Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Congrats to all the new banders!!! I am so happy to hear that you have all come through with flying colors! High five and best wishes to you all on the beginning of your new lives. Becky

Thanks Becky!

Hello band week friends! I have done well today...much better than yesterday so it should be even better on Saturday. I actually get to try some food tomarrow! Kinda scared about that...I think it is funny that I don't have more restrictions on the type of food. They are not even calling it mushy stage!

I am going to start with like applesauce and yogurt....maybe I'll make a smoothie?

I was so used to Protein shakes that that is what I want! We shall see.

Hope you all are resting comfortably!

Thanks also Becky!!! Last night I had some creamy chicken Soup my mom strained all the little chicken cubes out and gave them to my dogs lol, but it was sooooo tasty!!!! I only ate about half of a small Cereal bowls worth, but I wasn't really full after. Today I can start having cream of wheat, oatmeal, and cream of rice, plus everything I could have before (yogurt, popsicles, pudding, Jello, etc...) I can't wait to be healed and start loosing some weight!! Right now I'm just trying to concentrate on being comfortable and healing my body. :(

Good luck with the new foods amsderb!!!!!!

Isn't it amazing how great everything tastes. I am really loving my cottage cheese. It is high in Protein and you can mix it in to many things for different flavors. This week ,now that I am all healed I am planning to bump up my exercise. The weather is very nice right now so I am going to start riding my bike to the stores and hopefully to work. I will need to get a basket so I can carry my groceries. With the gas prices the way they are, it is even more incentive to ride my bike. I do have a Prius which gets 50 mpg but the bike is even better plus I can get my exercise out of the way. When the weather heats up a little more I am going to start doing Water aerobics. I love that exercise because it doesn't feel like exercise, more like play. Have a great weekend and keep up the good work May banders! Becky

Good idea Becky! It is too hot to ride now but later.

I plan on doing Water arobics too...have to wait until all the scabs fall off first!

Hey Allison, how did the family pictures go?

I am so tiered and sore. I am having such a hard time getting out of bed. I need my husband to help me out and into bed. It feels like the stitches are being pulled out when I try myself. I did walk outside for about 15 min. I just need to take it one day at a time.

199 pounds

banded May 29th

May 31-192 pounds

Edited by lucy12

So sorry to hear that you are in such misery.. :confused2:.it really does depend on the individual. I promise it will get better each day as I am seeing. To get out of bed I put a strudy chair by the side and I swing mylegs over the edge...blant my feet and grab the ladder back of the chair to hoist myself up.:biggrin:

I learned that after my hysterectomy last year. :lol:

When you get off the toilet put your hands on your thighs and push forward then lift up..:laugh:.It really helps....Good Luck to you!

Wow your starting weight is like a major goal for me! You are lucky!

I am so tiered and soar. I am having such a hard time getting out of bed. I need my husband to help me out and into bed. It feels like the stitches are being pulled out when I try myself. I did walk outside for about 15 min. I just need to take it one day at a time.

199 pounds

banded May 29th

May 31-192 pounds

You know it's funny that u mentioned the hard getting out of bed thing... I have a waterbed... yeah i know old school...lol.. but I sleep soooo good... but any hoo... i have to roll out of bed...lol.. it was kind of hard, but i managed... and every time my son got in the bed with me and would move the waves would make me so sick... but it does get better....:laugh:

Yeah, I remember how hard it was at first to get out of bed. I would roll onto my side and then push up using my arms then swing my legs to the floor. Once I was up I was fine. I am now able to sleep on my tummy and side instead of my back. I use lots of pillows to support my back and one between my legs. It does get easier each day until it is just a memory. Becky

Lucy, are you felling any better? I sure hope so! I am doing well, just have to not twist or bend or move with out thinking then I feel a deep burning feeling at my port!

Take care - Shelley

7_5_142.gifHello all of you May bandsters. I am also a May bandster 13th to be exact. Ya'll have done great on the weight loss. I seem to be salling just a little as far as the scales goes.(weigh 2 times a week) but what made me feel so good was today after I got my shower and got dressed I noticed my panties felt a little loose but thought naw...Went to grocerie store and had to keep pulling them up! LOVED IT!!:lol: Came home and opened a pack that I bought pre surgery.! So don't forget sometimes the scales may stay the same but your body tells you different things! Have a wonderful LB journey!:P

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZRxdm609NVUS

Good for You! I can't wait untill my Mama Joe's fall off too!

Yeah, I can't wait till I can throw all my old granny panties away and get some sexy ones from Victoria's Secret!! Ha Ha....Not!! But at least some cute hip hugger panties. I haven't had any weight loss for a couple of weeks but my clothes are getting loose too. I am bagging up some to take to the next suport group. They have a clothes exchange. Becky

I am so tiered and sore. I am having such a hard time getting out of bed. I need my husband to help me out and into bed. It feels like the stitches are being pulled out when I try myself. I did walk outside for about 15 min. I just need to take it one day at a time.

199 pounds

banded May 29th

May 31-192 pounds

Hey there!!! I hope your feeling better now!!! I felt awful until late last night when I finally went and hung out with my friend for the first time since surgery. Keep in touch!

HAhahahaa tossing out the Granny panties! I love it! Can't wait to go into Victorias Secrect and get some sexy ones. Why NOT??? I was banded on May 22nd and tomorrow I get my Staples removed. They are itching. So far so good. Hey ladies the soreness goes away and you will start feeling better everyday. REALLY! Just hang in there.!!! oh yeah major mile stone I want to get to,, Being able to take a bath in a regular size tub without my hips touching both sides.....