Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 25th bandsters - check in

Hello all who were banded on March 25th...just thought we could check in...

My scale mysteriously appears in my bathroom every Tuesday morning...(husband hides it the rest of the week). I am down 9 lbs since surgery. I am disappointed and thrilled at the same time. How is this possible?? Disappointed- I thought it would be more--I have been on regular food for a week now...my dr advances us quickly. I am just eating so little. Thrilled because 9 lbs in 3 weeks is really good..

I am feeling tired this week...maybe I over did it this weekend or maybe the flu bug is around the corner?? who knows??

How are you feeling??? how is your weight loss??

Michelle

Hey Michelle!

I was down 8 pounds at 2 weeks. I haven't weighed myself since. (I plan to tomorrow).

Good - I have lost some weight. I am eating much better. I am starting to exercise a little. I have only a few aches from time to time. My first fill is 5/7.

Bad- I am suppose to still be on liquids. (mostly I am, but I eat some pureed and soft stuff) My appetite is coming back. I am terrified to eat much more than the liquids because I don't want to gain any weight.

Actually, I feel pretty good. I only get an occasional pulling on my left side. I am pretty much back to my regular routine, except I still won't lift anything over 10 pounds. (I had a hernia repair and the last thing I want is another one!) The weight isn't coming off like it seems to on others, but I guess even if I loose 10 pounds a month, that is 120 pounds in one year!

Hi, my name is Denise. I live in CT and was banded on 3/25. I thought for sure I would feel normal by now but I still have pain at my port site. Sometimes a lot! My scale also stopped moving. I would really love to see it move again. I have my first fill on 5/1 and I am excited about that. This is great having others that were banded on the same day.

Dee

Hi Denise!

Welcome to the club! I know that there are quite a few of us banded on the same date. Some of them hang out in the post-op forum.

I still have some pain at the port site and right next to it. How wonderul that you are getting your first fill on 5-1! My fill date is 5-7 and I can't wait. I am trying not to know that I really have little restriction right now! I am still on liquids, but have added a few mushies. I am really trying to avoid regular solid food right now!

WELCOME!

Hi! My name is Brenda and I was banded on March 25th also. I have lost 20.5 lbs since surgery and I have started eating food. I haven't had any problems with anything that I have eaten so far. My first fill date is next Wednesday, April 23rd. I have been on real food for a week now, and I haven't lost anymore weight. Don't understand why, because I'm only eating my 1/2 of food. Oh, well, I know it will eventually come off. Look forward to chating with you all.

I Was Also Banded On March 25, 2008. I Lost 22.5lbs. My scale Has Slowed Down, I Lost .5lbs Since 4/10 To 4/16. I Started Working Out And I Lost 3 Lbs In Two Days. I Get My First Fill On 05/01/2008. I Guess Until You Get A Fill, Working Out With Have To Take The Place Of The Hunger Pains. Stay Strong My Friends.

Hi. I'm Erika. I was also banded on March 25. I did have to go back in for another surgery 1 week later because my band was too tight, so in some ways I am a week behind you guys, but I am really starting to feel better. I do still have some pain around my port site. I have also lost about 20 pounds. My appetite is starting to come back, but I have been afraid to advance my diet too much. I guess I am scared of making myself sick, but I am building my courage to try new things. I am scheduled for a fill on April 28, but I am not sure I will be quite ready at that point for a fill. i'm taking one day at a time. I like having a thread like this---we are all in the same boat!

Hi everyone!

I'm glad for this thread as well. I move onto mushies on Tuesday. I sort have some mushies anyway. Yesterday I was away for a funeral. I thought I had planned well, but...... We all went to a chinese all-you-can eat place after the funeral. I avoided these places pre-surgery. I really didn't eat much, but my goodness was there a ton of food. I ended up eating some chicken from the chicken and broccoli entree. Actually, I was full pretty quick. I'm not sure if I just shrank my stomach or if I do have some restriction. When I eat mushies it seems I can eat more.

I am starting to exercise as well. I think it helps. I feel gyped about the weight loss considering how low my calorie intake is and compared to what I used to eat....... I should be dropping more weight. Ah, well, I guess it just takes time.

Hi Everyone!:smile:Another March 25th bandster here! I have lost 17.7 lbs to date, and am supposed to start solids tomorrow after two weeks on liquids and two weeks on mushies! My stomach growls a LOT now and I've definitely been eating more mushies than I'm supposed to...very very nervous about starting solids though and not sure what to eat - any suggestions?

My first fill is set for April 30 and nervous about that too!!

Looking forward to chatting with all of you!

Hi Everyone!:smile:Another March 25th bandster here! I have lost 17.7 lbs to date, and am supposed to start solids tomorrow after two weeks on liquids and two weeks on mushies! My stomach growls a LOT now and I've definitely been eating more mushies than I'm supposed to...very very nervous about starting solids though and not sure what to eat - any suggestions?

My first fill is set for April 30 and nervous about that too!!

Looking forward to chatting with all of you!

I haven't had an trouble on any solid foods. Unfortunately, I can eat a larger portion then I am supposed to. Tonight I had a large stuffed pepper and some smashed cauliflower. I was hungry again on the way home from work and had cheese. As nervous as I am to get the fill I am looking forward to being full and to start losing weight again. I haven't lost any in a week and a half!

Dee

Hello Fellow March Bandsters!

I was banded March 25 as well. I have lost a total of 40 pounds, 15 since surgery. I seem to be at a standstill as well. Looking forward to my fill on April 30. I am a little cautious in the morning as seem to be tighter but by evening I can eat a horse or want to anyway. I am so glad to meet others at the same stage as I am!! Julie

I had my first fill on Wed. I've lost 3 lbs since then! I'm getting fill alot faster and staying full longer.:biggrin2:

:lol::unsure::biggrin2::thumbup::tt2::sad::thumbup:

Happy one month bandiversary everyone!

As of Tuesday I had lost 10 pounds post op and almost 15 pounds pre-op.

No fill yet. I have my first on 5/7. I'm still on mushies, which is good. I have a little restriction, I think. I can't really eat much more than 1/2 of mushie food. I can drink all the liquids I want. I don't know if my stomach shrunk since I was just pouring liquids down or if I have real restriction. I still have another week of mushies!

I find it hard to believe it has only been a month. My life has changed so much!

I don't care that I am loosing weight slowly. I figure at this pace, I'll loose 100 pounds in one year. To me, that is astonishing! I have never lost that much weight in one year.

Anyway, yeah us! :lol: