Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi - I'm Elma in Graham, WA and some of you know me from other boards.

I was banded by Dr Rumbaut on 2/27/01. Started out at 300# and lost 135# in one year. I had a TT and breast lift/implants with Dr. Pena in TJ a year ago.

Having lap band surgery was the best thing I ever did for me and my family. My lifeand my health are so much improved. The list of things I can do now that I couldn't do before is huge.

I have my own web page with before and after pictures. I'll get the info for my web page listed right away.

Just wanted to say hi to you all.

Elma in Graham, WA

hi elma!!!

thats so awsome!!!!! what type of diet did you follow? is it all on your website?? i cant wait till you get the link up. i love reading about other bandster especially the ones at GOAL!!!!!

i was just banded on 8-18 at 319 lbs and now weigh 308 with my first fill on monday!! i cant wait to get the ball rolling! i am going to try an adtkins style of eating...under 20 carbs a day, Water Water water and of course exercise!!!

hi elma,

its so good to see and hear of people reaching their goal weight, for some of us it seems so far away, but with sucess stories like yours, it makes us so much more confident, im so pleased for you!...now wheres this link!!

nikki.

Michelle - The web site is up and listed now.

I wasn't very good about being real specific about my eating habits. I was on liquids for 4 weeks, soft foods for two weeks and then on to regular stuff.

I did alot of sugar free Jello, broth, and popsicles while on the liquids. Moved on to mashed potatoes and thickers Soups for the next couple of weeks. Now on regular foods I eat mostly Protein. Usually chicken, fish, Beans, tuna. I use a lubricant like ranch dressing, tarter sauce or BBQ Sauce when I eat my meat or fish. Helps it go down easier.

I've made sure I keep my Water intake up and have at least 60 grams of Protein every day. Hope this helps.

Elma in Graham, WA

Ahhh the legendary Elma! I've seen your posts on SmartBandsters in the past. Glad to see you on the board!

Tonia

Tonya, Robin, Taresa - Thanks for the welcome.

Robin - Was looking at your PS photos and we sure have alot in common. I go back and look at the before PS pixs and just laugh. It is amaizing the difference after a TT & boob job.

We started out at about the same and lost about the same amount of weight. Know I could lose a bit more if I'd get my a** in gear and I may do that one of these days. In the mean time I am still trying to get used to this "not so new" person who keeps looking back at me in the mirror.

Thanks again for the welcome.

Elma in Graham, WA

Banded 2/27/01

Dr Rumbaut

300/165/??

Size 28/Size 10

Hey!! So what is your website? How do we get there? I am a pre-bander. Just scheduled my surgery for Oct. 1. I am VERY NERVOUS!!!!! Would love to see your journey.

Thanks,

Candace

Candace - Right under one of my posts are some buttons and one has www on it. Click on that one and it will take you to my web site. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll send you a direct link.

Elma in Graham, WA

I got it and I went and visited. I think you are amazing and your story is truely inspiring!!! I just got my surgery date-Oct.1. I am very nervous, scared, excited, worried, etc. I am having some reservations. Thanks for sharing your story with us. Congratulations to you!!!!

Thanks,

Candace

Candace - Go ahead and be nervouse, scared, excited - but it will be OK. Many of us have done this before you and you will find like us - it will be the best thing you have ever done for yourself, your health, and those who love you.

There aren't words to describe how much my life has changed for the better. The best thing is I don't hate myself or the way I look anymore.

Congrats on your upcoming surgery and I look forward to seeing the changes in your life.

Elma in Graham, WA

Banded 2/27/01

Dr Rumbaut

300/165/??

Size 28/Size 10

Elma you are my hero!! I hope and pray that I can have the success with the band that you have had!! I would really like to get a better idea of what you were eating during that first year. You gave us an idea, but could you be more specific...I'm sure many of us would like to know. If you don't mind, please list a few examples of what you would eat most often for Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Congrats and continued success to you!

bandgal

8/25/03

303.5/283/135??

OK Bandgal - You are testing an old girl's memory now. I'll try.

First of all, I did not touch sugar for the first year. My choice - I did not have one dessert for the first year.

I am not a Breakfast person so for that meal I had a Protein shake. Got 30 grams of Protein with that.

For lunch I usually have some refried Beans with a slice of cheese melted on it. or a can of tuna fish mixed with ranch dressing and about 5 ritz crackers, or the meat off of a chicken breast, if I go to Taco Bell I will order a pintos & cheese ($.89) and a regular nachos (Small chips with cheese sauce $.89) Sometimes I can eat it all, sometimes not.

For dinner I usually eat the same kind of stuff I have for lunch. I buy the frozen fish fillets and will have one or two (depending on size) with some tarter sauce. I like chicken breast, so I eat that alot of times. Baked Beans & refried beans are favorites too.

I fix a yogurt fruit smoothie every day that I have after dinner (when I can start drinking stuff again). I take one of the Safeway brand Lite Yogurt (raspberry is my favorite in the teal color containers) and mix it with some fozen raspberries and rasp ice crystal lite and blend it all together with my hand mixer. I freeze the yogurt and take one out and put it in the fridge every morning so it is about milkshake consistency.

To get my chocolate & ice cream fix I order the low calorie, low sugar fudge bars from the Schwan's man (home delivery) and will usually have a couple of those every night. Only 50 calories each and 2 grams of sugar.

I don't do bread unless it is a very hard crispy bread like the crust off french bread or bread sticks. I don't do Pasta or rice much either. I sometimes mix rice with refried beans.

Most people do a bigger variety than I do, but it worked for me.

Let me know if there is anything I can tell ya.

Take care - Elma

Elma,

Thank you so much for your reply...It does help me so much to know what has worked for others. What kind of Protein shake are you having for Breakfast? I haven't found one that is very tasty yet. I am gagging down a Revival Soy shake now. Another question..you said at dinner you would have fish or chicken..is that all? No veggies or some kind of side dish?

I really appreciate your help and congrats again on the fabulous

new you!

bandgal

8/25/03