Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

scary first fill episode

Ok so I had my first fill on Thursday all good. Friday morning we decided to go to adventure world so off we went without even thinking about food we would buy there. Got to the lunch counter and they only sold burgers and chips so i thought I should be ok if I eat a couple of chips and chew well. About 1 minute after I swallowed I started to feel stuck and ill so I took a degas tablet. For about 6 hours after I was pb'ing and sick I couldnt even drink Water, what hell. I threw up about 5 times in public at adventure world and felt sooo humiliated. I am fine now but have learnt a valuable lesson never go anywhere unprepared and getting stuck is no joke.

Sorry to hear you had such a rough time. Adventure World is sucky like that - almost no healthy food options at all! You might have to take a picnic lunch with you next time, but I still wouldn't recommend solid foods so quickly after a fill. My doc says liquids for 48 hrs then slowly introduce solid foods to see what you tolerate. So far, I've tolerated everything coming back into the diet but boy howdy do I know that I have restriction now! I have to eat very slowly and carefully, else I can get stuck and have those horrid episodes too - never been stuck for 6hrs though! OUCH!!

Sorry to hear you went through that Nat. My boyfriend had an embarrassing PB experience at a meeting after tucking into a sandwich - not fun at all.

:w00t:Im laughing about it now but Friday night I was really thinking I was too tight and would have to remain unfilled forever and it was all a waste of time blah blah blah very dramatic.

Im slowly starting to tackle slightly solid food today at work I ate the middle of a quiche and it went down well.

I have a day off tomorrow ny school is flooded WOOHOO:thumbup::wink2::tt2:

We had scones for morning tea on Monday and I couldnt even try them I was too scared. I am finding that I cant eat much at all during the day but I can eat at night, Breakfast is a complete waste of time I just want to throw up at the thought.

I have trouble taking metamucil because it gets thick before I can get it down.

I think I will go very conservative after the next fill unless I suddenly lose restriction. So far so good, how have you been with restriction Emma?

I've no restriction yet - so I have all this to look forward to :thumbup:

I have started carrying in my handbag one of those 1 Serve of Veges Cup-a-Soups. I suppose I'm thinking you can always ask some nice vendor for a cup of boiling Water - I've done this already when I've been stuck in a food court with no "mushie" options.

We had scones for morning tea on Monday and I couldnt even try them I was too scared. I am finding that I cant eat much at all during the day but I can eat at night, breakfast is a complete waste of time I just want to throw up at the thought.

I have trouble taking metamucil because it gets thick before I can get it down.

I think I will go very conservative after the next fill unless I suddenly lose restriction. So far so good, how have you been with restriction Emma?

I have no prob with breakfast - usually have 1 weetbix and milk. For the first week after fill I rarely felt hungry at all but now I'm starting to again. For eg - I'm hungry right now at 10am! I have had a few PB and sliming episodes usually due to me not paying attention to how much i'm putting in my mouth and not chewing enough. I'm definately eating less though which is good - food left on a plate is a completely new concept for me!