Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are We ready for a Black President?

Are we ready for a Black President?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are we ready for a Black President?

• Yes
    • No

I think you and the gadget think that being a libertarian thinker means spreading the wealth. No that's not what I interpret this ideology to mean.

Actually the libertarians believe in minimal government influence. Kind of a laissez-faire philosophy in all aspects of life. My point was that, since the libertarian candidate doesn't recieve federally - matched funds to support his run for president, maybe Obama could share some of his. Especially seeing how Obama doesn't mind sharing your stuff or my stuff with others.

Actually the libertarians believe in minimal government influence. Kind of a laissez-faire philosophy in all aspects of life. My point was that, since the libertarian candidate doesn't recieve federally - matched funds to support his run for president, maybe Obama could share some of his. Especially seeing how Obama doesn't mind sharing your stuff or my stuff with others.

Well I consider myself a libertarian and a realist and I don't agree that you can place a box around what that means. I don't think you absorbed what I just posted. Please read it again then come back with something else so we can discuss it.

Edited by Lowbmier

I think you and the gadget think that being a libertarian thinker means spreading the wealth.

Nope. That's more Marxist.

To me, I think being a middle class citizen, I have supported the richer getting richer just by me getting up every day and going to work.

How has the middle class made the rich any richer? Do you think they get some of what you actually pay in taxes? Like a secret kickback or something?

The current government has slapped me in the face as far as changing the constitutional laws to accommodate their corrupt agendas.

Which constitutional laws have been changed that have slapped you in the face?

Not everyone can go to college.

I disagree. If you really want to do college, it is doable. Maybe you have to work full time and take one course at a time. Maybe that course is at night. Maybe it's by distance learning. Maybe it's starting at a local community college. Where there is a will, there's a way.

As far as McCain’s heath care policy, if he has his way, not only will the illegal immigrants continue to tax our health care system but regular people will be forced to practice this as well.

Nope. McCain wants to give every family a tax credit for health insurance to do whatever they want with it. I think maybe you have McCain & Obama mixed up on this issue. Now, the amount that McCain wants to credit ($5000 / year) is probably a little on the low side for most people, but it beats what they have now!

Since you consider yourself to both a libertarian and a realist, will you be voting for Bob Barr?

I think you and the gadget think that being a libertarian thinker means spreading the wealth.

:eek: A libertarian, or sometimes known as a Classical Liberal, is someone who believes in individual rights and minimal government interference in personal lives. It is what our Founding Fathers were (for the most part). Here's a link for you in case you want to read up on it: What Is Libertarianism?

I have supported the richer getting richer just by me getting up every day and going to work.

My husband and I were just discussing this tonight. We have an employee who's such a nice young man. We asked him the other night if he could come over and help us move a heavy desk around (I have a bad back). Not only did he happily come over, but he gave me a hug and thanked my husband for giving him a job. We're not "the rich getting richer"; we're struggling to get along just like everyone else. But with this positive, can-do attitude, I'm confident this young man is going places.

I want my taxes to go to bringing the public school system up to a better standard.

The problem with this philosophy is that study after study after study has shown that throwing money at the public school system doesn't make it a better system.

Edited by gadgetlady

Obama doesn't mind sharing your stuff or my stuff with others.

Well put. Funny how his half-brother in Africa who makes $12 a year still hasn't received any charity from him (to anyone's knowledge).

No gidge. You too are trying box things into a label of understanding. It is clear you know how to google and stay doing it to gather information whether true or not. Step outside of your box because everyone's views or beliefs don't coinside with what has been written. What do you have to say as a person I mean the person who doesn't also go to what has been written. What has been your true experience that you endorse writings and believe in them so much that everything you read is truth?

As for you Plain...you and gidge are so out of touch with what is going on in this country. I am not going to indulge this conversation any further tonight, but I will be back. It's late and I don't know about the two of you but I have to go to work to pay the taxes that make up for the taxes that the oil companies and the large corporations don't have to pay. Oh, and how can I forget the bailout of Wall Street that you both must be supporting by supporting McCain.

No gidge. You too are trying box things into a label of understanding. It is clear you know how to google and stay doing it to gather information whether true or not. Step outside of your box because everyone's views or beliefs don't coinside with what has been written. What do you have to say as a person I mean the person who doesn't also go to what has been written. What has been your true experience that you endorse writings and believe in them so much that everything you read is truth?

Are you saying the Libertarian Party isn't properly defining itself? My "true experience" is that I was once registered Libertarian.

It has nothing to do with being able to google. I know what Libertarian means. I googled and provided a link for you, not for me, because it appears that you don't understand the definition. I was trying to help.

Edited by gadgetlady
Post wasn't as kind as it could have been

gadget lady is the McCain campaign paying you???

No, but Obama supporters expect to be paid by Obama should he win the election, that's for sure. FYI, McCain was my last choice for a Republican candidate -- literally last in the primaries -- but he is head and shoulders above Obama, which is why I'm supporting the ticket.

As for you Plain...you and gidge are so out of touch with what is going on in this country. I am not going to indulge this conversation any further tonight, but I will be back. It's late and I don't know about the two of you but I have to go to work to pay the taxes that make up for the taxes that the oil companies and the large corporations don't have to pay. Oh, and how can I forget the bailout of Wall Street that you both must be supporting by supporting McCain.

Why am I "so out of touch"? Because my opinion differs from yours? Because I question Obama's European-ish tax policy? And why are the attacks getting a little more personal, lowbmier? I suspect it's because you are having trouble putting together a coherent, logical arguement. I have yet to read anything but "think outside the box" and how "out of touch" I am.

Oh, and how can I forget the bailout of Wall Street that you both must be supporting by supporting McCain.

Um, yeah, you mean the same bail-out that Obama supported as well????

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR8WXPlBCho]YouTube - GIVE GEORGE BUSH A 3rd. TERM![/ame]

hey everyone i watched this and thought of u you all

btw... did he say he would enact the Draft..... yea .... he went there

isn't you tube great .... you find the best stuff.

Edited by TheWatcher

Oh God.... I said I wouldn't be dragged back into this but here I am...

Watcher, I thought you were intelligent enough not to believe every soundbite taken out of context. My recollection of that town hall meeting was that while he didn't disagree with her comments, he believed an all volunteer military was superior and had no plans to implement a draft.

Many liberals on the other hand have been calling for the implementation of a draft because they believe the only way to end an unpopular war is to scare people into taking action. They may have a point, but McCain did not support implementing a draft and has no plans to do so.