Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 1st Avengers Check In

This fill I can definately tell a difference. I'm being really careful and not testing it too much...no bread or fruit yet. I am not hungry all the time anymore and have to remind myself to eat. I can't drink down a 20 oz Water in a few gulps anymore either.

Breakfast this morning at 7am just a CIB because I really wasn't hungry. I took about 30 minutes to get it down slowly. lunch at noon shredded chicken and black Beans heated up with a little cheese to make a great tex-mex chicken salad. I'm sure this won't be my last fill, but I hope it works long enough for me to get off my weight loss plateau!

I have 90 days of free fills after surgery to get to my sweet spot. My doctor's office is only 30 minutes away and they do fills every Monday and Tuesday. The NP that does the fills says she wants to get me to my sweet spot before the 90 days are up, then hopefully just a few maintenance fills later as I loose a lot of weight.

Hi Mamakatken,

I'm glad to hear your weight loss is progressing again. I had my first fill on May 5. It was a little tough at first because I did not realize I'd be back on liquids and mushies for a week. I had business travel scheduled for the next day and was on the road all week. The only time I have problems eating a particular thing is when I'm not paying attention and don't take the time to thoroughly chew whatever I'm eating. I finally had a PB/sliming experience 2 days after my first fill when I ate a roasted chicken leg too fast. It really scared me and it hurt! I don't think I'll let that happen agian....My weight loss has been slow but I knew that would probably be the case. I'm not getting any excercise and I'm drinking alcohol in moderation. I've got to start getting in some walking.

I think I may go in for a second fill next week - I'm still eating more than a cup and a half too often. I'm going to Italy on June 1 and I'd like to be settled with my next fill before then.

Thanks for sharing your progress on this board - it really helps discussing this with people on the same surgery/fill schedule.

Cheers!

Italy sound wonderful! Business or pleasure?

I think you will definately notice a difference after your second fill. I've adjusted to mine really well and am staying comfortably full. No more PB's as I learned my lesson well.

What type of work do you do? I see a lot of travel in your posts.

Hello to all of my April 1st bandsters. I know it has been a while since I have posted. I need to make it a habit to come in here every day like I did before my surgery. I have hit a plateau also but I know my food choices have not been so great. I have had one fill about two weeks ago. I was told that there were 3cc's added on my surgery date. My first fill was 2cc's. I know I am not eating as much as I used to but I can eat a whole junior burger without skipping a beat. I am kinda getting back to my old eating habits and not stopping to chew and still...no problems at all getting my food down. I am scheduled for my second fill next week. I also have an appointment with a personal trainer on Saturday. I am hoping my next fill will give me better restriction. I realize the band is only a tool and I have to do my part but gosh, where is my restriction? On a brighter note, I feel so much better with the weight I have already lost. I have lots more energy and it can only keep getting better as I make better food choices and continue to exercise. I can walk lots longer than before. I went on my first bike ride last Saturday and rode 18 miles. Woo Hoo. Then I put in 11 miles the next day. I need to get an extension to lift my handlebars so that I can be more comfortable on the bike. My goal is to ride in the Bike to Beach in October which is an organized ride to raise funds for MS. It is a two day bike ride and covers over 150 miles. So here is my other question. Why am I able to endure the hills and heat on a bike ride but have such a hard time turning down a cheeseburger? Ugggh!! I guess we all have our strenghs and weaknesses in this process and making healthier food choices is going to be the hardest part for me.

I hope all of you are doing well and having much success. :thumbup:

Sounds like you are doing great Ali!!! WTG on the exercise!!!

I too have my 2nd fill next week...I didn't have any fill w/my surgery

and then had between 3-4 ccs w/my first fill...I feel NO form of restriction....I am eating less than I used to, but I feel that old habits are slowly creeping back...I am hoping and praying that my 2nd fill will do something!! I am ready!!!

How is everyone else???

Hi Erika,

It's good to hear from you. I went to my first visit with a personal trainer today and all I can say is "Ow". She wrote up an exercise plan for me which includes upper body & lower body weight training 3 days a week. Did I mention "ouch"?? LOL I just woke up some muscles in my body that have been snoozing for years. I did some abdominal exercises and now I am very sore at my port site. I must admit, it also felt good getting back to the gym. I go to Weight Wise in San Antonio and their gym is designed specifically for bariatric patients. The machines are larger and more durable. It is comfortable as you are working out with other's who have had some type of weight loss surgery. I am also planning to workout with walking/lite jogging 4 to 5 times a week. (or cycling if it's not too hot which it has been so far)!!

As far as my eating habits, I am still struggling. After all of the working out I went to Taco Bell and had a bean burrito. A friend of mine pointed out to me that before the band, I would have had 2 bean burritos and a tostada and a large soda and you know what? I would have. So I am just happy that I can't eat as much as I used to.

Let me know how things are after your next fill Erika. I will also keep you posted. We have been banded for 2 months now so we can't expect perfection overnight, huh? We will get there!! :laugh:

Hey Ali...A personal trainer!! That gym sounds great..I wish they had one like that in my neck of the woods..I do belong to a women only gym. But, I am too embarrassed to go!! I went quite a bit last year

and then regained all that I lost (another WW attempt). I know the owner and most of the employees and am embarrassed about my failure..I need to get over it and go back..I am still paying!!

Even though I don't really have any restriction at this point. I am eating less for sure. I am grateful that I haven't reagained any of the 18lbs I lost while on the liquid phase...But, I haven't loss any more in over a month either...

My next fill is this Wed...I know people can need even 3+ fills to hit their "sweet spot." I am still hoping that I will feel something this time!!

WTG on just one bean burrito!! That is a HUGE NSV!!!!

Skinny hugs to you!!

Erika

P.S. Where are the rest of the April's Fools Avengers???

Hey gals! I'm having my 3rd fill this afternoon. My last fill worked good for 2 weeks, then I could tell that it was taking more to fill me up each time. Ali, I love Taco Bell too! and I am proud that I can only eat one bean burrito. That's what I tell people who ask me about what I eat. I tell them anything I want just in smaller portions.

It feels really good to eat like a "normal" person and not have to eat like I'm always on a diet. I feel like food isn't such an obsession because I don't deprive myself of anything...therefore the sweets and good stuff aren't such temptations anymore (if that makes sense!)

Nortone, I joined Snap 24 fitness and love it. I go early in the mornings when all the other mom type gals are there. I tried the afternoons a few times, but that's when the younger more fit crowd goes and I too feel a little self conscious. It really helps me when I see how much better I'm doing week to week with my stamina and we all love to challenge each other to do "5 more minutes".

Sounds like we're all doing great and working steadily towards goal!!! Keep up the great work gals!!

My second fill is tomorrow!!!! Here's to restriction!!!:lol:

Erika

Italy sound wonderful! Business or pleasure?

I think you will definately notice a difference after your second fill. I've adjusted to mine really well and am staying comfortably full. No more PB's as I learned my lesson well.

What type of work do you do? I see a lot of travel in your posts.

Well, sorry for this much delayed response - I never did go in for my second fill before my trip to Italy. I got back on June 10 and I'm affraid to get on the scales! I did lots of walking during the trip but I certainly ate more than I should have. I've been trying to scale back the eating to something more normal this week, but I had a hormonal ice cream craving on Thursday that resulted in a pint of Blue Bell Carmel Turtle Fudge going down in one sitting. I'll probably step on the scales tomorrow to see what the damage adds up to and face the music. I really need to schedule my next fill, but I'm back on the road Monday - Friday for the next two weeks!

I'm in the wine business and work for an importer. I manage our business through our distribution network in five states. I'm usually travelling 3 days out of the week, but lately I've been gone more than that. Italy was definitly pleasure - a long planned vacation with friends.

Cheers!