Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Breakfast Boredom....

I'm bored.....tired of a single scrambled egg....tired of a small serving of Cereal....blech....

Give me some Breakfast ideas.....both quick for work mornings and what ever for weekends!

Harley Girl:

How about smoothies?

How about yogurt with some berries and/or granola mixed in?

How about a Cereal bar?

How about a piece of toast with Peanut Butter?

Those are the things that I have sometimes.

Sue

I usually have an ounce of cheese and 5 crackers. You don't have to eat breakfast food for breakfast. Have a sandwich or some lunch meat.

Growing up I never ate breakfast food. I used to eat chicken noodle Soup for breakfast. My mother would put milk in it because I would not drink milk at all.

I bought some bacon today so I am going to throw a couple of slices in the microwave the next few days for breakfast.

My favorite decadent breakfast:

Toast a slice of sunflower seed bread. Top with half a slice of gruyere cheese, and nuke for 30 seconds to melt. Top with a Tbsp of (Oregon Grower's) pear-hazelnut butter. Quick, sinful, and much healthier than you'd think. About 180 calories, 10g Protein, 3g fat.

Lessnless, skinny Jill, Sue Magoo and Harley Girl, you are all doing great! I'm looking at your tickers and am so in awe with how good you are doing. Have any of you had any bad days where you had sweets, ie. ice cream, etc.

I had a bad day today and am hoping I can get past it.

Dolores

Edited by ld0008

Oh, honey, don't make me lie! Yes, I've eaten everything but the kitchen sink since being banded, BUT I have true portion control--I can have chocolate in the house for weeks at a time, without feeling the need to binge.

So I have a "taste" of mac&cheese, or a "taste" of chips&salsa, and I'm done -- I honestly just forget to take the next bite. Last week I went to lunch with people who don't know about my band, ordered nachos (the only thing on the menu that I felt safe with) and ate THREE chips before I was full. No one noticed, no one cares.

My particular tastes tend to favor healthy foods--I'll always pick carrots over chips, for example. I still eat rice/pasta, but only once or twice a month and only a small portion (1/4 cup). Love ice cream, but I'm happy with a small WW cup now, instead of a one-serving-pint.

I do keep a food journal and I weigh/measure every bite. I always fall off my diet by increasing my "eyeballed" portion sizes, so I'm really serious about weighing my food as part of my meal prep. As long as I'm honest with myself, I can have anything I want. I just limit my "treats" per week, and stay within my daily calorie range.

I feel I have the best possible outcome with the band. I don't really have any foods that I can't eat (except $%@#!!! cherry tomatoes), I'm just really limited in my portion size. Any PB problems are always related to eating too fast/too big a bite.

Lessnless, skinny Jill, Sue Magoo and Harley Girl, you are all doing great! I'm looking at your tickers and am so in awe with how good you are doing. Have any of you had any bad days where you had sweets, ie. ice cream, etc.

I had a bad day today and am hoping I can get past it.

Dolores

Dolores:

I've had a bunch of bad days, but most of the time I eat like a bandster eats. Alot of times if I want frozen yogurt I walk for it. I walk to the store, get a small container, or walk to the shop and get one frozen yogurt. Then, I walk home too.

Today I had one piece of pizza - yummmmmmy. However, I ate it too fast and only rented it - pb:(

I think that as long as you eat like a bandster most of the time you should do okay.

Best wishes.

Sue

This morning, I had a packet of regular, instant oatmeal. I added a little Splenda and cut up 3 strawberries into the oatmeal. Then, I mixed a little vanilla and splenda with some plain no fat yougurt. Delicious!

Boost Glucose Control. Comes in chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. 190 calories, 16 grams of Protein. I grab one and a straw on my way to work every morning. I'm not much of a big breakfast person anyway, I really just want to get to work and pour myself some coffee, but I need the Protein boost for several reasons: gotta get the protein in: need some GOOD calories in the morning to get my metabolism up and running: protein helps keep the hungries at bay: I'm diabetic to boot and I have to watch my blood sugar levels closely, protein helps a lot.

You can get these drinks in a six-pack in the diet/diabetes section of most grocery stores.

Hugs!

Donna

I get bored with Breakfast too which is when I tend to skip it.

My kids often eat non breakfast food for breakfast, tuna on crackers is a favourite. Although the other morning Ewan ate his roast chicken dinner that he missed the night before as he stayed at a friend's house. Its his favourite meal, he didnt want to miss out!