Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

wow i ate two pieces of pizza and it didnt bother me

The problem I see w/a >500 calorie a day diet is that it is just not sustainable long term, especially if you are working out regularly. I too did not have a pre-op diet and 100% of my weightloss took place "after" band placement. This is a first reading such low calories - the average I've read has been around the 800 cal per day.

I believe that one has to take will power to task - just because you can eat 3 slices of pizza, doesnt' mean you should....and I LOVE pizza .., it was my breakfast/lunch/dinner MANY days...but ya have to learn some discipline if you want this to work.

For example - I am at my sweet spot, and I take in approx 1000 calories a day...some days more/ some less - but this is the average. I am also working w/a trainer 2 days a wk and at the gym 3/4 days additionally. I burn between 325-425 calories while working out. If I only took in 500 calories - well yeah your now on your way into starvation mode; and your body just shuts down. My trainer wkly is on my A$$ to get more calories in - so I add a shake "sometimes" ...& have added more carbs.

I've said in another thread I shock my body wkly by changing up my Protein & workout program - so not to get in a rut. I had a habit of eating the same thing, and jogging to the same songs - and I didn't see the scale move much. The changing of things up - got the body to behave differently.

to mia31771-HERE HERE--are you ever right!!! To WESTCOASTFATGUY--your advice is very sound--Sweet Pea2 you are on the fast track to loosing all your hair and you won't know because once it starts falling out it is really too late. Please Please start slamming protien or you will be sorry...

From one Janet to another Janet :lol:

I totally get where you are coming from you are bound and deterimd to get this weight off and getting healthy - but imho you need more than 500 calories a day - I love that you understand that even with the band that you need will power - cuz you do especially until you get to your sweet spot - but you also have to live life - and 500 calorie just doesn't seem like its super healthy and that's what you are striving for is to be healthy. All our doc's are diff - some say eat 4 oz per meal - some say 2 - I have usually always eaten 1 cup of food per meal - mentally I can't eat less than that - I keep my calories between 900 to 1200 and I have been losing steadily since I was banded in July and I like you used the treadmill 4-5 days a week till I was released for weight training.

You don't want to burn yourself out either which I am afarid you are going to do on 500 calories a day - are you getting 60 grms of Protein in with that 500 calorie - this is a lifetime lifestyle change in your eating not just another diet - cuz as they saying goes - diets don't work. And this isn't a race either - You have to learn new healthy eating habit and with the combination of the exercise you will lose the weight

I just don't want you to deprive yourself so much that you end up binging on ice cream and Cookies - i would love for you to know what a normal portion size is - and eating 500 calories a day - you aren't eating normal portions..

Be healthy - that's what's important and you have taken the step to get there with your band - but please be careful - I think 500 calories a is just not enought food to live on ... and as I said before - I don't want you to burn out and am afaird you will on such a small amount of food..

((Hugs))

Mia (and everyone else) -

Thanks for the encouragement - I probably would have lost more weight by now if I trusted the diet plan more - but I'm "too smart for my own good" - so I found out that the diet is "for best results" but that I could eat more than the plan would mhave me believe - kudos to you all that can stick with the plan. I ALWAYS outsmart myself - it is part of my self-defeating/self-destructive attitude I guess.

Anyway - have a 2nd fill next MOnday - looking forward to asking him about the size of my band and about a maximum filling since I'm so hard-headed. Looking forward to restriction-heaven!!:lol:

Just remember this is a process sweetie. You didn't get fat overnight and you aren't going to get thin that way either. Do NOT beat yourself up. I feel like a hypocrite for saying that because I find myself doing it ALL the time if the scale doesn't move the way I *think* it should. As overweight ppl we have alot more than fat to deal with during our journey. Years and years of being the fattest girl around have really taken a toll on my self esteem and ego. It's gonna be a long road ahead but I can't wait to travel it! We all CAN do this!

But today i had one of those elephant chocolates after my lunch, and 6 of the little honey comb type sweets with chocolates around them, but uped my exercise walked 45min instead of 30, and healthy eating again tonight, just got to make certain dont get into the junky Snacks habit again, but that is up to me got to think hey this is not good for me, think the weight i will put on if i do this everyday instead of once and a while.

Come back in 5 months when you only have a few cc's in your band and still no restriction then tell us how 500 calories a day is working out for ya.

Oh for heaven's sake! I won't be eating 500 calories a day for long...just for a few weeks. Get a grip. I know that's not healthy but my doc says do it and I'm doing my best!

to mia31771-HERE HERE--are you ever right!!! To WESTCOASTFATGUY--your advice is very sound--Sweet Pea2 you are on the fast track to loosing all your hair and you won't know because once it starts falling out it is really too late. Please Please start slamming protien or you will be sorry...

LOL.....I have enough hair for 4 people and would WELCOME losing over half of it....seriously. I'm probably taking in more like 600-700 calories a day right now so dont' worry about me. I think the secret is to trick your body by eating different amount different days instead of the same amt of calories day after day. I'll keep ya posted on the hair....:thumbup: