Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All,

I wanted to send out a good luck to everyone getting banded this week. I was on 6/11 and am already seeing good results. Someone mentioned they were using the Gas-X strips and I have to second that!!. I was really afraid when I was getting gas pains and didn't realize at first what it was. The Gas-X offers fast relief and gets things moving. Also, another huge help was ice packs (I actually use frozen peas). I would ice my upper stomach area several times a day and it really felt good and took the edge off of the pain.

To the person who was not taking the Protein suppliments... I feel really bad for you about that. Maybe your Dr. would change his mind and let you add it in. Protein is super important for healing and also keeping lean muscle mass. I have actually found that during the day I may start to get very shakey and light headed all of the sudden probably from the lack of calories. As soon as this happens I have a Slim Fast High Protein shake and immediatly feel better. Sometimes I only need 1/2 of one. It's very important to get your strength back and I know without a doubt I could not be back working without the protein.

I wish you all super speedy recoveries and joy to fill your hearts to overflowing!!

Julie:rolleyes2:

Don't worry, I felt the same way about my surgery on 6/3. I to also never had surgery before. I told the dr. and they gave me some nice meds in my IV I don't even remember going under. But when i came out of it the OR nurse said do you remember what your last converstation was. I said sure i did i was talking about my tag sale weekend that I just completed. She said no you were talking about your gag reflex that I have. and don't out that mask on me or the tube down my throat I will gag!!!!! They were all laughing at me since that was my biggest fear and I was out in 2 seconds. Of course I didn't gag and I wasn't even sore. You will do fine! My prayers are will you. Before you know it, you will be finished and oon the new band wagon!

Hi to all , today is day four for me and I am doing great. For all of you that are scared to death, it is okay to be afraid. I was very scared, not of the surgery but the lap band. It has been pretty good for me so far. I had a couple of uncomfortable days and today is just great for me. Now to cathychatts, I think it was you or someone sent me something to start recording my information and weight and I must have erased it. Anyway could someone send me another one so I can get on. thanks a lot

Beckyo:thumbup:

:party:Jazzy Junes! :party:

Count 300*

New members as of today in green

Two Full week of band surgery behind us!welldoneclap.gif A lot of prayers are with you ALL

Best of luck tomorrow you 23rd Bandster! You are in our prayers!

:crying:23

Little Debbie, Mariamomof2, brubear, Yesindeed, sweetrepose, RAINWI, claireycurtis, Greatlyblessed, Snuffy65 ,Kkarryall, jaja2, Snads08

:sad: 24

trtobiassen, Music Mom, theuse2000, ISmith, MRAMEY, bkladypm ,BumbleBree thuges113, ginad

:thumbup: 25

Tennessee Mom, dj bryan, Hollins2003, Sunflower00, rjtrimmer, brown bear, SkinnyMinnie, Waikiki, Kiki220, teford, teetee91477, krissyjean

:thumbup: 26 Suzyt, monicasf, MsChris72, frenchvanilla, Mns-ortiz, KayleighsMommy, MsMia2u, slinderella2b

:thumbup:27

TexGal, nellie ray, Kalaipahoa, Susie70, kpa88, Armywife4life, lillygirl, onnie67, cherieinnv, Gab, Annabell1

:thumbup: 28 ( Wonder why no more on this day? Are we missing something?)

KPA88

:thumbup: 30

maguirre67, Tai68, MS.MAURA NY, Brian, daniml, afisher4band, kdlee, Smarquezrn, erinbefore, Mamalovell, Kayleighsmommy, Brian, Kdlee, ann71

TOTAL 300 (WOW) :ohmy:

Home on the couch :couch2: and BANDED!:party:

I will only give you 2 days on the couch! LOL OK Since I was banded, I realize we need longer on the couch! LOL

bananalama.gif2 Deb, Realme, LeighDee, BIG T, Mandi Jo, Kitcatnap, Jajeanne, BanTam, Utahgirl, Strikeuptheband, katkeen, kellystidham, wrestlersmom, kristin1975, pjanesville@cha, jbrod2616, allyfran, Banded2gether, HF2008, No~More~Waddy

Banane21.gif3 Huggie Bear, elvisfan, nicolerose, YoungNY, leepizz, Nuali, photobuf, Marlinda, STAN77, mrsjackson, amethystjade, vkcse03, MamaWalla, Zaxtana, shaki

Banane43.gif 4 Sellie, jills_adopting, ebinsc, Hunzi, jlck98, Alleyoppvolley, Anewkim, Snappymonkey18, Terrier Mom, Snakerivermusic, SanDiegoPhotog, marinemom, nikon harry, Insky67, ryansgirl

Banane10.gif 5 Irish Ladybug, Cadets 71, LMarie_MD2b, jkpenny376, Imagoofball, Lady Zique, mekadig, MsScorpio67, Long2bThin,Wandafromsc, rbparker, ttbikergirl, aimerus, summer08, Ms. CohCoh, JustPhyl, Sirus

Banane27.gif6 Kristybandy, Cathychatts, eagerbandim, mamamarie, luigismama, pitter, Peacedove, Shorty184, WVaCat, jessbychurch, erv, TXEG, livn4jesus, addy, HAPPYBUNNIE, bandedbyrd, wobin, sailingirl,TXEG

Banane30.gif9

Bando, gardengrl, flirtyangel, vzghj3, Hayley, CarrieC, CarrieD, Hayley, Katies, pubrownsugar, justbob, ladybuy 238, LeslieR941906, beckyltriplett, pmvb11, rxdspncr, RAMES767, BubbleLove, Tazmin99, LisaV, TheYear Of Me, SassyV, SexxxxyAintI, Lizzard, badgirlink

Banane43.gif 10

Jules, Shaxmom, rearea1222, To Be Free, twinmommie, Angelshere, acadang, bandme08, Olive424, nancyb2003, Jillian68, micountryfarm aka stacey , kjillcarr, Barbarosa, allana, JeffR, Dino, Smantha39, nannypants and friend, Trishadish, RealSista85, justforme, cfuture88, Yaya24, LeslieR041906, Shanda, Cheri665, acadang

Banane27.gif 11

triser72, Mowree, aalves, jdrocks226, larakathyleen, Detroitdame75, PRCowboy, hopefulmom25, hippiechick, jeremiahsmommy, debbiefitz, lilnora2, Amisha

Banane21.gif 12

cris3, Angelyco, WannaDance,Susanm, MissWilde, Jewellj1, gina s, Dee 79, Ebeth0013, sks613, CPSimonton, DONNA ALT, sassylily, hoping, goodexample, cpforever, ghannouge, COPPERL, miladyscribe

Banane10.gif13 BATassbandita, elvisfan1219, KatW, cramadan, amyz, greythope, cantwait2bfree, ch4life, Bobbirs, lanaholuby, jlg, fntasa98, Camel Cracker, MINK, JTRMom, SofiaBell, bigrick, mariliz

:couch2:16 babbs 3772, Phoenix, kdaniels11604, md4pa76, ajpink, mimieg, cjb, NavywifeJenn, Divamom, babygyrl36

:couch2: 17

TX Diva, Apples2, KerryConnor, Shome, iteachurkid, steveamy0503, Kim929, teacherofk

:couch2: 18 KathyStrick, JamesRN, kRiStI wItH a I,Rhondawood63, Kizzie, bochs, Snailog

:couch2: 19 BigJedda, larinshine, ImGonnaLose, DIZ , Sara7venus, lapbandkenner08, RedPem1

:couch2: 20

alliemorris73 , CTGhostHunter, lolipopkd2, Sassy Lady

I also must of deleated that information. I am talking about the spread sheet that "Snuffy" made for all of us. I submitted my information but haven't been able to locate the site again. HELP!:grouphug:

I also must of deleated that information. I am talking about the spread sheet that "Snuffy" made for all of us. I submitted my information but haven't been able to locate the site again. HELP!:grouphug:

I have pasted the original post below...good luck...

snuffy65

City: Saginaw

State: Michigan

icon4.gifJazzy Junes Spreadsheet!!!!

I created a spread sheet for everyone to view online. It tracks your weight, waist size, and BMI before and after surgery.

It will keep track of how many lbs we loss and inches around your waist.

I thought it would be cool if we can track the progress of all the JJ's out there and total them up. So if you want on just click my name and private messege me the following info:

1. Weight at Surgery time

2. Waist at Surgery time

3. Current Weight

4. Current Waist

5. Finally your height.

I will making revisions on the look of the chart over the next week or so. However I still can input everyone's information.

Here is the rough draft!

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p6evGubdxcy_4ky4_aiiDAg&output=html

Hope to get alot of people on here so we track our group.:lol:

Hey all you fellow June 23rd Bandsters. Just wanted you all to know many prayers will be going up for us tomorrow! I will have two pastors and a deacon with me so I plan to keep them busy! :biggrin: I am scheduled for 9:00 am. I will check back as soon as I can. Will be waiting to hear from you all, don't leave us hangin'! :grouphug:

Cathychats get the couch ready! :lol:

Thanks Little Deb and Sassy. I am a little bit nervous but hopefully that goes away soon. :lol:

Leaving here in about a hour. :grouphug:

Hey all, I don't have to be to NYU till 1:00 so I will probably leave here around 11:45. I am nervous too, but trying not to think about it. :grouphug: It is helpful to think that other people are going through the same thing. I will post as soon as I can...

Wishing you all the best! :grouphug:

Cathy - the 28th is a Saturday so that is why we only have one on that day

Hello, I am having my "change of life" on 6/30...

Me too!!! Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.