Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are We ready for a Black President?

Are we ready for a Black President?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are we ready for a Black President?

• Yes
    • No

luluc if they can figure out who started a fire in California from a little pile of ashes, they should be able to figure out who erected a KKK sign in Dallas. I'm in Texas and that's a little too close to home for me. I'm white and I feel threatened by that.

Like I posted last night about the intimidation and assaults on people in North Carolina, this is the kind of stuff we may be faced with today in America while we're trying to have a fair and honest election.

We can't have a fair and honest election - the right wing terrorists in our own country just won't allow it. I should have said ignorant right wing terrorists. It's little more accurate.

In several key states, there have already been people whose records have been messed with so that they are required to use a provisional ballot to vote. Provisional ballots won't be counted for days. This looks like it's going to not only be a long night, it might be a very long couple of weeks. I really hope that's not the case.

As for the KKK, we need to bring back the stocks and put them in the middle of town so we can identify which people in our communities are irrational, idiotic wack jobs. After leaving them in the stocks for a few days, then we need to put them in jail and not allow them to make a living, bar their children from our schools, and let their wives scrub our floors for about 10 years. All that just so they can learn a few things from personal experience.

Aw Beth, don't freak out, it's a joke.

luluc if they can figure out who started a fire in California from a little pile of ashes, they should be able to figure out who erected a KKK sign in Dallas. I'm in Texas and that's a little too close to home for me. I'm white and I feel threatened by that..

6 miles from dealey plaza (grassy knoll) creepy. unfortunate, disturbing & i would guess mccain would be appalled.

You know if this thing goes that way - the way of fighting in the streets like we had in the 60s - I will hold John McCain personally responsible for conducting such a sleezy and rage inciting campaign.

You know if this thing goes that way - the way of fighting in the streets like we had in the 60s - I will hold John McCain personally responsible for conducting such a sleezy and rage inciting campaign.

WHAT? Is that a joke? :thumbup:

Far from it!!! He stayed true to his word that he was not going to bring Rev Wright into his campaign and he didn't. He stayed true to his word that he would not accept public financing for his campaign, Obama did not. He reputiated attacks on Obama, sorry to say Obama would not extend him the same courtesy.

For you to say that he ran a sleezy and rage inciting, (wtf??) campaign really shows how closed your mind really is.

How do we know he didn't snuff granny for the sympathy vote? :):thumbup:

That is a horrible thing to say. Just horrible.

His grandmother just died can't you find a little compassion. I am not surprised it is as hateful as other posts you have made.

Beth have you ever lost a grandparent that was like a mother or father to you... What you said cut so deep its not even funny ... it was tasteless and im sorry that even crossed your mind... it was wrong!!!!!

6 miles from dealey plaza (grassy knoll) creepy. unfortunate, disturbing & i would guess mccain would be appalled.

I would guess he would be, too. Last night I was researching something on the internet and I happened upon a site that, I didn't realize at the time, was racist. I was reading through the article pertinent to the subject I was searching (nothing to do with cultural or ethnic issues at all), and then I kept on reading. I got down to an article about how if Obama wins, it will send a message white girls that it's OK to marry a black man, and how horrible that is. I kept reading, thinking it was a joke. It was the last article on the page, so I kept looking over and over for a "next" button to continue reading the article for the part about how the whole thing was a joke. It took a minute to sink in that it was serious. I was disgusted and horrified to read it. It astounds me that people can be so ignorant as to judge someone by their melanin content.

I am equally disgusted by the person that hung Sarah Palin in effigy in West Hollywood.

It was very tasteless. It's sad when people go that far to show their political sides.

I am equally disgusted by the person that hung Sarah Palin in effigy in West Hollywood.

nothing is funny about these sick public displays.

i really hope all are properly protected tonight - and i never thought i'd need to say that.

It especially hard to explain to a nine year old. They are not filled with the hate and prejudice some adults are filled with.

A friend of mine IMed me today...(he's for McCain)...he said...if Obama is elected within a week or two he will be assinated. He said mark my word too...he scares me...

A friend of mine IMed me today...(he's for McCain)...he said...if Obama is elected within a week or two he will be assinated. He said mark my word too...he scares me...

Creepy, I'd be re-thinkin that friendship...

froggi i don't like your friend... matter of fact if Obama wins... can i get his address i wanna have him tailed for surveillance purposes....lol