Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need advice/input...how do you cope?

Lately I've been fighting terrible head hunger/munchies. I can't figure out why and why now....other than I've been extra stressed lately but you would think it would be the opposite.

I've really just been wanting to snack!!! I thought I was past that but apparently not. Does it ever end? I'm told NO Snacks ever! So its just the three meals for me and a Diet Cocoa or 2 (25 cals). But I also find I have bites of something I really shouldn't be having at meal time. Its just a couple but I feel I'm loosing control and my bad habits maybe sneaking in.

Would love any advice on how I can get past this mind game!!!!!! ^_^

Thanks!

I don't deprive myself of anything. I work it into my calories for the day. The reason I failed in the past was that I deprived myself and couldn't take it. With the band I can have the food I like but much less of it. That works for me. I even have Cookies and chips occasionally but I stick to a single portion so I can count the calories. I am satisified with that now. Sometimes it means I only get 200 calories for dinnier but that is easy now because a 3 oz piece of fish and some veggies is all I need. Somedays I need a snack and some days I don't. My doc doesn't want me to snack but they said if I am really hungry I should eat something small. I believe if we get to hungry we are more likey to blow it at meal time.

Good luck!

:smile2:I think this just takes practice. Learning how to eat the right way. I don't have the problem with the snacking but I know that I am eating more then the 1 1/2 cups of food at meal times. I am just taking it day by day and trying really hard not to beat myselft up. Try to distract your self with a hobby or something so it will keep your mind off eating Snacks. Wow, if you took a walk everytime you wanted to snack wouldn't that be great! Drink a lot of Water and if you do need to snack eat healthy snacks and stay away from chips/cookies and such. Best of luck to you and your weightloss journey!!

Head hunger is our worst enemy! Sometimes I think I'm just bored or it's that time of day (during the evening) and it's tough trying to stave it off with a large cup of hot tea.

As Jill said, if I eat, say some Wheat Thins, I'll check the box to see what a normal serving is comprised of and then I'll only eat that many--no more! That way, I know just how many calories I've just consumed too.

Azchick, you probably haven't had a fill yet, but the amount of food I can eat (and even since surgery) is 1/2 to 3/4 cup for each meal. In fact, at Breakfast I'm tight and can only eat 1/8 to 1/4 cup. After your fill, you should be more in the 1/2 - 1 cup range.

Good luck Ebonie--we all face these demons every day! ^_^

Thanks everyone, you'd think by now that I would be able to handle it but its been bad these last few days but mostly evenings

I feel like if I was to take a bite of something I'd want to gorge myself on it.

Even though I'm not hungry after I eat, I don't feel satisfied, does that make sense? Its got to be a head game..............grrrrrrr

Ebonie,

Try going to the store and purchasing you a couple of the 100 calorie Snacks and limit yourself to one a day or just when you have a craving, I wouldn't exceed two packs in a day though. You can also try yogurt as that is a snack or make a homemade low cal smoothie. No sugar added popsicles are good to. Try the slim-a-bear and the weight watchers. My Doctor said I can have snacks that a sugar free and don't contain more than 100 calories, but not to exceed 2 in a day.

I tend to snack when I have nothing else to do. Try getting a hobby or clean the house and yard. I try to watch TV after I eat. I notice If I watch TV between meals I snack more. 1 small bag of cheetos will last me a couple of days. I get really sick when I drink soda now. It gives me a bad rash on my face as well. I guess I have devoloped an alergic reaction to the sweeteners. I can drink stuff with real sugar but not that corn Syrup crap. I will treat myself to a Mexico soda (real sugar) somtimes.

I find that I do much better if I snack twice a day. In fact, the obesity clinic where I get my fills even recommends it. I just try and choose a healthy snack. I usually have a snack 3 hours after Breakfast and about 3 hours after lunch. I'll eat tuna, low-fat yogurt, dry roasted endamame, turkey, low-fat cheese, occassionally a Kashi bar, ect. Something with some Protein in it. I think it helps with my head hunger if I plan it into my day also.

Protien is good, have meat every meal usually. I think what has happened is I'm not eating till I'm truly satisfied. Been trying that and am doing better. I am eating a little over a cup so I think I will get another fill this week.

Thanks guys!