Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Trouble Eating after Fill

I got a fill on last Friday and had to do 2 days liquids then 2 days soft. I have some baked chicken breast that I cooked for a long time to make it mushy like and some fresh greens and I can't even eat it. I guess I have to go back to baked fish which I don't mind but I really wanted to eat my lunch today.

I know that I have good restriction with this fill as when I drink a liquid like Water it curbs my hunger and I don't have to eat right then. If I drink to much liquid then I get slimmed. What is a bandster to do? Should I wait it out or call the Doctor and ask for an unfill. I've never had good restriction like this and am afraid that I might just not be eating properly. Anybody experiencing the same type of problems?

Hi

I was filled last week for the forst time. I have had tuna with light mayo...thinking that would be ok? It felt like it got stuck in my chest!

It took about five mins before it went down. Has anything gotten stuck like that before? STRANGE!!!

Question. What is "slimmed"? I have seen it used before but never asked anyone what it ment.

I hope things get better for you. Keep me posted...

Hi, No I would wail do not unfill you will ajust. When people say slimmed you mean when you have to spit because it won't go down I hate that... How manyy CC Now. How big is your band?

I think you could probably afford to wait a week or so and see if you adjust. If you're able to drink and eat cautiously and are not PBing a lot, are not worried by how little you're eating, then its up to you, you can wait it out, even if it takes a few months till you've lost more to loosen off.

But if you're having trouble getting things down, dont muck around. Its not worth being miserable over and when you're THAT tight, its so so easy to fall into the trap of eating rubbish like Cookies and chocolate becuase they go down where chicken and salad is much harder. Then you end up being miserable and not losing anyway.

I am having trouble adjusting to my last fill too. I even had an appt. to be unfilled alittle bit but it got better and I cancelled. I have 4 3/4 cc in a 10 cc band. I really don't enjoy eating anymore, most things are getting stuck or hurt going down, but I do like the scale and the way I feel.

I am suppose to go back on 5-3-08 for another fill but I may hold off on adding to it. I will see how I am doing when that day comes. I am looking

forward to having my blood work rechecked next visit to see if I am eating enough nutrionally.

I've got 5.8cc in a 10cc band. I will take all of your advice and wait it out. I have to sip carefully and eat soft foods like baked fish, corned beef, I can even do cheese. I brought a lean cuisine meal to work today that I want to eat along with another storage container as I know I can't eat but probably 2 to 3 ounces of the food. I am not getting a lot of food in and would love to see the scale go down about 10 or 15 pounds so I will try to hang in there. I'm not use to having good restriction so I think it just feels weird to me. Thanks to you all for your support. How about we all try to wait it out together unless we feel that we have health risk. Let's continue to keep one another posted on our progress. I weighed myself yesterday and I'm going to do it again either Friday or Saturday morning to see if this restriction has caused the scale to go down any. Best of Luck to you all! Perhaps we will see less(weight loss) of one another by the end of the week.

I got a fill on last Friday and had to do 2 days liquids then 2 days soft. I have some baked chicken breast that I cooked for a long time to make it mushy like and some fresh greens and I can't even eat it. I guess I have to go back to baked fish which I don't mind but I really wanted to eat my lunch today.

I know that I have good restriction with this fill as when I drink a liquid like Water it curbs my hunger and I don't have to eat right then. If I drink to much liquid then I get slimmed. What is a bandster to do? Should I wait it out or call the Doctor and ask for an unfill. I've never had good restriction like this and am afraid that I might just not be eating properly. Anybody experiencing the same type of problems?

baked chicken cooked too much could be part of the problem esp breast meat which is dry

I am having the same problems too. I have noticed that in the past month my blood pressure has dropped. I have always had good blood pressure like 120/80. But now it is always round 96/56. I get dizzy and light headed quite often. Because of this, I am really sluggish, tired, and lazy. I have always had lots of energy but now I just want to lay around, yarn, and sleep. I was told that I may need to eat more salt and drink more Water even though my blood work is fine. Have you went thru this before? I was banded Dec. 10, 07 and lost 50 lbs since.

I had my fourth fill yesterday for a total of 6cc, I had to go back today and have .5cc removed, because I could not swallow my spit without it coming back up. That was a miserable feeling that I never want to feel again. It was so bad that I weighed at 215.5 lbs, yesterday i weighed in at 222.7 lbs. That lets you know that I could not hold nothing down and it made me feel weak. So weak that I could only run one mile this morning, when I'm use to running two to three miles a day. We all want to lose weight, but starvation is not the way. If I could keep fluids down, then I would have not got an unfill, but I couldn't even sleep, because I slimming all night.

I have been dealing with a tight fill for almost 2 months now. It has been so hard. I don't enjoy eating anymore, I crave veggies and meat but can only eat a few bites and I am full up to my throat it seems. I PB every few days and slime at least once a day. I keep thinking it is going to loosen up, I have lost 14 lbs with this fill. It is still as tight as ever. Now my menstrual has started so I have a few weeks of an even tighter band. I really don't have time to drive down to Mexico (2hrs there and 3 hrs home) and get an unfill and don't want to pay nearly 400 to have it unfilled at the Fill Center in my town. Anyone know of other doctor's in Orange County, CA who will do fills and unfills on Mexico patients for a reasonable price? I love the scale right now but I just wish that dinner was a little more enjoyable for me. ERRRRRRR!

I am in the same boat too. I complained and complained that I didnt have the sweet spot and now that I am restricted I am not happy either!! UGH!!!

I am able to get a zone bar down for Breakfast (takes almost 30 minutes) and then some Soup for lunch, but dinner is a mess. I went 6 months with no PB's and now, I PB 4 times in 2 weeks. No more steak, no more chicken breasts, it is all fish and veggies for me.

The scale is finally moving for me so it is hard to decide if I should go back for a slight unfill. I was hoping that two weeks or so of this would lossen up things a bit, but no such luck.

I do have to say that no being hungry and finally out of bandster hell is worth it. However, I too used to look forward to food and now it seems like a hassle. Go figure.

I hope everybody is doing better today. I am still trying to adjust to this fill. I don't mind the eating of the small portions I actually like that part but I want to drink more Water. It takes about 30 minutes to get through with a 16.9 ounce bottle. I hope it loosens up just a little. I'm not going to get an unfill unless I absolutely have to because today I went shopping in the juniors department and brought their size XL and they actually all look good on me. I had to try everything on because I'm between sizes right now.

I posted this a few days ago, under a differnt heading, but I think it applies here:

Was banded 12/20/07 with 2 cc put in at that time. . Didn't have my first fill unitl March 11, had 2 ccs added in a 12 cc band. I was losing wait at a good clip, but was abl to eat ALOT. When I got my fill, followed my Dr's orders, liquids for a couple of days, mushoes, etc, but anytime I tried to get past mushies I would get sick, vomitting food, slime (what seemed like gallons :crying: & generally sick to my stomach for days. I kept thinking, it must be MY fault, trying foods I shouldn't, eating too fast, etc. My doc is also 2½ hours away, so it's not just a quick trip across town to gt there. Talked to my Dr & still thought it was me, talked about getting an unfill, by this point I was sick to my stomach at least 4 days a week & spent 1 night in the ER with fluids,antinausea drugs, Xrays, the works YUCK! I was getting to the poin where holding down liquids wasn't even working..Went in for an unfill today. Got 3 ccs removed & WOW what a releif! I feel great again!~ But, my Dr noticed on the Xrays that my band has tipped a bit from it's original placment. He didn't seemed too concerned. I have to call him in a couple of days, then we wait a bit for a small fill again....I am willing to wait. I WISH I would have listend to my body the first couple of weeks into feeling SO ill & had the unfill then! But, as they said, hind sight is 20/20. So listen to your body, don't look at an unfill as a set back! Be healthy everyone!

MN ilene

weight.png

I've had this problem with each fill. And with each fill (I've had 3), it takes longer to adjust. I have the whole shebang, too - sliming, getting stuff stuck, throwing up (well, more like spitting up). Finally, I learned that if I take itsy teensy bites - more like a 10th of a bite, the band will "relax" and I can eat a reasonable amount. Obviously, it can't be the band that's relaxing, unless the pressure of the food is forcing the saline more into the tube or something, but something relaxes there and after maybe 10 10th-of-a-bites, I can start eating half-bites and feel like I'm actually eating.

My doc says you shouldn't ever be able to eat more than half a chicken breast at one sitting. It takes me so long to eat that I get bored with trying (but I still manage).

Does your doctor require you to drink Water after the fill before leaving the office? Once I had an overfill and couldn't swallow the Water. He immediately took a little out and I was ok then.