Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jenna's powerball winnings!

Jenna's DH didn't actually win the powerball, it was an April Fools joke we all fell for!

Okay, Jenna's DH just won $50,000. And it got me thinking, how would I use that money?

Okay, here are the rules:

1) Because it is my natural inclination to save (my hording instinct extends to money too), no putting it in any sort of saving account, no investing it in stock, bond, money market account, nothing like this.

2) If you are not banded, no using the money for your band, too easy

3) No using it for college tutition. Trust me, as a full time university student who has dreams of a master's degree, and as someone who has a son entering college next fall... well you get the picture....

4) no using the money on bills

I would spend the money to take my sisters on a vacation. My one sister has never gone on a vacation. I'd take her somewhere fun, and slightly exotic. Since my DH is a born concierge, I'd have him plan the trip, then take out half the activities...

I can't use it for bills? Shoot.

Can I use it for home improvement? I'd like to invest in landscaping services. My 1-acre backyard is FULL of unrealized potential.

Otherwise, travel travel travel!! We don't have any underprivileged relatives, so we'd enjoy the heck out of the trip(s) ourselves.

I would take my son's on a long needed vacation - Egypt is the place for us my Son is so facinated by the Pyramids right now. Nothing like seeing them in person. Oh of course Hubby can tag along.

Or he can stay and add on to the house - Bigger kitchen - master Bedroom with full bath and new garage.

New Clothes for all of us

Travel, Travel

Alsaska to see th Arora ??

Italy - to taste the cheese

Russia - the Churches

I could go on

OH I think first I would have to plan my funeral because I would die of a heart attack!!

Where to start? lets see, first I would handicap my home, Then buy a RV and a driver and see the country. OK I think I already overspent. :) Thats my life..

My whole family loves anything Disney. I would get a Disney Vacation Club package for my family. And then I would put the rest of the money in savings and take from it as needed. I lived a very hard childhood and am really happy with the basics being met now. I love my husband and daughter with everything I have in me, it is really fulfilling to just be with my family. ~Mandy

I'd make a big down payment on a house for my brother. Poor guy works his ash off and his wife spends it before he gets home with the check and he doesn't have a pot to p in or a window to throw it out of. Of course, I couldn't let my DH know, he'd be off on a trip to Alaska.

I keep telling him, if he wins the lottery it's our money, if I win, it's my money :).

Put a down payment on some property in Jamaica.

Buy my son a car

Take my mom on a much needed trip

Buy my grandson his first car

Go to Ireland, Scotland, Italy, for a couple of months total.

It just doesn't go too far HUH?

Ok since I HAVE to spend the rest, I guess I could use a brand new 2005 Ford Mustang. I do love that car!!!~Mandy

Even though Jenna didn't really win $50,000, it's fun to think of what we might spend it on.

I'd would:

*buy my son a new car or pickup for his college graduation in June.

*buy new living room furniture.

*Take my mom on a great trip (although air fare would be cheap as my sister is an airline attendant!)

*Have a landscaper come in a totally fix up my huge yard with an underground sprinkling system, pergola over my deck and beautiful full flowerbeds.

Ooops....ran out of money!

Aw, man, we have 50 grand, right? I'd spend 30 grand on house decorating...new furniture, new lighting, fresh paint in pretty colors, pictures on the walls, all the little details taken care of in my home, cabinetry in the living room (bookshelves, a place for the TV electronics) and hardwood in the Living Room (currently have carpet, loved it with the kiddies little, now it's time to upgrade.) And I'd totally remodel the bonus room into a guest room/playroom. Right now poor Paula would hyperventilate if she saw the toys strewn from one end of the room to the other...no organization, no plan, it's awful. I can do this within the budget because DH is a licensed general contractor/home remodeler/carpenter/plumber/electrician/landscaper/painter/handyman type fella. He framed and built our entire house except for the work that required a licensed sub-contractor (electrical/plumbing/heat&air) and the brickwork. I can shop at Target & Walmart (with no shame) and as long as I give him his "paycheck" for 6 weeks, he'll have it all done within budget.

That's 20 grand left...Family vacation to Disney World, I'd pay off my sisters credit card, I'd pay my dad's bills for the next 3 years, that would about spend it.

AH, it's so nice to dream!

I would take all of my lap band friends on a fantastic cruise!!!!! Then I would invest the rest of it in stocks and commodoties.

Oh, and I would buy myself a new vibrator. Mine is getting tired. :)

Remember, no saving of ANY type, no paying off bills of any type!

This is great! I think Poeple don't dream enough! If you can't dream it, you cannot achieve it.

I'd buy a new engagement ring. I'm married 26 years and when we were starting out my husband lost his job and I sold my engagement ring. I feel guilty wanting a new one...but if I won lotto.....a new ring on my somewhat skinny finger. And a new car with whatever was left.