Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know everyone is different and that is takes quite a while to start feeling back to "normal" but I am just checking. I had my surgery Tuesday 4/1 and overall have been healing nicely. A lot of pain the first 2-3 days with not getting around much, real uncomforable etc. Yesterday the pain had subsided significantly and I was able to get around the house a bit and even went to the grocery store with the fam for a quick trip, just walked around. Today I am exhausted. sleeping for the most part and when not sleeping, just exhausted with no desire to get up and do anything! The pain is the same, going away and tolerable, but I am just so tired. Is is normal to go backward in the way of energy? I am "eating" like I should with no problems there. Confused. Did anyone else experience this? I am worried my husband is going to think I am trying to reallyl milk it! :biggrin:Thanks!

Yes it is normal, at least from my experience. I did well during the post-op phase and felt fine (except for the "gas" issue) after about 3 days, too. I decided I felt good enough to get out, and went grocery shopping a week or so later (I had somebody w/me who pushed the cart & did the lifting). All of a sudden I became so overwhelmingly exhausted I had to cut the trip short. I went home & straight to bed & slept the rest of the day. Don't worry, just listen to your body, & take it easy and let everything heal properly. Although it's good to do a little walking after surgery, I too found the shopping trip exhausting! I took 2 weeks off from work per my doctor's orders and was glad for it. Don't feel guilty about the rest because right now that's what your body needs!

Don't forget you've just had serious surgery and that takes a toll on your body, even if it is done laprascopically. I had gallbladder surgery about 6 years ago and it took me about 6 weeks to really feel back to normal. I'd get home from work and just be exhausted. This is the time to really take care of yourself and listen to your body.

I had my surgery the day after you and I am extremely tired too. Feeling a little guilty too. Not sure if I should be resting to feel better or walking for faster healing???

My surgery was 4/2 and I am feeling the same way. I need lots of little naps through out the day. I am worried because I have to work tomorrow-no choice-and I get tired so easily.

I had my surgery on 3/27 and I was feeling the exact same way. I went back to work on 3/31 and i was very slow, tired, and I found it hard to stay awake! I am just now starting to have the energy to do the things I used too. Just give it some time and you will be ok. :regular_smile:

I think that what your experiencing is very normal. Everybody is different and don't try to compare yourself to anyone else. Listen to your body and rest. When you are able to get up, be sure that you try to walk, walk, walk. Even if it is just around the house. For the first week, I would just walk in circles around my living room and reckroom, slowly. I always felt better. I also had to take naps throughout the day, which I had never, ever done before. My family was very supportive and would be protective of me, not let anyone distrurb me when I was resting.