Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ April 2008.....

Hey Guys.... I'm at the library, desparate to talk to you all.

My computer still has its bugs -- will need lots of $$$ to fix. ^_^

I just wanted to update you on my progress.

I finally got my first fill 2 weeks ago. I eat way less and when I eat something wrong I get this stabbing pain in my left shoulder -- very similar to that gas feeling right after surgery. Is this weird? The fill was quite undramatic, yet strange feeling but the bruise that the dr left was horrendous - ugh! It lasted 2 whole weeks. Nobody ever mentioned that to me!

Last night I took the boys our for a celebration meal at Denneys(the twins passed their Calif exit exam - I was SO proud) and when the server got my order I asked for a senior meal for the smaller portion and I didn't finish my plate. I feel good, but fell off the exercise wagon but will climb back on this week.

The boys and I are doing relatively well. My ex has had several melt downs over his responsiblities and last week I retained a new attorney for my protection. I feel stronger than ever about me, the boys and where life is taking us. We have plans for one super summer vacation, our normal 4 day stay in a local hotel and sunning at the pool:thumbup:

I know that I have missed alot in your lives and as soon as I get my tax return I will get my virus healed and write from home. You all are still my dearest friends and I would never want to lose you.

Heart hugs,

Hi gang!

Patty--great to see you again-glad you are well!

My Dr. was concerned with these headaches I have been having and made me do a new bone scan to check the tumor in my mastoid before he would sign on for my PS. I am sitting here fuming, waiting for the results. I am sure all is well. Just another friggin' hoop to jump through!!!

Mandy--love the pics. You are so pretty---and Abi looks so much like you. Now we need to see you all leathered up and ready to ride!!!

My cousins wife is a leathersmith. She makes high dollar belts, with special braids, and works leather into furniture---like outdoor dining sets, and special woven rugs--some very, very artsy stuff. She has a boutique it sells out of in Santa Fe. She is taking my chaps up for me, they got too big!!! Which is a good thing-I always felt like I was wearing the whole damn cow!!!

Well Rick is on days off, and has us going non stop!! Some of it I think is to keep my mind occupied....the rest is his own doing! I am going to try to talk him into a movie this evening....maybe, if we can find anything we want to watch. Some of the guys at work told him Leatherheads--or whatever the new George Clooney movie is is a good one. Maybe!

Well don't send any monkeys after me either--I have grandkids!!! They would just want to keep them. And at the rate the parents are going, they might allow it!!! All my kids have multiple dogs!!!! That is enough!

I better get my email dealt with and be ready to go, Rick will be back anytime now!!!

Hugs~~~

Kat

Gosh dang it how come I don't get updates when someone posts? Hmmm just so odd how it happens. I hope everyone is doing well. I'm busy as all get out at work and the stress level is taking it toll. Fortunately I have asked for the 21-15 off and hopefully I can make it without checking my emails during the week but, I know myself better than that. Always trying to make sure things are ok grrrrrrrrr. One good thing I've done for myself is I've booked a treat for myself tomorrow to have Crystal Resonance Therapy. I thought it would be a nice bday treat for myself :eek: . My hubby gave me some beautiful cards and a Dunkin Donut gift card...LOVE THOSE because I can get my ice coffee on the way to work in the morning and my son's card made me cry :thumbup: but in a good way. He's grown up so much. He gave me a iTunes gift card so I can put music on my MP3 player......yeap that is if I can figure out how to do that hahaha. My mom took DH & DS and I out for dinner to Celebrate the bdays. Hubbys is on Monday. My step-daughter also called to wish me happy birthday and I thought that was super sweet of her :) Anyway.....this birthday girl is pooped but, I truly miss you all and wanted to pop in to say hello. Its now 11:05pm and this is the first time I've had that chance. I really wish I was getting the updates but, for some reason it's not happening. Not sure why really...then again do I ever truly understand this technology hahaha

Love you folks and wish you all the best. Looks like during my vacation I'm going to attempt the fill routine again. I'm eating way too much and too often.....the scale just isn't moving in the right direction and has a tendancy to move in the direction I'm not liking haha so we have to try again. Hopefully the reflux doesn't get too bad UGH.

Anyway...I'm now going cross-eyed with this monitor. I hope to get back in here before May rolls around the corner. HUGSSSSS

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHERRY!!!!!

I sure do hope you had a great day---if anyone deserves some special time, girl it is YOU!!

I cannot believe a year has passed!!! The friendship we have formed here is very valued, and I hope you had a wonderful day---Love you girl!!!

Kat

Hi Girls,

Sorry I'm MIA. Been so freakin busy I can't see strait. Today is yet another crazy day, I don't mind being busy but I miss having time to chat with everyone. Things are okay here, still fat, still sassy..sosdd.

I'll be back later tonight to catch up with everyone. Boy I miss you guys. I did so much better with my WL when I posted :biggrin:

I got this new book called Does this clutter make my butt look fat... can't wait to read it. LOL

Well kids.... see ya later.

Love, Eileen

Sherry, I'm so sorry I missed your birthday Sherry :lol:. Hope your day was as special as you are!

Kat, sorry about the headaches and delays, hang in there cutie!

Patty, so nice to see you peeking in.

Mandy, cute pictures.

Betty, glad you missed the storm damage.

Diane, when do you go for another fill?

By the way, I'm in Ft Lauderdale, enjoying the g-r-e-a-t weather.

Wish you guys were here.

Hugs all around.

Good Morning Y'all,

Like everyone else, I am so busy I don't have time to think. I did some yard work, along with my housework yesterday, it was so pretty outside.

Today I am finishing up the house and doing laundry. I still need to go pick up a few things for our trip and time is running out. It seems like every time I think I have everything one of us thinks of something else we need. We leave on Friday and I am so ready!

Sherry - I'm sorry I missed you b-day! It sounds like you had a great one! Hope you got all you wished for and then some!

Well, I don't mean to cut this short, but my dryer just buzzed and I need to catch the clothes before they wrinkle back up!

Later!

hi everyone! I made it thru surgery, (wed., april 9th) and am back at home after spending time at my mothers house to recover. she has a craftmatic adjustable bed! okay so today i had my first food thought! i miss chewing food! lol all these liquids are cool and all but i really didn't anticipate how much i would miss eating as opposed to drinking for nutrition. other than that i'm still a little swollen and sore but nothing that a little tylenol with codeine doesn't fix. only thing that sucks is i get super nauseous after i take it and that Protein stuff?!?!?!? wow!!! so hard to get down!

anyways... just wanted to check in and update everyone! thanks again for all of ur kind comments!

jrzy, so glad you checked in! I was thinking about you and hoping you were doing alright. I know the feeling about wanting to CHEW something! I went to sonic and bought a bag of their "party ice" to crunch on. It's great in drinks, 'cause you get those periodic bits of soft crunchy ice to munch on. I think it's like $1.70 for a ten pound bag. I also liked chewing on those fruit pops (sugar free popsicles). As far as the Protein drinks go, I remember that small sips helped to get the Protein down in the beginning. Good luck! you'll be feeling great in no time!

Sherry! happy belated birthday!!!!!! Hope it was great!

Kat, here's hoping all went well with your scan and that your doctor is on board for your PS. Are you going for just the TT? I'm sooooooo happy for you that you got approved!!!!

Oh Pat, I would so love be to be in Fla.! Or maybe I should just say, I'd rather be anywhere where I didn't have to work!!!! Beautiful weather would be an added bonus!! As for my next fill, just not sure about that. Remember that the last time I got a fill, I ended up going back for a slight "unfill."

Betty, you must be runnin' crazy with all the "last minute" stuff!!!! Friday will be here in no time!!!! I looked at the pictures again (of the place) You're gonna have a blast!!!

Eileen, how's the book so far?

Hey everybody, I'm thinkin' of ya too!!! Hope everybody has stress-free, peaceful week!!! :biggrin:

Disney is running the free dining again. Here's the details:

There's a NEW Walt Disney World Resort Offer for Disney Visa Cardmembers: This Magic Your Way Package includes Walt Disney World Resort hotel accommodations, Walt Disney World Theme Park tickets and the Disney Dining Plan, which provides one quick-service meal, a select snack and one meal at a table service restaurant per person, per night of your package. Excludes gratuities and alcoholic beverages. Children ages 3-9 must choose from children's menu, if available. For stays most nights 8/24-9/20/2008. Book by 6/22/08.

Take advantage of this offer before it becomes available to the general public on April 10, 2008.

For details or to book call 407-939-7667 or your travel agent, and ask for offer CMK

Good Morning Y'all!

Just sticking my head in to say hello. I am so busy working and getting ready for our trip that I don't have time to think. Still have lots to do to get ready.

I am reading even if I'm not posting, of course the monkeys have not brought everyone back in yet!

I just got home from the ortho, I have to have knee surgery. They called and were able to get me in on friday. I have to have a meniscal repair, and possibly a transplant. They won't know how much needs to be done until they get in there. I will let you all know as soon as I get home. ~Mandy

Awwww Mandy---sorry you have to have surgery---but hopefully it will make life easier.

I have had both knees operated on---the right one was meniscal repair, and general cleaning! The left one they did a lateral release of the patella---the muscle holding my kneecap in place was soooo tight it was pulling the knee cap off, so they went in and cut the muscle loose. Did some meniscal repair, and instant, I mean from the second I woke up it was better!!! A round of PT and I was a goin' and a blowin'!!!

I hope you have as good of results! Are they going in arthroscopically and then opening if they have to, or just opening it from the begining??

I will be thinking of you!

I am down today with a UTI---miserable infection. Slowly but surely easing tonight with the meds.....

Will check in with all of you tomorrow.

Kat

Good Morning Y'all!

Counting the days/hours now, I am so ready for time off work and fun time in the sun!

Mandy, good luck with your surgery! Let us know how things go when you can.

Kat - I just went through that, I know how miserable you are. I drank a bunch of cranberry juice and I really think that helped things too. In fact I still make sure I drink a small glass every few days. I don't want that back for a while!

Pat - Hope you are enjoying yourself!

Sherry - Miss busy bee, have a good one!

Diane - What's up missy? We still need some pictures!

Elieen- Miss you mama! Hope you come back to join us daily soon.

Cindy - Retirement must be really busy for you! You get your bunns back in here missy!

jrzy - How is your band doing?

Jess - Are you still exercising? You are doing so good!

I've never seen this thread so slow, I guess everyone is busy or just enjoying themselves. I miss y'all so check in and let us know how you are.

Betty and Kat, thanks for the well wishes. For the UTI issues, try cranberry tablets. My doctor told me about them and they work wonders. I used to LIVE with UTI all the time. I haven't had one single issue since I started the cranberry tabs. ~Mandy