Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What food gets stuck the most?

i'm not sure everyday for 2 weeks something got stuck, no particular what or time, Breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack. what is stuck for you all and what do you do?

things that got stuck and then later didn't: refried Beans, instant mash potatoes, egg beaters, hamburger and some other stuff.

i have not had an episode for 3 days now. took all your advise and am staying on liquids and mushy food. :scared2: except i have had wheat thins and they have never given me a problem. I'm not going to try anything till Saturday I think.

i have never tried bread, french fries, rice or Pasta. :blushing: I'm afraid.

everyday i have oatmeal and never ever a problem with that.

i just want to heal so i can go get a second fill in a few weeks and then maybe again. I don't get any full feeling yet.

it sounds like everyone is different, isn't that kind of strange? I heard that before but it does seem strange to me. :confused2:

I kinda wish I had a problem with french fries! They still go down easily...granted now I chew them and take bites instead of shoving a handfull in at once!

I kinda wish I had a problem with french fries! They still go down easily...granted now I chew them and take bites instead of shoving a handfull in at once!

Oh so true! So many things that I truly loved to snack on I have no problems eating - as longs as I chew them up really good. It does help with the full feeling faster, but still... :tt2:

I have trouble with beef and breads. ANY kind of bread. It just wont go down. The first problem with beef I ever had was when I made a roast in the crock pot. OMG it was so tender and good, but it just wouldn't go down. HELLO SLIMING....gross. And for JoyAddison...please be careful eating that much food. You could cause your band to slip or tear your sutures or have a prolapsed pouch. Use your band as a tool and listen to your stomach, not your head. Stop eating when you feel full. You should be able to eat 1/2 to 1 cup of food comfortably. Head hunger makes you want to eat even when your not really hungry. Also, be sure you DO NOT drink when you eat. It washes your food through the pouch and your hungry again. Good Luck.

Thank you for the words of caution. I think I scared myself straight- I have not eaten like that since, and have lost a pound or so as well. I have to wonder if I just don't have the right restriction yet...it didn't even seem as if I was that full, I mean, It sure wasn't like a Thanksgiving Day meal, like it should have felt like if my pouch was holding the food....I have a feeling it went straight through??

I definitely don't drink when I eat, though.

I go in tomorrow for another fill, I will talk to the Dr. to see if he thinks I did any damage.

Just writing down what I did made it seem so much better-maybe confession is good for the soul!! I have no desire to eat that much again!!

Thanks again, everyone who commented-it means a lot that you care!!

For me it's anything carbs: bread, rice, crackers, potato. Of all things tonight chicken. I have to be so careful. The biggest issue is how fast I eat. I can't let myself get hungry. If I take more than 1 bit, any don't chew it up to nothing, it's coming back up. It hurts too!!

My terror foods seem to be dry chicken and mashed potatoes! I can eat fries and potatoe salad but not mashed..now that seems odd and it baffles my hubby!:ohmy: Dry chicken kills me everytime and then the next day I'm on mushies to get over the pain! I have only had 2 fills and the second fill I requested because I was up front with my doc and told him I was cheating by eating chips and salsa, not every day but when I had a hunger pang!:wink2: So he tightened me up just .6 cc and now my food choices are really showing their true colors! That includes bananas. It took me over an hour to eat a banana at work one day!!:ohmy: I have to be careful with mostly dry meats, it doesn't matter what they are they have got to be moist and I have to remind myself continually to chew, chew, chew!:blush: So much so that my partner is always saying it when he sees me take a bite of food!:blushing: I don't have a problem with salads or much of anything else but when I do I know right away where we are headed~:lol:~you all know as well!:sad: LOL!

Yaaawza!!:eek:I know that feeling all to well. When I am starving or distracted while eating and someone asks me a question with my mouth full sometimes I swallow so I can answer and i forget to chew and then Kaboom. Pressure and I am Pbing and remember why to chew chew chew.

Things that have stuck:

1. Hot Dog / Bratwurst (what was I doing eating those in the first place?)

2. Canned spinach - made a stringy spinach ball that came right back up.

3. meat (pork, chicken, steak) - although if it isn't too dry and I chew well, I have better luck.

4. Apple - I think it was the skin

Things I thought might get stuck, but haven't

1. Pasta, rice, mashed potatoes - although to be fair, I only eat these things rarely and in small portions due to the carb factor.

2. Lettuce - yay for salads!

It's interesting that we're all in the same stage of being pretty restricted and having to learn what works and doesn't for each of us individually!