Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok I’m so wicked excited and nervous; I did my pre-work today and am all set to be banded on Friday April 11th!

From the mommies out there, how hard was it to move around with the kiddo’s right after? For those whom have never read any of my posts, I’m a single mom with a 12 month old (well I have a boyfriend but he doesn’t live with me and works nights 11pm-7am and is in the police academy from 5pm -9pm. Therefore alone with baby lol)

I have tons of goofy questions:

1. Can you feel it? I mean does it interfere with everyday life at first?

2. Of course I just have to know… How long before you can comfortably have sex? My nurse at Dr Spiegel’s clinic said soon as I feel ready but I wanted some real answers.

3. How realistic is it for me to think I’ll be back at my desk on Monday?

4. Are there any tasty Protein Drinks? My doc will not allow the powder mixes because they can clog the bands opening.

5. How soon did you start losing the weight? I know that it is different for everyone and its about weather or not we really stick to our diets or “New Way of Life” Also about how many lbs a week did you lose?

6. Do you have a hard time working out? I know no heavily lifting or working out for 3 months but what about jogging or the elliptical?

I know, I know lots of questions but I’m so beyond excited that I am actually able to get this done especially after not getting insurance to cover it and being turned down for all my loans lol.

Thanks bunches for all that respond!

-Jess

Asherje.....The only question I can answer is the Protein Drink question, as I have tried many of them...They make a Protein Shake version of Slim Fast in the can....and Unjury. Unjury is REALLY good but, pricey...But I guess the slim fast cans are expensive too so...Go to unjury.com...The chocolate one is the best.:cursing:

Edited by mfbiznit

I'm being banded on April 8. I can't wait and I can't wait to talk to everyone who gets banded next week too!

Good luck to everyone!

Alice

Woot! Good Luck Alice150 tomorrow!

Im so nervous and excited! Only 4 more days! I start my liquids Thursday... Lets see how chipper I am after a day of no food LOL!

So how is everyone doing today who got banded? Im a little sore but so far so good. Been hard picking up my son but we are managing. My boyfriend was suppose to be home when I got home to help me out but he’s at his parents. Sucks because its difficult and he leaves for work at 10:30pm so I was looking forward to being able to relax and recover while he was around to help me.

Had tire issue today though from me hitting a curb yesterday lol, so he took my car to the shop and I don’t get it back to tomorrow, little worried because my carseat is in it and heaven forbid anything were to happen tonight and I can go anywhere.

Look forward to hearing how y’all are doing.

Edited by asherje

Ok I’m so wicked excited and nervous; I did my pre-work today and am all set to be banded on Friday April 11th!

From the mommies out there, how hard was it to move around with the kiddo’s right after? For those whom have never read any of my posts, I’m a single mom with a 12 month old (well I have a boyfriend but he doesn’t live with me and works nights 11pm-7am and is in the police academy from 5pm -9pm. Therefore alone with baby lol)

I have tons of goofy questions:

1. Can you feel it? I mean does it interfere with everyday life at first?

2. Of course I just have to know… How long before you can comfortably have sex? My nurse at Dr Spiegel’s clinic said soon as I feel ready but I wanted some real answers.

3. How realistic is it for me to think I’ll be back at my desk on Monday?

4. Are there any tasty Protein drinks? My doc will not allow the powder mixes because they can clog the bands opening.

5. How soon did you start losing the weight? I know that it is different for everyone and its about weather or not we really stick to our diets or “New Way of Life” Also about how many lbs a week did you lose?

6. Do you have a hard time working out? I know no heavily lifting or working out for 3 months but what about jogging or the elliptical?

I know, I know lots of questions but I’m so beyond excited that I am actually able to get this done especially after not getting insurance to cover it and being turned down for all my loans lol.

Thanks bunches for all that respond!

-Jess

So I c u had an out patient procedure... excellent...:thumbup:. Did anyone answer your ? because I would sure like to know. I am a single mom of 1. And he loves his mommie... he is about 38lbs im sure i wont be able to pick him up but owhat about everything else....and how do u feel...

mstrina27 Im pretty sore lol. I just laid him down in his crib and that was hard but not too bad, no havent really gotten any answers to my questions. My Doctor allows for lifting up to 50lbs so not sure if your doctor feels the same in regards to lifting your little one too.

I ended up having a hiatil hernia (SP?) as well so that sucked. Makes things so much more difficult. LOL

The questions you have are ones that I have too. I was hoping someone would have answered them. Well, I am glad you are doing good.

Chilly