Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Restriction, I have RESTRICTION!!!

OMG! I am so happy. I went for my 4th or 5th fill and have waited an entire week before allowing myself to hope this is it. Did my liquid 2 days, then softies 3 days. Now I can only eat a couple or 3 spoonsful and I feel it! Before, only time I felt anything was up to about 4 days then restriction was gone. The Dr unfilled first to make sure how much I had in my band (10cc band) I had 8 and she added 1. I love this. I have never enjoyed pain like I enjoy this. The first time I overate, the pain was awful, I couldn't do anything except moan for at least 30 minutes,then it was another 30 minutes before it went away. Only wish I had someone close to share this with. I hope this is going to be my "turn-around"!

:)Laura

Congratulations on getting restriction. I too have resently finally acheived the restriction level from my third fill. Just be careful, that discomfort you felt can get worse. I've found that things I could eat before are now off limits. Yesturday brocolli about killed me. I'm actually back on liquids for a couple days because I vomited and am sore still. But on the bright side the "tool" side of the band seems to be working. I am full very quickly now and I have to slow down and chew unless I want to experience terrible pain. So now REALLY for the first time I am changing my eating habits. My doctor said I should be down below 200 by mid summer if things keep going as they have. Crazy. I haven't weighed less than 200 in 15years.

So I agree- Yeah for ristriction!!!

I usually don't/can't eat until around 10am. I eat then, usually a granola bar. Two hours later at lunch I'll sometimes have something (small) sometimes not. If I don't have something at lunch time then I'll usually have a peice of fruit around 2pm. At dinner I'm usually hungry. I'll eat between a 1/2 a cup or a cup (depending what it is) of food and am full for the rest of the night.

If I don't stop eating when I just start to feel full then I feel too full and that feeling remains usually for the rest of the day making it very undesirable to eat anything else the rest of the day.

It's only been this way sinse my last fill. Before that I could eat anything- not as much as before being banded, but still anything. It's hard to get used to having to figure out what I can and can't eat. I really watch how I chew and how it feels.

Hi everyone. I had restriction yesterday for the first time and today its going again. I was elated and trying to eat all sorts just to feel that pain that told me that it was working. I have 6.75 in a 10cc band and its week and 2 days after my 4th fill. Bummer.

I am so glad to hear you have restriction. I just received my 4th fill and doing the liquids and soft again so I am not sure if I have real restriction yet. Usually I do good for the first few weeks and then I am really hungry but I still do okay and don't go off my diet. Restriction though doesn't have to hurt either. Just learn the signs of feeling full before it is too late. Chew well and put your fork down between bites so it takes you a while to eat. You'll feel the "signal" sooner and before it is too late. Pain means you overdid it and you don't want to hurt yourself. I eat like this even though I don't have restriction, but after a fill you never know. Hoping this time around, I have it. Glad to hear your tool is now doing its job. Good Luck:smile2::cursing: