Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DFW Texas Bandsters

Update - I am scheduled for May 23th with Dr. Felts in Dallas!!!!! I'm so excited

I am getting banded this Friday, June 13th (Friday the 13th), but couldn't be happier. My husband and I both are using Dr. Felts. My husband was banded this past friday on June 6th and just called me happy about his weight loss. He was at 312 two weeks before his pre-op, was 302 the day of his pre-op 6/5/06 and was 301.8 the following day 6/6/08 and in less than a week is already down to 294.6 as of today 6/10/08.

He was complaining at first about the pain (like a baby, hahaha:lol:). But now is loving it. He just started walking on the treadmill today. He was just laying around the house complaining before. I can't wait til friday to have my surgery. I hope my weight loss happens as quickly as his. I know he's a guy and guys lose weight quicker, but we will see. I have been walking everyday, and Dr. Felts says I need to be down 8lbs by Friday. I am already down 7 this week alone.:behindsofa:

Wish me luck!:grouphug:

I am being banded on July 15 by Dr. Kim also. I start the liquid diet in 2 days. Kinda nervous about giving up the comfort I have lived with for so long. But, also ready to start over and start living.

you will love it i was banded in may and have lost 40lbs so far. i can now walk without getting out of breath and feel so much better. good luck , its the best thing you can do for yourself and loved ones

I am being banded on July 15 by Dr. Kim also. I start the liquid diet in 2 days. Kinda nervous about giving up the comfort I have lived with for so long. But, also ready to start over and start living.

You will find new comfort foods. I've had pizza at least once a week for the past year! I have not had pizza since June 10th when I started my pre-op diet, and I have not craved it one time! I have discovered this cottage cheese that comes in a small cup that I just love! Who would have thought that I would want a quarter cup of cottage cheese over pizza!!

I did the same thing....moaning over the things I loved to eat, but when I'm bending over and painting my own toenails for the first time in years, I don't miss it at all!

The liquid diet is scary until you get into a couple of days of it. I was very strict on myself and got through it. It didn't hurt that the Protein shake mix I bought from my doctor is delish!

You will find new comfort foods. I've had pizza at least once a week for the past year! I have not had pizza since June 10th when I started my pre-op diet, and I have not craved it one time! I have discovered this cottage cheese that comes in a small cup that I just love! Who would have thought that I would want a quarter cup of cottage cheese over pizza!!

I did the same thing....moaning over the things I loved to eat, but when I'm bending over and painting my own toenails for the first time in years, I don't miss it at all!

The liquid diet is scary until you get into a couple of days of it. I was very strict on myself and got through it. It didn't hurt that the Protein shake mix I bought from my doctor is delish!

Hi, Thanks for the encouragement. I have done much better than I thought. As long as I keep the Protein Drink going I feel better. My hardest part is that I am home with an injured arm and Dr. won't let me drive so my imagination runs wild. In a way it may be a blessing because work has tons of tempting food everyday and free food too. Actually, I love the little cottage cheese in the little red cups. I think I will do well post -op with the occasional cravings. I plan on going to the support groups to help reset my mind after all these years and learn to eat to live and not the other way around. Glad to see you are going good and strong.

Marilia

just check out your space page link. Very nice! Keep up the great job.

Hello

I live in McKinney and I'm being banded tomorrow by Nich Nicholson. I'm really getting nervous and and anxious to get it over with.

Waynette

Hello

I live in McKinney and I'm being banded tomorrow by Nich Nicholson. I'm really getting nervous and and anxious to get it over with.

Waynette

You will do just fine. It is such a quick surgery and short recovery time. It will be over in no time. Lately, I have been on a surgery band wagon and each time they give me something to relax and before I know it I am awake an ready to go home. I work at Baylor Plano and believe your doctor is there as well. ( I work the outpatient area). If you are going there you should be in good hands. They will take good care of you and you will be on your way. Save me a seat on the loser's bench. I will be there on July 15th.

Marilia

Hello

Waynette

Good luck tomorrow! Relax and enjoy the day! I'll be thinking about you!:(

Congrats Ladies,

I am scheduled to have my first fill with Dr. Felts on Monday the 14th, and will keep you in my prayers. I know you will be fine, sore but fine:thumbup:. I've just been trying to speed up my weight loss process. I had restriction for about three days and he put 5cc's in my band but I can eat just about anything. I didn't realize just how bad I ate until I wasn't able to eat any more breads or pastas. My co-workers eat candy consistenly and bring it to me. I just tell them that I don't want any and continue drinking my Protein shakes and trying to stick to small meals. I need to start planning my meals more, because going out for lunch and seeing the portion sizes makes me realize how bad I have been over the years.

But I know I can do better, I will just have to work at it.

Take care of yourself and remember it's time to want to be a loser :smile:!

Hi Lucy!

My surgery went very well. The only problem I have now is my stomach feels like it's a baloon blow up to maxium capiciaty. I've been taking Pepicid, Gas X and something else and nothing seems to help. Did you have a problem with gas and if so what did you take for it?. It's making me miserable.

I noticed that you have already lost 50 lbs, that's fantastic!! I'll hope I do as well as you have.