Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whos exercising??

Yes Nat! When I think about how heavy what I have lost - 47+kilos is, I wonder how I even walked around with it on me! No wonder I had constant back pain and knee problems!

But if you feel ready for running now, do it! We're all different, and it sounds like you're motivated to start. Just try and see how you go, if you don't feel right, leave it a couple of weeks and then try again. You'll get there!

I have been a regular at the chiropractor for about 10 years and always have something out. I went for my regular visit on Friday and for the first time ever she said my back was good. I cant believe that it has only taken a short time to see health changes.

I have started training with a friend who does triathlons so she is very motivating.

Is it normal to not be able to drink Water quickly? I find when I exercise I really want to drink lots of water fast but I cant, I have to take small mouthfuls and wait for it to go down. Is that the norm??

My exercise routine since January is as follows:

6:00-6:30 am Hard Cardio (elliptical or cross trainer)

6:30-7:00 am Weight Training

5:30 -6:30 pm light Cardio (long walk with Doggie)

I am starting a running class on May 15, with a vision of running 5K by my one year bandiversary in August

Man, Michee - you are doing SO much better than me with the weight loss. I was banded in Sept. and I've only lost 40 lbs. Have you been doing the current exercise regime for the whole time? (I admit to having a tortilla chip problem.)

Funny you should say that I am doing well with my weight loss, because compared to other August Bandsters I am a really slow loser. a lot of them have lost more than 100 pounds already. I'm kinda jealous! I try NOT to compare myself, but it can get hard not to do.

After getting banded I was going to the gym 2-3 times per week, and walking one hour daily. I sort of hit a plateau from Nov - Jan. I needed a kickstart so decided to ramp up the exercise. It seems to be working, losing about a pound and a half per week. More importantly, I am no longer considered diabetic. Doc says I am metabolically normal. I am completely off the diabetes meds. I think this is mostly due to exercise. I am really in love with this healthy new life !

You have lost 40 pounds, and are no longer in the 200's. That is Awesome.

That's great about the diabetic meds. I was pre-diabetic, had high bp. I'm now off all meds except cholesterol - the docs say that's genetic, but what isn't? I do like not having the remember all those pills, though, and not buying them.

I was doing so good on the exercise then I got sick and missed 3 weeks. So today I'm starting all over. I hope it helps. If nothing else, the muscles feel great, don't they?

And working so hard makes you want to eat better. Is it that way for you, too?

I'm still very erratic with my exercising but at least I am sticking at it for much longer than ever before. I work away on a mine site 8 days out of the fortnight, and am usually very good when I'm in camp, but slack off on my 6 days home. I've been through phases of swimming 1km every night in the camp pool (too cold at night now), walking on the treadmill in the camp gym (boring as batshit but the best results so far) and just recently got introduced to that torture machine otherwise known as a Pilates machine. I can't walk for more than 20-25 mins, as I have an old injury in my foot that just canes when I go for longer, so I'm going to try to supplement 20 mins on the treadmill with 20-30 mins of pilates.

My exercise routine since January is as follows:

6:00-6:30 am Hard Cardio (elliptical or cross trainer)

6:30-7:00 am Weight Training

5:30 -6:30 pm light Cardio (long walk with Doggie)

I am starting a running class on May 15, with a vision of running 5K by my one year bandiversary in August

You will be sooooo excited when you finish your first 5K. It is thrilling/exhillerating/exciting and addictive. I just ran my 2nd one today and the feeling at the finish line is indescribable. I am currently in training for a half marathon that I will run June 29...4 days before my TT and 1 month 10 days before my bandiversary. With determination, guts, and a good attitude you can accomplish ANYTHING!

I was thinking tonight I would like to start a thread to compare notes with others on the type of exercise they are doing post band. I would really like to know if Im varied enough and what is working for others. For the last 4 weeks I have been going to Water aerobics once a week, the gym four times a week and walking the other two days. Has anyone tried yoga? wouldnt mind giving that a go.

I just bought a TREADMILL!!! I am sooooooooooo excited, I've spent so much money over the years on gyms and not turned up. At least now I can just come home and hop on, I work really long hours so top or tailing my day with an hours gym work takes me to at least 13-14 hour days. at least now I can come home and do it when I want, morning in my PJ's or at night before dinner.< /p>

Good on you batkitty, I think it doesnt matter how we do it as long as we "shut our gob and move our ass" to quote Jachut. I have joined the gym for 3 months to make sure I dont get sick of it and have to pay for a while year like i did at curves

Is it normal to not be able to drink Water quickly? I find when I exercise I really want to drink lots of water fast but I cant, I have to take small mouthfuls and wait for it to go down. Is that the norm??

Nat, I have noticed that same .... I used to be able to consume water REALLY quickly, now if I do gulp is 'bubbles' down ... like if you pour something too quickly into a tight hole and it bubbles up as it drains through.

Also I know I have mentioned this on other posts but oh the burping! if I drink anything quikly (ish) burp burp burp burp!!! :rolleyes:

Nat, I have noticed that same .... I used to be able to consume Water REALLY quickly, now if I do gulp is 'bubbles' down ... like if you pour something too quickly into a tight hole and it bubbles up as it drains through.

Also I know I have mentioned this on other posts but oh the burping! if I drink anything quikly (ish) burp burp burp burp!!! :)

I dont burp I get the hiccups really bad. My husband says I sound like a drain when I drink even he can hear the gurgling as it goes down. Some days its not too bad and others I have to be careful. Last week could have been emabarrasing I took a big sip of water and it went down the wrong way I just got out the staffroom door when all the water exploded out of me like a water fountain, Nice!!

I did it i did it I did it!!! today I went for a walk and it seemed right to move a bit faster and jog and i did. It was only short bursts but it was running, YAY:thumbup::):)

Ok this probably sounds silly but......I RAN!!!!

For the last week or so when Im on the treadmill my feet have been itching to go a bit faster but I have been scared to try in case I cant do it. Well today I got on and thought to hell with it and started doing 1 minute intervals of running and walking for 30 minutes. I was totally buggered when I got off but what a feeling.

This time last year I had little fantasies about how I might feel when Im banded but not one of them comes close to how it really feels. I love my band:lol::redface: