Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thinking of Cancelling Surgery!!!

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you! Take it easy and let us know in a few days (or when you're up to it) how you're doing!

:redface:

Well I went through with the surgery!! I had it today 4/23/08 and so far not too bad. I think I had my self psyched out, and was thinking it would be worse than it was. I am getting up and walking a lot, taking Gas X, and sticking to the medciation schedule, and it hasn't been too bad. But give me a few days and check back with me :lol:

Wohhooo!!!:rant: I just found this thread and was anxious to see what happened!!! Yea for you Ceinman!!

Now I am awaiting my surgery!!!!:hurt: If I get cold feet, I know you all will be there for me...Oh and it may be Elective but...not really...we are just taking charge of our health and bodies and not being the victims of Obesity anymore:wink2:

Well I went through with the surgery!! I had it today 4/23/08 and so far not too bad. I think I had my self psyched out, and was thinking it would be worse than it was. I am getting up and walking a lot, taking Gas X, and sticking to the medciation schedule, and it hasn't been too bad. But give me a few days and check back with me :redface:

Yeah!! You did it! I am so happy for you. I alos just found this thread, and am struggling with the same thoughts. I am terrified that I will get my Band and it will work like everything else- lose some, gain more back. I will NOT let that happen!!!

My surgery date is in 13 days, so I am doing my pre-op diet, and today I was in hell, but now I am like, Heh this isn't so bad. Maybe I can just do this. But I know I can't.

Good luck ceinman, and everyone else!

Give yourself 2 weeks then you will be posting the board and asking how long you have to wait before getting active. Congrats and I am glad to see you have made the plunge.

Thanks so much for all the support you all gave me!! It has been a week now, and let me tell you the 3 days after surgery were no joke!!! My advice to everyone is take your pain medicine religiously!!! On the 4th day things got better, and today I feel much better!! I still have a sharp pain in my left side, I am assuming that is were the port is, and if I breath wrong or move wrong it hurts, but I have been told that will go away eventually. So far so good!!

I still can't get that stupid ticker to work and I am jealous!! I don't know what I am doing wrong!!

Congratulations Ceinman. I was banded on April 28 and feeling pretty good except for a pain that comes and goes in my chest area. Dr. says it's probably gas.

Congrats - Just found thread and hope all is going well. In regards to the ticker if the tutorial doesn't help. This is what I do.

1 - go to tickerfactory.com to create ticker

2 - once ticker is created forget all that code "Stuff". Instead just highlight the picture of the ticker on the screen (Note: you might have to play around a bit with the position of the mouse to get it to highlight the picture correctly)

3 - Right click and copy the picture of the ticker and then paste it into your signature line on the LBT control panel.

PM me if you need any help.

I was banded on March 3. I also was very skeptical about it. I asked my primary care doctor and told him i was concerned about the long term effects and that no one knew what they were. He said to me, maybe not Dolores but I do not the long term effects of you keeping this weight on - your going to have a heart attack. Right then and there I knew I had to do something. I knew he was right. I could not carry that weight around anymore, I was huffing and puffing walking and going up stairs. Now I feel great. i walk every day and eat right. Imagine me, eating right! I am so happy. I also love my band.

You have to decide for yourself. If you can do it on your own, that's good. If not, the band is a tool to help you.

oh i just realized you had it done - i thought it said 5/28. Well congratulations and call on us if you need support.

Hey everyone!! 20lbs down and things are going great. I walked for the first time today and I feel so much better now!!! It is amazing how 20 lbs makes you feel different, I was able to walk longer and not get as tired. My first fill is on May 29th, and I am ready. I can already tell that day after day I can tolerate eating more food, but I try to keep myself from eating too much even though I feel I can.

Steph Co~thanks for the ticker tutorial!! It help!! I was pasting the code in the wrong box. But I got it working now!!

I feel the same way you do. I have been reading about the lapband and went to a seminar. Tomorrow, I go to my PCP and will be discussing LB surgery. I know I can drink a shake for two weeks and lose weight - AND stick to WW for a few months and lose weight. The issue is - long term I cannot keep the weight off - plus more creeps back on. This is a huge step for me too, but I am seriously considering it because I don't want to continue on this path. I need to end the yo-yo cycle. I don't have health issues, I go to the gym and do yoga. I want to be healthier and need to lose the extra pounds. Plus, I tell myself -- If I don't like the band, I will have it removed. It is worth trying as so many people on this site seem to like their band. I have heard of some issues, but again, the majority say they would do it again in a minute. Good Luck with your decision....