Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Foolin' for Marchies of 2007

Hi gang, I wanted to start our new thread for April.

I'll link it back to Marches as well.

Hope eveyone is happy and healthy!

XO

Juli

Thanks, Juli! You are so awesome--always on top of things and SO supportive of everyone. We love you! Karen

I am sick as a flipping dog today. It started Saturday with a weird sore throat that has moved into my head. I start sneezing and can’t stop. It brings tears to my eyes. My head feels like it wants to explode. It didn’t help that I moved my ds into the dorm yesterday in the rain. He is only an hour away and plans on coming home most weekends, but it is so weird not being able to see him everyday. He called me today between classes to let me know that he was up all night throwing up. It really sucked that there was nothing I could do for him but offer advice. I know that his is 19 and really doesn’t need mom around all the time, but I sure miss my “little” boy. I still have my dh at home for another 6 years so that helps with the "empty nest" feelings. I always thought that when the kids where grown and gone I would Celebrate being able to do whatever I want without having to worry about them. But I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon.

Husker, Where is DH going in 6 years? :thumbup:

Sorry you're feeling poorly. That just stinks. Sorry your son isn't feeling well either. MY DD is only 6 and I shutter at the thought of not knowing where she is and what she is doing....

It will happen sooner than I expect, I know.

Get some rest.

I havent been on here in a couple days and am glad to see everyone is doing well..

These past couple days have been rough, with it being my birthday i just couldn't help but splurge on the sweets.. i am officially done tough.. 4 days in row is way too much... And i for one am terrified to get on the scale...

And for good reasons... I got on and it told me in 3lbs heavier and im again in two-terville.... :lol: I miss being in Onderland!!!:unsure:

I am really surprised!!! I went in on Monday to start all over w/ my fills and was given 1cc. After 2 days of liquids, this morning was my first day of eating and after a half a piece of sausage and 3 to 4 bites of scrambled eggs I am FULL. This is really weird! :biggrin: Although it is possible I could still be a little swollen from the fill. Next fill appt. is in 12 weeks so I am really hoping this is actual restriction.

Have a Great Month Marchies!!! :lol:

HOWDY!!

I have a general question..have you notive since your weight loss how easy it is to get cold!! I stay cold ALL the time...:biggrin:

Edited by thickchickTEXAS

HOWDY!!

I have a general question..have you notive since your weight loss how easy it is to get cold!! I stay cold ALL the time...:biggrin:

YES!!! I am always FREEZING! I have a small heater sitting right here by my desk and it's set on 80. Everytime a co-worker comes to talk to me they say WOW...it hot over here. FEELS GOOD TO ME THOUGH!!!

I spend most of my time freezing and I NEVER got cold before surgery. I sleep in PJs (didn't do that before) and have a twin size electric blankie on my side so I can stay warm overnight and get a decent night's sleep. My DH laughs, I stay bundled and he's in shorts & T shirts. I was told by a really fit/thin friend that she freezes all the time too. I plan on asking my Dr. this when I go in next. It's nice to know that we all are in the same boat. :thumbup:

Annette

I've been really cold this winter also! All winter I've worn a t-shirt, long sleeve shirts and over that a sweater of some sort.

We received an electric mattress pad for christmas and mine has been cranked up to high all winter!

I am really welcoming spring and the sunshine.

Hang in there Jeni, you'll get back in onederland in no time!

I've been stuck at my current weight for around 6 weeks, even walking harder and longer doesn't seem to help right now.

Hi Everyone, just checking in. Glad to read the news on everyone. ThickchicTexas, glad your results were okay.

Hello to any new comers. Started losing weight again, but have been experiencing different issues since being at restriction. Everytime I eat I don't know what to expect to happen. Sometimes I have that PB anywhere from the beginning to just a few bites before I'm finishing eating to happen. It's has gotten to the point where I don't want to eat for fear of that the feeling again.

So I'm taking a multi-Vitamin,b-12 and Calcium pills to make sure I'm getting enough nutrients. Drinkig Water is no problem. This is not what I expected when reaching restriction. It really takes me sometimes almost 20 - 30 mins to eat a meal. Chew, swallow, wait till I see if and when I can take another bite. And this is w/ 6 - 8 ounces of food. And I've taken to eating fish since it's a soft food and a Meal Replacement drink. Can't eat anything crunchy, rice, even steamed veggie hurts going down. Now I understand what the nutritionist meant when she said, there will be foods I won't be able to tolerate at times. If I eat a good Breakfast, I'm can be good till 3pm. If I eat a lite Breakfast and a good lunch , I'm good till the next day. Go figure.

Now I'm at the other end of the spectrum of this. But in time I hope to overcome this. Or wait out the restriction and hope it eases up, then in a few months I may need another fill.

As for being cold, that's always been an issue w/ me. I suffer w/ hypothyroidism. So I tend to be cold anyway. I haven't experienced any difference.

So, I'll be coming back more since I'm not sharing the computer w/ my daughter as much.

GWEN,

I've missed you!!

"Good" restriction is something else, isn't it? My last fill had me super tight, it took a few weeks but it eased up. Rice has always been a challenge for me, even when not so tight. But restricted eating is what we signed up for, isn't it?

Why isn't your daugher on the computer as much? Gone away to school?

Mary, spring is happening in Ohio, how are things in northern MI? Warming up yet? I too am always cold now. Burrr.

Hope eveyone else is well.