Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fresno Area Lap Band Surgeons

:) Hi everyone. I live in the valley and am looking for a surgeon. I have done some research and there are only 4 listed on line. Dr. Higa/Boone, Dr. Juarez and Fr. Felix. I had originally went to Dr. Boone for the Roux N Y but long story short my insurance refused to pay at the last minute so I started looking for a cash alternative=lap band. Dr. Boone is a very as a matter of a fact guy. When I asked him in our consulation ($300 for 20 minutes of his time) about the lap band because I was considering it also he ignored me and said the RNY is what I needed. He made me feel stupid for asking and like I was bothering him. I was not impressed! I spoke to a lot of people who have had surgery from their offince and they all said he wasn't the best at bedside manners! They are the largest in the valley and have the most surgery but I feel like because they are so big, I have become very small. I went to Dr. Juarez on Tuesday for his seminar and loved him and his office staff. He held the seminar in the office and about ten people were there. He made us the focus, not getting through the slide show. He would stop and answer questions and even asked if someone looked puzzled what they were thinking or wondering about. Now that was very impressive. He had a good package and cost 11,000. I am going to Dr. Felix next tuesday to his seminar to check him out. He is 15,000 and I do not know what the package includes yet. If anyone is doing or has done the same please let me know. I am trying to decide on a surgeon and all imput is appreciated!:tongue: Thanks.

My friend has bypass surgery with Dr. Felix last June and had nothing but good things to say about him. I had an appointment to see him in February by my stepdad passed away so I cancelled. In the meantime I found a doctor closer to home and have decided to go with him. If for some reason my doctor can't do my surgery I will be seeing Dr. Felix. I've also heard others in the area speak highly of him.

Hi,

I just read your post. I am going through ALSA in Fresno. I saw Dr. Boone, and he was just as you said. I changed my mind and decided to go Lap Band. I couldn't feel the RYN was for me. I'm seeing Dr Higa and will have my surgery May 6th. I heard from my GP (new just started with) that Dr. Felix was supposed to be very good.

Changing your mind is not to popular with ALSA. Dr. Higa is more personal and approachable than Dr. Boone. However, friends have had Dr. Boone and have really liked him and trust him. To me having nice, caring and understanding office staff is so important. I just want my Dr to be good at what he does. I need the staff to understand where I may be coming from and be nice to me. Good Luck and if you've had your surgery or going to have it I Wish You the Best.

Edited by dicev
not suppose to be there

Christy,

I have decided to go to San Francisco. Dr. Jossart will be doing my surgery May 21st. Dr Felix is wonderful though. You will love him and his staff when you meet them. I feel because he is still new that he and his staff will be excellent in their care and follow up! Good luck in your search.

:leaving: