Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

An Open Letter to my Bathroom Scale-

Tara,

You're much too good for that scale. You need to dump him and make room for someone much better....maybe that cute tape measure over there. ;p

Update on the scale- I haven't weighed myself since I wrote that originally. I guess I will see at the Dr.'s office.

But I keep reminding myself that the scale doesn't matter. My health does. So I am going to focus on NSV. They have just slowed down. But I will go in for my first fill FINALLY on the 17th.

Oh and Gibson- Its still dead. I ripped its batteries out.

Edited by ReadySteadyGo
add a note to Gibson

RSG, I think I might need to kill my scale, too. But he's been so good to me lately it's almost easy to forget the bad times! I am definitely obsessed with weighing, though. I've had a couple of days lately where I woke up feeling thinner but the scale didn't reflect my mental state. It really ticked me off!

I admire the heck out of you for staying off your scale.

But I will go in for my first fill FINALLY on the 17th.

I have my first one tomorrow, too! Meet you back here tomorrow night to compare notes? :biggrin2:

sure. Mine is at 2 this afternoon. Counting down

Mine's at 2:30! Hope they'll still do the fill. Still having this muscle spasm or whatever in my side.

Ive been worrying too because of those twinges or slight pressure I have been feeling. I think we are worrying for nothing.

One more hour for you and ONe and a half for you....yowzers.

I am nervous. Are you? I am super excited also.

I just haven't lost weight in almost two weeks.:thumbup::smile:

Well, I got a fill! It's about time! It wasn't bad. It hurt like hell when he was pushing on that spasming muscle, but the fill itself was a breeze. He used numbing medicine. He did that weird thing where he pulls out the Fluid that's in there and then puts it back in with more Fluid. I guess they check to see how much is still there? Anyway, he said I was doing well and was right on track. I was told I'd get 1cc today, but he gave me 2! So I'm up to 4ccs in my 10cc band.

You were right, I was worrying for nothing.

How was yours??

It wasn't bad. I had some Fluid around my port but they said that it was fine.

It DID hurt when he was pushing my stomach. ouch. And the numbing shot felt weird afterwards.

My port has moved a little with my weight loss to right under my scar so he had a little trouble with that. I have 2cc in a 14cc band.

Nothing to worry about. I am glad we did it on the same day. I thought of you when I got my fill.

I was super nervous though. The Dr told me to calm down that everything was fine. I am a worrier.

Yay for us and our first fills! :D

It wasn't bad. I had some Fluid around my port but they said that it was fine.

It DID hurt when he was pushing my stomach. ouch. And the numbing shot felt weird afterwards.

My port has moved a little with my weight loss to right under my scar so he had a little trouble with that. I have 2cc in a 14cc band.

Nothing to worry about. I am glad we did it on the same day. I thought of you when I got my fill.

I was super nervous though. The Dr told me to calm down that everything was fine. I am a worrier.

Yay for us and our first fills! :)

Yay! I thought about you, too! I'm glad it's over and I'll be glad when I can eat some real food again!