Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded 9/9/03

Guest thekelbel

Guest thekelbel

I was banded on the 9th, it's been 2 days since the surgery. The gas pains are constant and I am still a bit sore from the incisions. It's been a hard week, I acutally have been second guessing whether or not I made the right decision. I'm 100 lbs overweight, have high blood pressure and am borderline diabetic. I guess I just answered my own question. Right now I'm getting my appetite back, which is hard. Every commercial is driving me nuts! Any kind words would be greatly appreciated.

How about this- I'm so jealous of your band! You're so lucky that you have made this decision to take care of yourself-even though it may not always be smooth sailing- and you have an awesome tool to help you!

I don't have one, and it looks like it's going to take a while for me to get one...so hang in there.

Don't forget that the being "under" for the surgery sometimes has side affects like fatigue, depression, and loss of focus.

Just wait until you see the scale go down one pound at a time...

Megan

Guest thekelbel

Thanks so much guys! I just can't wait for the gas pains to end! I can handle the incision pain and the not eating but can't handle the gas pains right now.

Just hang in there. I was banded on 9-3-03. I had the same thoughts and feelings..still having them, but I just keep remembering why I got banded. I am still having some gas pains in my left shoulder, but I keep getting better everyday. My incisions are way better, and I am just looking forward to being a bigtime loser! Good Luck

What exactly do you mean by gas pains? Is it pain in your stomach area? I am scheduled for banding Monday, 9/15 and am getting nervous. Thanks.

No, they are not your normal stomach gas pains.. I got my gas pains in my shoulders. Don't get nervous .. it's normal but somewhat uncomfortable and not everyone expierences this. GOOD LUCK ON MONDAY!!!!!

Guest thekelbel

actually my gas pains are in my stomach and chest, which my doctor has told me is normal. They are getting better everyday. The best thing to do is walk alot, starting the night after your surgery. I've got my appetite back which is hard since I have 2 and a half weeks left of liquids but I'll be happy when I can get on soft foods. Anyway, I'm back to work on Monday which will hopefully keep me from thinking of food. I see hope in the near future.

i was banded 8-18-03 and at 2-5 days post op i definitaly had those- why did i do this moments...they were fleeting though and it was the pain talking!!! i think the gas was the worst for me. just take some gas x it helped alot!!!

make sure you are drinking enough fluids or a sports drink!!! you want to be very careful not to get dehydrated!!

good luck!

hi thekelbel

i was banded on 4th june 03

i went in at 10.00 on the wednesday and didnt come home until the friday night, i was in a lot of pain for quite some days and the gas was bad, but its nothing compared to the thrill and excitement of watching the weight come off, and ill tell you something....i would keep that pain for the rest of my life if it ment i would lose weight,

dont worry, it wont last long and you will be so happy that you had the band, i know i am, im 3 stone down and if thats all the band helps me to lose...then i would still never regret having it done........good luck!! hope your feeling better soon,,,,its a hard road, but an exciting and worthwihile one...you`ll see!!

I was banded on 9/02 and I feel better every day. I have been walking every day since I came home and I think that helped. I think you should have your liquids even though you may not be hungry. And make sure you are sipping Water all day. You don't want to get dehydrated. Warm compress helps the gas pain and I bought a cheap massager and I use that every once in awhile. It helps get the air bubbles out of you.

Good Luck

Guest thekelbel

Alexandra,

I'm feeling a bit better. The gas is becoming managable. Right now I'm a bit low on energy. Had my first outing today, to bed bath and beyond to purchase my first scale in about 10 years. It was hard to be out and about. I hope I can handle returning to work on Monday. The good news is I lost over 10 pounds since Tuesday! I thought I should get a scale to remind me why I am doing this. I'm still really hungry for everything I can't eat but I'm committed to doing this the right way. I'm off to take a hour nap. Thanks for the concern, I'm hanging in there.

Kellie