Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Trouble Eating after Fill

It's been a week for me since my last fill. Yes I'm tight, but baby, if I couldn't even swallow my own spit I would run back for a fill without batting my eyes :rolleyes2:

Each fill has been a little more challenging... I kinda feel the band adjusting because today I drank more Water than I have been able to in a week.

The scale has been crazy! I was 228 when I went in for my feel 7 days ago and today I weighed in at 118! I call that LOVELY!

I got .6cc's last Friday, bringing me to 6.1cc's in a 10cc band. I couldn't get anything down over the weekend except liquids. I was on liquids until Saturday and then soft until Monday. By Tuesday, still couldn't get solids down, but by Wednesday night, small amounts of solids got down, and by today, eating about 4 oz of food at a meal.

Hello Everyone! I'm doing much better today. I am getting the hang of this restriction now. I know that once I'm full off of my meal I shouldn't try to eat anything else only my real meals because if I do that's when the problem comes I guess one would call this eating around the band. I'm doing strictly 3 meals a day and maybe one snack. I'm still waiting to be able to get my Water down a little better but I'm not going to complain.

This time when I got the fill it was in the office so I had to drink Water instead of the barium. I felt better in the office and the 2 days after when I went to musy but the next day was the pits. The scale is moving in the right direction so I'm not going to complain.

I was just released from the hospital, after being admitted yesterday for dehydration. As I wrote a couple odf days ago, I explained that I had 1cc put in on 4/21/08 bring me to 6cc, on 4/22/08 I had .5cc taken out and my band was still to tight, wanting to lose weight fast I said I had deal with it. On 4/24/08 I had to go to the emergency room, because I could not tolerate liquids or food. As a result I started feeling light headed, dizzy and weak. After checking my urine and blood work, I was advised that I was dehydrated and would be admitted. I was hooked up to an I.V and a x-ray was done of my band to see if it had slipped. No the band did not slip, but my stomach was swollen due to the band being to tight. To prevent the band from slipping and allow my stomach to heal, I had to have all the Fluid taken out of band. I have to wait until 5/22/08 to have fluid placed back in the band. I'm just trying to let everyone know that having your band to tight can hurt you in the long run. We all want to lose weight, but we must be patient and smart about it. Now I'm back to the beginning of band hood. Clear liquid diet for two weeks. I'm scared about gaining my weight back. Before I was released from the hospital I weighed an at 209lbs. On 4/21/08 I weighed 223lbs and on 4/22/08 I weighed 215lbs.

I'm sorry BabyCat that you had to go to the hospital! I wish you well. Rest assured that you will do fine with your diet until you can get a fill, remember that everything happens for a reason. I'm glad that you feel better. We do have to remember to take care of ourselves.

I'm doing a lot better as I had to learn how to deal with restriction because I'm not using to having any. I'm not getting sick anymore, I have learned to recognize when I've had enough to eat. I tried to eat a hotdog off the grill last night and could only eat half before I got the full feeling so I was proud of that.

BabyCat

I am going to remember what you said because I do not like to be in the hospital and will do anything in my power to avoid having to go even if it means having an unfill. Hopefully this one will last me for a while and I want have to go in for another one for some time. Thanks for sharing. You take care of yourself and remember that if you need us we are here for you. Check back in and keep me updated on your progress. You will do just fine.

BabyCat, I'm so sorry that happened to you. Sounds pretty awful. I hope you feel lots better soon.

Gatorade helps tremendously when you're dehydrated - if you don't need hospitalization, that is. My stomach swells pretty often. Every time I use a pain reliever, my stomach swells. That's annoying. And if I eat Chinese food or anything super-salty. When it's swollen, I just have Protein drinks - no food - until it's better.

Luvinke, I'm glad your feeling better, just take your time. I had restriction at 5cc, I should have stayed at 5 for at least two more months, but sometimes you learn the hard way and it only makes you stronger. I'm happy your feeling restriction, take small bites and chew, chew and chew.

I was just released from the hospital, after being admitted yesterday for dehydration. , checking my urine and blood work, I was advised that I was dehydrated and would be admitted. I was hooked up to an I.V and a x-ray was done of my band to see if it had slipped. No the band did not slip, but my stomach was swollen due to the band being to tight. To prevent the band from slipping and allow my stomach to heal, I had to have all the Fluid taken out of band. I'm just trying to let everyone know that having your band to tight can hurt you in the long run.

4/21/08 I .

Yes, it's very good that you brought this up. Being too tight is dangerous and that's what leads to problems down the road. If we want to keep our bands and not end with another surgery for a slip or even worse, band removal, we can't be too tight. My surgeon just came to support group

and said he has to do so many surgeries on people who kept their bands too tight for too long. It causes complications. Having too tight of a band is not the road to weight loss, necessarily. You'll lose weight all right, but you could lose your band too.

AThinnerDenise, I agree with you. I'm glad that all I had to get do was my band unfilled and be on a liquid diet, it could have been worse.

I am glad for you too. Being unfilled is way better than losing the band.

You were very smart to go to the emergency room.

Luvinke. I'm doing fine I'm still running two to three miles a day, but still taking it slow. Keep me posted on your weight loss.

I just had my second fill yesterday and boy, do I feel it. I was getting concerned as I only lost 3 lbs in two months from my first fill and I was beginning to believe I made a mistake. I could (if I wanted) almost eat full portions. I have a 12cc band and had 3 cc in the first fill and just had 3 more added yesterday. Now, even Water feels like it goes down like a rock. It goes down, but to stay hydrated (especially after reading this thread) and get my Protein in, it has become an all day affair. I haven't vomitted, but have had some PB events (which now I actually know what that means first hand). I don't think it is overdone, but now I can REALLY feel the band taking hold. Time to really start chewing...

Banded: 1/15/08 in Dallas, Tx by Dr. Joseph Cribbins

Starting Weignt: 355

Current Weight: 306

Goal Weight 210