Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are We ready for a Black President?

Are we ready for a Black President?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are we ready for a Black President?

• Yes
    • No

Plain and Kyband, thanks for advising me on big business and off-shore activities. I hadn't understood these aspects before.

Perhaps tax breaks for big business could be tethered to the creation of new jobs inside of America.

well since you make so much money you don’t need the tax breaks that bush gave you.... that’s the way i see it....i wish i made money like you so i could pay more too.... one day i hope to makes so much money i can be worried about Obama’s tax plan too.... i can be just as selfish as the top 10% or Americans like you.:thumbs_up:

You are a very, very sour person. I will attribute it to maybe your age or maybe YOUR LACK of security in the world we live and your uncertainty that you will never be able to achieve what the 10% of Americans have achieved. You have the same opportunities. It's strange how no one mentions that 40% of the 95% of the people have no tax liability after they take deductions and tax credits. Do you get a check back at the end of the year? I suggest all of you return it this year and let Mr. Obama send it to someone more deserving than yourself. We all obviously are doing well enough to have lap band surgery or pay the insurance premiums to have health insurance pay for it. And well enough to have computers to debate this issue.

luluc: If you would have read the earlier posts I am not the one who was playing the christian card. I was called unchristian because I don't have the same opinion as others. I was being sarcastic to the poster who used that card.

Opinions are different and that's what makes up this country we live in. It seems like the new prejudice in this country may be against the 10% of Americans that have been lucky enough to take advantage of what the U.S. has to offer.

GRRRRRR :frown:.... i love how you tunicate my post so that i look like the bad guy... And no I’m actually a very jolly person..... ok jolly may be pushing it... And I’m no different than any other person posing here... my age has nothing to do with it ... don’t believe me go ahead read back i just got a little sarcastic some people have gone and had downright tantrums.( speaking of witch where have they been??) I hope you understand sarcasm cause i tend to use it from time to time. I am very opinionated and seeming as though i came up with the bright idea to start this thread it would seem like i also love putting my opinion out there. I have thick skin meaning which unfortunately allows me to forget that there are a lot of people who just cant deal with criticism, opposing viewpoints, and some can’t deal with "adult language and situations. but you know what I’m slipping into a rant so I’m going to come back to the topic. No i am i THINK what you could consider middle class I’m single i come from a middle class family i make a little over 45k and i live in California... You know what not that i spell it out.... I’m probably lower middle class... any who i have had to pay more and more on my taxes than i ever have before.... I’m in school for my overpriced bachelors degree mortgage and i am already broke enough and now i have decided to go to grad school well i fear for my economic stability( well not so much anymore OBAMA!!!!) Working with my manager who is a good friend of mine ... we figured out that at his current wage and mine he pays about 34% in his taxes... I pay about 37.6%... not he has broken the 270k mark and i barely took second in the race for 45k. so how is that fair... my boss doesn’t and he makes that much money... the thing that kills me is that there are so many people who dot make that much money, that don’t have anything to gain from there ultra conservative views yet they fight progress every step of the way.

btw I’m find it really( actually i don't really care) you think I’m sour but I guess that’s a personal problem but… you can read my post … I’m not concerned if people think I’m sour… sour people spark conversation and that’s exactly what I’m trying to do here

(so :cool2: )

Edited by TheWatcher

Perhaps tax breaks for big business could be tethered to the creation of new jobs inside of America.

In idealistic generalities. I prefer a more global outlook than one of individual nationalism. However, in all realities one must focus on their own little corner of the world, no matter how selfish that may sound.

On such note I think I like your comment. It might be interesting for the Government to consider a sliding scale of tax breaks for Corporations based on the percentage of US employees they have. I said percentage as opposed to quantity so that these breaks may also help some of the smaller companies and not just big business.

Of course, how do they regulate or monitor such an idea? How would they have the jurisdiction or ability to verify the true percentage of US employees?

Back on my soap box re:taxes just one more time.

My mother always said “The devil is in the details”. Well I believe ”The dollar is in the details” as well.

I seem to remember a big interest a while back in what percentage of money donated to any given charity actually gets used towards its stated goals versus how much is spent in advertising and administration. People wanted to know if they were donating $1 to feed the hungry that more than just a few pennies or dimes were actually going towards the cost of that food.

I feel the same way about our taxes. I feel once you subtract out the amount of taxes people/companies are able to avoid paying in addition to all the money spent in “policing” the system the US government is most likely left with only “pennies” of each tax dollar due to use towards areas such as: education, military, health care, roads, etc, etc.

I have absolutely NO idea what the right answer is and have no idea which party Republican, Democrat, Independent, etx. may have done the best on this issue but I do believe there must be a simpler taxation system we could use.

I have to believe the simpler the system the fewer ways companies/people could find to not pay their portion as well as the fewer tax dollars that would need to be spent on administering and policing the system.

Further, if we had a system where closer to 90% of our tax dollars due were actually available for use “by the people, for the people” then MAYBE us “people” wouldn’t need to pay in as much in to begin with, or at least more of what we paid could actually be put to use. (I started to write "good use" but then I remembered I was still talking about the US govenment and I highly doubt you could find any two people in the US that would completely agree on what constitued "good use")

*BTW I would be extremely interested if anyone out there had a clue what the actual percentage of est. tax dollars available for use (after administration/oversight costs) actually were compared to est. tax dollars due.

GRRRRRR :thumbs_up:.... i love how you tunicate my post so that i look like the bad guy... And no I’m actually a very jolly person..... ok jolly may be pushing it... And I’m no different than any other person posing here... my age has nothing to do with it ... don’t believe me go ahead read back i just got a little sarcastic some people have gone and had downright tantrums.( speaking of witch where have they been??) I hope you understand sarcasm cause i tend to use it from time to time. I am very opinionated and seeming as though i came up with the bright idea to start this thread it would seem like i also love putting my opinion out there. I have thick skin meaning which unfortunately allows me to forget that there are a lot of people who just cant deal with criticism, opposing viewpoints, and some can’t deal with "adult language and situations. but you know what I’m slipping into a rant so I’m going to come back to the topic. No i am i THINK what you could consider middle class I’m single i come from a middle class family i make a little over 45k and i live in California... You know what not that i spell it out.... I’m probably lower middle class... any who i have had to pay more and more on my taxes than i ever have before.... I’m in school for my overpriced bachelors degree mortgage and i am already broke enough and now i have decided to go to grad school well i fear for my economic stability( well not so much anymore OBAMA!!!!) Working with my manager who is a good friend of mine ... we figured out that at his current wage and mine he pays about 34% in his taxes... I pay about 37.6%... not he has broken the 270k mark and i barely took second in the race for 45k. so how is that fair... my boss doesn’t and he makes that much money... the thing that kills me is that there are so many people who dot make that much money, that don’t have anything to gain from there ultra conservative views yet they fight progress every step of the way.

btw I’m find it really upset you think I’m sour but I guess that’s a personal problem but… you can read my post … I’m not concerned if people think I’m sour… sour people spark conversation and that’s exactly what I’m trying to do here

(so :w00t: )

Teach on it!:frown: I was going to come to your rescue but I see you don't need the help:rolleyes2: I thought it was unfair for her to refer to you as sour. I was also going to write about the fact that she brought up the state of your finances and the future of your finances. She can never tell we could be conversating with a future millionare. Another thing I wanted to address is the fact that just because we have the lap band it may had been a struggle for some to pay the premium which was the case for me. I had to find a way for my health sake.

Watcher I think you handle yourself beautifully. :cool2:

Teach on it!:thumbs_up: I was going to come to your rescue but I see you don't need the help:rolleyes2: I thought it was unfair for her to refer to you as sour. I was also going to write about the fact that she brought up the state of your finances and the future of your finances. She can never tell we could be conversating with a future millionare. Another thing I wanted to address is the fact that just because we have the lap band it may had been a struggle for some to pay the premium which was the case for me. I had to find a way for my health sake.

Watcher I think you handle yourself beautifully. :tt2:

:frown::crying::cool2: thank you .... thank you very much:crying::w00t::crying:

in addition .... i pose a question... when did people get so soft... i mean back in the day when my parents and their friends got in discussions about politics... people would almost get into a physical altercation over political and cultural views. im just throwing words.... seriously Man Up!!!!!!

Edited by TheWatcher

We all obviously are doing well enough to have lap band surgery or pay the insurance premiums to have health insurance pay for it. And well enough to have computers to debate this issue.

quote]

My insuarance is free through my husband's work...(he's Army) and I got my LapTop for free through the technical college my parents sent me to when I was 18...lol I did self pay though...makin payments through CareCredit... :thumbs_up: Just wanted to share that...I'm not sure why though lmao

Nothing is free!

in addition .... i pose a question... when did people get so soft... i mean back in the day when my parents and their friends got in discussions about politics... people would almost get into a physical altercation over political and cultural views. im just throwing words.... seriously Man Up!!!!!!

the holidays in my family are FANTASTIC - for just what you state watcher. i'm half catholic/jewish - raised essentially liberal, DH's family is evangelical christian, republican with a gay daughter (kinda like chenney).

many try to keep things "cordial"....till i open the wine and let my mom loose. no physcial altercations - just some really healthy convos; that just make the holidays that more special:wink_smile:

Melolo: I do hope that I am talking to future millionaires. I hope at that point you look back at alot of these things written that pigenhole the wealthy as non-given greedy people. There are many that are very generous and giving people.

The Watcher: How come you and Melolo complain about me calling you sour, where is your think skin? seriously Man UP!

This is my last post to this site I think it may be getting a little off track for me and a little to negative. I think maybe democrates need only apply. I have been called unchristian, uncaring, and received more personal attacks on this site. I too, just like everyone thought you wanted peoples opinions. Mine

Melolo: I do hope that I am talking to future millionaires. I hope at that point you look back at alot of these things written that pigenhole the wealthy as non-given greedy people. There are many that are very generous and giving people.

The Watcher: How come you and Melolo complain about me calling you sour, where is your think skin? seriously Man UP!

This is my last post to this site I think it may be getting a little off track for me and a little to negative. I think maybe democrates need only apply. I have been called unchristian, uncaring, and received more personal attacks on this site. I too, just like everyone thought you wanted peoples opinions. Mine

You're right this is a post to share your opinion. I didn't think it was fair for someone to attack your christianty. No one has the right to judge you especially when it comes to how much of a christian you may be. That is between you and your GOD. I do hope you keep posting. I'm not mad and I don't believe The Watcher is mad. But of course I can't speak for him. But I hope you don't stop posting because of something I said.:thumbs_up: You deserve to be heard too.

Edited by Melolo

:thumbs_up::crying::frown: thank you .... thank you very much:crying::cool2::crying:

Well we're just going to have to show them how it's done. Just because people disagree doesn't mean they're attacking you personally. In most cases.

Edited by Melolo

You attacked my attitude i never would question someone’s Christianity... and i don’t believe that i have attacked anyone personally... I want debate and debate sometimes gets ugly…. But you’re right we do sometimes trend to get into partisan bickering but I have yet to read any real personal attacks.

But if you felt it was persona ...i guess it was personal... sorry

i'm not mad ....i'm blunt and i have always been and always will be so .... i'm sorry if that is a problem.

:thumbs_up::crying::frown: thank you .... thank you very much:crying::cool2::crying:

And then afterwards they would all finish their drinks, shake hands and go home....and then they would do it again next weekend :w00t: lol

Nothing is free!

I meant free as in I am not paying a premium for it... or anything like that...And 100% coverage health insuarance is the least they can do for the sacrifices my husband and our family (and others in the military) have made...and with the way they pay them :puke:lol

Melolo: Actually as I was writting that post I was trying to edit it and erased most of what I had written. Unfortunately I hit the wrong button and none of the edited info came up. So I will repeat some of what I wrote:

I apologize to The Watcher that I made assumptions to his character or age. Wisdom comes from all.

I am not against Barack at all. I would love the U.S to get back on track and really don't care who does it. I am only pointing out 1 concern I have that hits me personally. My husband and I own 2 car dealerships, Wholesale Co., land and investments(with employees), etc. We employ alot of people in small communities. We treat everyone with respect and in return get respect. Our motto is "YOU DON'T WORK FOR US, YOU WORK WITH US". My husband works side-by-side with everyone. At our car dealerships we give everyone that works their a car to drive, pay their car insurance, pay half of their health insurance, and match their 401K, we also offer the top salesman at the end of the year a 1st class family vacation, almost anywhere. We have people that can't make it on their social security, young families just starting out, single parents, a little of everything. These people are our family. We have just recently had GM, and a large canning co. pull out of our area. 1,000's of people are looking for jobs. If we are taxed any more we will not be able to keep the doors open. What will happen to our family? To save money we could take their benifits away but it would only cause hardship to the families. Where will they go to get treated they way they deserve to be treated? My husband & I will be able to get by, we made wise investments and new when to get out, Walgreens wants to buy the 1 property our dealership sits on, and my husband is a prof. poker player(yeh it exsists), but what about the rest of the family? Remember, every senator is in the top 10%, they will be taken care of for the rest of their lives. They will never have to worry about their families, if they have a home, healthcare. Obama raised over 450 million in contributions for his campaign, which is impressive. He definately knows the right people. But I just don't think we should be fooled to think they know what business owners or the average person feels. To me the difference of 250,000 and millions are a big difference. To tax those over 500,000 or million to me is more suitable. Cuz eventually 250,000 has already came down to 100,000 according to Biden. Scarey. I would do anything for my family and It kills me to think we may have to look them in the eyes and tell them we can't make it. We already live in a state that business and property taxes are some of the highest in the nation. So that's my story, I hope that puts an understanding to my concerns. I am just trying to protect my family!