, mimieg, cjb, NavywifeJenn, Divamom, babygyrl36

Banane21.gif 17

TX Diva, Apples2, KerryConnor, Shome, iteachurkid, steveamy0503, Kim929, teacherofk

Banane43.gif 18 KathyStrick, JamesRN, kRiStI wItH a I,Rhondawood63, Kizzie, bochs, Snailog

Banane27.gif 19 BigJedda, larinshine, ImGonnaLose, DIZ , Sara7venus, lapbandkenner08, RedPem1

Banane30.gif 20

alliemorris73 , CTGhostHunter, lolipopkd2, Sassy Lady

:)23

Little Debbie, Mariamomof2, brubear, Yesindeed, sweetrepose, RAINWI, claireycurtis, Greatlyblessed, Snuffy65 ,Kkarryall, jaja2, Snads08

:couch2: 24

trtobiassen, Music Mom, theuse2000, ISmith, MRAMEY, bkladypm ,BumbleBree thuges113, ginad

:couch2: 25

Tennessee Mom, dj bryan, Hollins2003, Sunflower00, rjtrimmer, brown bear, SkinnyMinnie, Waikiki, Kiki220, teford, teetee91477, krissyjeanm, Becqui

:couch2: 26

Suzyt, monicasf, MsChris72, frenchvanilla, Mns-ortiz, KayleighsMommy, MsMia2u, slinderella2b

:couch2:27

TexGal, nellie ray, Kalaipahoa, Susie70, kpa88, Armywife4life, lillygirl, onnie67, cherieinnv, Gab, Annabell1, NewHere37, tootwohot

I think I am doing great, although energy level is waaaay down.

My surgery went well and they took me in 5 mins after I got there, and I got there 25 mins early. They prepped me right away and then there was some waiting before the tw Dr. Teng's came in--one brother is the surgeon and the other is the anesthesiologist. I don't remember the anesthesia at all! The last thing I kind of remember is being wheeled into surgery. It's one big blank after that. I'm not even sure when I woke up.

I had a room to myself and it was very nice. This was definitely the best hospital care I ever had. I had a male nurse the first night. It was a littlr weird being helped onto the toilet by a guy, but he was so kind and considerate, I felt like I had a private nurse. He brought me lemon swabs for my mouth and they felt so good!

I pushed myself to walk and tried to walk every 3 hours, then I would get back in bed and ask for pain meds--Demerol--which I could have every 3 hours on request. I decided, why hurt? But I never rated my pain higher than a 5 on a scale of 10. I also tried to do an extra lap around the nurse's station every time I walked.

I was given Heperin for clotting and wore stockings that inflated and squeezed my legs. It was sort of comforting. The bed was noy especially comfortable but I was told the beds were chosen because they could hold up to 1000 lbs!

It was sort of ironic that I only told my one sister I was having surgery, then the other sister called with an "emergency question." I decided to wait to call her back. Now that it's over, I want to tell my parents. The sister I told has been so supportive. I wasn't sure how she would react because she works out a lot and eats right so I thought she would tell me just to diet.

The upper GI wasn't too bad although I had to drink an iodine solution that tasted terrible. I actually missed the berium solution! But they said if there is a leak, iodine is just absorbed by the body while berium would cause problems. I asked a lot of questions! When I got back from the test, I had clean sheets and a newspaper, plus towels and a fresh gown.

Sunday morning, Dr. Teng's office manager showed up with a vase of red roses and a "Congrats on your new life" note. I haven't gotten flowers in 10 years! What a treat!

My "meals" were hilarious, I even took a picture that I will post. The guy who brought my meal was sort of apologetic, so I started being a wise ass and said, "Wow! That looks delicious!" The funny thing was that I couldn't finish my meal at Breakfast OR lunch. I sipped my broth, then took tiny mouthfuls of Jello. I felt some pressure and thought, "Maybe I should stop," then took another bite and thought, "Definitely time to stop." I never realized I gulp my drinks, That may be the hardest old habit to overcome.

I didn't get discharged until around 5 pm Sunday. A friend was kind enough to pick me up. It felt so great to be home and sitting in my recliner. I didn't even have much trouble with the stairs to my apartment, I just took them slow.

I still have gas pains and am taking Lortab solution for it. I will probably go back to bed soon and read, then sleep. I am reading a really good, funny book called Around the Next Corner by Elizabeth Wrenn. It's about a 50ish mom who feels invisible and needs meaning in her life, so she adopts a foster puppy to raise for a year and then give to a blind person. My sister said to have tissues ready at the end!

I had lost 2 more lbs when I weighed in before surgery, but when I got home, I weighed 5 lbs heavier. I'm not sweating it, it's Fluid or something. God knows, it wasn't the big meals!

I can't believe I wrote all this, but I feel so blessed that everything went well for me!

:bored:Jazzy Junes! :thumbup:TOTAL 306 (WOW)

All the June Bugs are Banded!:thumbup: The list has completely flipped!

bananalama.gif2 Deb, Realme, LeighDee, BIG T, Mandi Jo, Kitcatnap, Jajeanne, BanTam, Utahgirl, Strikeuptheband, katkeen, kellystidham, wrestlersmom, kristin1975, pjanesville@cha, jbrod2616, allyfran, Banded2gether, HF2008, No~More~Waddy

Banane21.gif3 Huggie Bear, elvisfan, nicolerose, YoungNY, leepizz, Nuali, photobuf, Marlinda, STAN77, mrsjackson, amethystjade, vkcse03, MamaWalla, Zaxtana, shaki

Banane43.gif 4 Sellie, jills_adopting, ebinsc, Hunzi, jlck98, Alleyoppvolley, Anewkim, Snappymonkey18, Terrier Mom, Snakerivermusic, SanDiegoPhotog, marinemom, nikon harry, Insky67, ryansgirl

Banane10.gif 5 Irish Ladybug, Cadets 71, LMarie_MD2b, jkpenny376, Imagoofball, Lady Zique, mekadig, MsScorpio67, Long2bThin,Wandafromsc, rbparker, ttbikergirl, aimerus, summer08, Ms. CohCoh, JustPhyl, Sirus

Banane27.gif6 Kristybandy, Cathychatts, eagerbandim, mamamarie, luigismama, pitter, Peacedove, Shorty184, WVaCat, jessbychurch, erv, TXEG, livn4jesus, addy, HAPPYBUNNIE, bandedbyrd, wobin, sailingirl,TXEG

Banane30.gif9

Bando, gardengrl, flirtyangel, vzghj3, Hayley, CarrieC, CarrieD, Hayley, Katies, pubrownsugar, justbob, ladybuy 238, LeslieR941906, beckyltriplett, pmvb11, rxdspncr, RAMES767, BubbleLove, Tazmin99, LisaV, TheYear Of Me, SassyV, SexxxxyAintI, Lizzard, badgirlink

Banane43.gif 10

Jules, Shaxmom, rearea1222, To Be Free, twinmommie, Angelshere, acadang, bandme08, Olive424, nancyb2003, Jillian68, micountryfarm aka stacey , kjillcarr, Barbarosa, allana, JeffR, Dino, Smantha39, nannypants and friend, Trishadish, RealSista85, justforme, cfuture88, Yaya24, LeslieR041906, Shanda, Cheri665, acadang

Banane27.gif 11

triser72, Mowree, aalves, jdrocks226, larakathyleen, Detroitdame75, PRCowboy, hopefulmom25, hippiechick, jeremiahsmommy, debbiefitz, lilnora2, Amisha

Banane21.gif 12

cris3, Angelyco, WannaDance,Susanm, MissWilde, Jewellj1, gina s, Dee 79, Ebeth0013, sks613, CPSimonton, DONNA ALT, sassylily, hoping, goodexample, cpforever, ghannouge, COPPERL, miladyscribe,

Banane10.gif13 BATassbandita, elvisfan1219, KatW, cramadan, amyz, greythope, cantwait2bfree, ch4life, Bobbirs, lanaholuby, jlg, fntasa98, Camel Cracker, MINK, JTRMom, SofiaBell, bigrick, mariliz, HildaM

bananalama.gif16 babbs 3772, Phoenix, kdaniels11604, md4pa76, ajpink, mimieg, cjb, NavywifeJenn, Divamom, babygyrl36, bluefish62

Banane21.gif 17

TX Diva, Apples2, KerryConnor, Shome, iteachurkid, steveamy0503, Kim929, teacherofk

Banane43.gif 18 KathyStrick, JamesRN, kRiStI wItH a I,Rhondawood63, Kizzie, bochs, Snailog

Banane27.gif 19 BigJedda, larinshine, ImGonnaLose, DIZ , Sara7venus, lapbandkenner08, RedPem1

Banane30.gif 20

alliemorris73 , CTGhostHunter, lolipopkd2, Sassy Lady

Banane27.gif23

Little Debbie, Mariamomof2, brubear, Yesindeed, sweetrepose, RAINWI, claireycurtis, Greatlyblessed, Snuffy65 ,Kkarryall, jaja2, Snads08

Banane10.gif 24

trtobiassen, Music Mom, theuse2000, ISmith, MRAMEY, bkladypm ,BumbleBree thuges113, ginad

Banane43.gif 25

Tennessee Mom, dj bryan, Hollins2003, Sunflower00, rjtrimmer, brown bear, SkinnyMinnie, Waikiki, Kiki220, teford, teetee91477, krissyjeanm, Becqui

Banane21.gif 26

Suzyt, monicasf, MsChris72, frenchvanilla, Mns-ortiz, KayleighsMommy, MsMia2u, slinderella2b, SkinnieMinnie

Banane30.gif27

TexGal, nellie ray, Kalaipahoa, Susie70, kpa88, Armywife4life, lillygirl, onnie67, cherieinnv, Gab, Annabell1, NewHere37, tootwohot

:wink_smile: 30

maguirre67, Tai68, MS.MAURA NY, Brian, daniml, afisher4band, Smarquezrn, erinbefore, Mamalovell, Kayleighsmommy, Brian, Kdlee, ann71, LilyLily

Edited by cathychatts
adding june bugs!

Well this is it. The last day of June. By the end of the day we all will have gone in for our surgeries. we've had a few sad stories of couple that weren't able to get their band, but are one of us regardless. Congratulations June-Bugs. Here's to the rest of our lives!!! Good luck everyone. Next month should be full of first fill stories. As I look back on my journey, I can't believe how quick it went. Sure while I was awaiting a date, screenings etc. it seemed like an eternity, but when I consider I had my seminar on 4/26, 1st consult 5/14 and was banded on 6/5 I think that was pretty quick. And now I am almost 4 weeks post op. Onward and Downward (on the scale that is).

CONGRATULATIONS JUNIES.....!!!!!......

HERE IS TO AN INCREDIBLE FUTURE!...

I HOPE WE CAN ALL KEEP IN TOUCH AND LET EACH OTHER KNOW OUR PROGRESSES...

...I know I personally need your support!!..

big hugs!!!

Kizzie

baby bandster smarquezrn checking in and doing well. Yesterday went better than I expected. Thanks for everyone's support. I will be checking in quite frequently. I still need lots of support and encouragement; we all do.

Thanks again everyone and thanks a million to cathychatts for keeping up with everyone.

Sincerely,

Stephanie