Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone not feel restriction yet?

Have fun on your cruise, Chris. What ship will you be on? Have you cruised before?

Be careful - I pb'd every meal for the first 3 days on my last cruise. I had to adjust eating in public with others. Table talk distracted me from eating slowly and chewing well. I had to learn to eat like a bandster and still be social. Good luck. You have been a bandster long enough now so that probably won't be an issue with you. Those darn old habits can return quickly when you don't concentrate.

Chris, I hope you have the best time on your cruise. I am so jealous. I've been trying to talk my dh into one for years....but he gave me the option when we got married, honeymoon or house downpayment. Then he gave me the choice when I wanted the band, cruise or band. Next he's going to get out of it because of the Tummy Tuck I just know it! I'll be 80 before he doesn't have a this or that and then we'll both be too old to enjoy it!

I haven't heard, or read, how's your hip doing?

Did you buy great new clothes for the cruise?

How long will you be gone? I know you leave on Sunday.

Have fun!!!!

Oh thanks for the well wishes everyone! I'm going to be on the Westerdam (Holland America) out of Seattle on Sunday for a week. We're hitting Glacier Bay, Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan and Victoria, Canada. So far it's looking like rain for the entire time with highs of about 53. (I made us scarves and hats). In Juneau we're doing the Mendenhall Glacier and salmon bake, DOG SLEDDING (on wheels not snow). IN Sitka we're driving around an island on Yamaha Rhinos (goodle that - like a golf cart with big wheels). Ketchikan - we're going on the boat used in Deadliest Catch - just not out on the big waters (CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT ONE!). My wardrobe is from Salvation Army . . . good bargains . . . classy dressy stuff - and the rest is heavy sweatshirts, ponchos and cold weather gear. Now that I've rambled forever . . . I appreciate all your thoughts! I've been on a short cruise once and loved it . . . and everyone else in the group was seasick but me . . . hope I can stay that way this time too!

Oh .. .the hip is "there" but behaving for the most part - I'm not taking a cane with me which I contemplated for awhile - so I'm just cautious of it . . .

Chris

Wow Chris that sounds like a great time.My Cruise is in late november early december. I am really pushing myself so I can fit into ONE airplain seat. And be able to do some excursions. You have to be 250 or below to do a lot of the fun ones.

Wow Chris that sounds like a great time.My Cruise is in late november early december. I am really pushing myself so I can fit into ONE airplain seat. And be able to do some excursions. You have to be 250 or below to do a lot of the fun ones.

Isn't it funny how we forget about those "little" things our weight has prevented us from doing for so long?! I can't wait to be sub 250# just to be able to feel like I have a life again--no restrictions for being too large or too heavy. I just want to live like a normal person, whatever THAT is.....I want to live unencumbered, going to normal clothing stores, and live without worrying there's enough space for me to pass by a table without putting my chest in someone's unlucky face, etc. It's the reason I've started to workout every day and haven't stopped.

I'm headed to fill #4 (maybe??) on Tuesday. I'm not sure I need a fill. Morning eating is still near impossible, but when I have lunch and dinner, I'm all set and able to eat without limits. I can now eat a burrito (in small, calculated bites) and bread....so I figure I'm due. I'm once again headed back to Aruba for Memorial Day weekend, so I scheduled my fill almost 2 weeks before I leave, just to be safe. Other than being able to eat more and feeling like you need to eat more, how do you know for sure when you need a fill???

My dr said you need a fill when your not losing 2lbs a week constant.

lol odd I think.

But basicaly it is on how you eat and how quick your hungry after.

2 pounds a week? wow..they should have given me a lot more in my band in that case!!! I've been doing about 7 pounds a month, I think....Oh, I guess that works out then. When I look at my weight, though, I lost more the first month, not much the 2nd, then more the 3rd and 4th....Still and all, this hasn't been easy. However, even if I only lose 5 pounds a month I figure that's 60 pounds in a year--halfway to what I'd like to lose. I'm ok with taking 2 years to lose it all. :biggrin:

Same boat - 3 fills, no real restriction. Actually felt like less restriction after fill #3 settled in. Lost about 5 pounds about 2 or 3 weeks about,been playing with the same 2 lbs the last 2 weeks. I'm due for another fill, going in at the end of May. Willpower is hanging on by a thread, so really hoping to get more restriction on fill #4 - at the very least the liquid/soft foods diet after will kick in a little more weight loss until the next fill. But at 5.2 cc's in a 10cc band, I'm thinking fill 4 might do the trick. Here's to hoping!

I've had some sliming in the last few weeks, but no pb'ing which is good, and I think it's from eating too fast. At least after the sliming you definately walk away from the table - who wants to eat after that pain! LOL.

Tina

I think I am the only idiot who after a pb will try to eat again. I do go a lot slower. But I know that nothing went in. So I need to get something in.

But mine dont hurt. icky but not painful

I think I am the only idiot who after a pb will try to eat again. I do go a lot slower. But I know that nothing went in. So I need to get something in.

But mine dont hurt. icky but not painful

Don't give yourself that much credit, Cerrin! You're definitely NOT alone in eating again after the PB'ing. In fact until I refocused my thoughts, I'd PB then go back to the table again to eat more.....sad, I know. Defies logic, but then again, this is all a learning experience for me. I'll get there eventually. :thumbup:

lol OK I guess I am not the only one.

I just figure Everything that was stuck is gone. I dont want to drink. because something that got to my stomach I dont want to wash away. and if I chew better I can eat again.

Seems to work.

Couldn't agree with you more Cerrin. Sounds just like my routines.

I am getting concerned though at how little I eat. I don't have room for fruits and veggies. Raw foods still giving me trouble. I love salads and after forcing them daily for a week and having trouble with reflux, I had to go back on liquids for 3 days to straighten myself out. I love tomatoes and planted lots this year. What am I going to do if I can't eat them?