Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often should you get a "fill"

I had my first fill april 17th. As yet I have no restriction on quantity of food I can consume at a sitting. Any restrictions is due to me trying to change the qty & type of food I eat.How often should I ask to be "filled"?

It's not a matter of setting a regular date, you should get a fill when you get hungry in less then 4 hours of eating a cup of food :-) General rule.

Take it slow with size of fills so that you dont get an overfill and have to have some taken out.

Hope i helped a little

Bel

When you need one, in the early days for me, it was monthly for the first three, then a couple of months before the next and then six months and so on and then I just had my sixth (I think) 2 and a half years after being banded and a year after my last and well into mainteance. I found I was getting hungry again so I had another, lets see if it works, it was only 0.1ml.

Within 2 hours of Breakfast I encounter hunger "pains" & fill up with coffe/tea & then a small meal for lunch, no calorie liquids till evening meal.

By which time I am famished so I tend to "stuff" myself. Guess it's time I suggested to the centre that I need a second fill. Thank you for your responses

Are you eating solid food for breakfast? liquids usually wont last you long unless you are super tight, they slip straight through the band. You need good nutritious foods with Protein, if you are eating well and still hungry in that time frame you need a fill :-)

Bel

I've just had my second fill and am already it appears to have made a difference. Time will tell.

Thanks for your helpful advice

well I've been for my 3rd fill already. At some time in the future I guess that I will reach saturation point.

how much of a fill are you getting at time do they check the amount

in the band how much is in your band and what size is it

I have only had one fill of 2ml in a 12ml band

I was banded on the 17-3-08 I went for a fill on the 8-5-08 and was told I did not need one

today I have had 1 bowl sugerpuffs 1 cup of tea 2 coffees

(flat white) 2 classes of V8 2 bits of pizza and I am stuffed

over done it with the pizza will have a class of milk or V8 later on

before I could eat 2 complete pizzas and 2 cans of coke

my band is a 10ml, and to date I have it 50% filled. 3ml the first fill and 1ml on each subsiquent fill.

I eat and drink but reduce the quantities I eat but as yet the band has not restricted my volume intake.