Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I forgot something major to me! THE BEER THING

ok so I'm getting banded soon and the doctors say no carbonated sodas and thats not a problem for me cause i have carbonated sodas. BUT i just remembered that he did say no more BEER!!!!!! OMFG WTH IS HE TALKING ABOUT...:tt1: I'm freaking out no more beer .... ever .... for...eva... eva. Im not saying that i a a daily beer drinker but i do love my beer now, a nice heffenwisen on a Saturday or a heineken on a Thursdays. shoot i may just need a Sierra Nevada Pale ale in a moment here.

Please tell me the doctor is giving the doom and gloom. I dont wanna give up Beer unless i have to.:tt1::crying::thumbup:

Edited by TheWatcher

Beer and a band sound like perfect combo for a PB episode.

Bleh.. empty calories grab a crystal light :thumbup:

ok so I'm getting banded soon and the doctors say no carbonated sodas and thats not a problem for me cause i have carbonated sodas. BUT i just remembered that he did say no more BEER!!!!!! OMFG WTH IS HE TALKING ABOUT...:tt1: I'm freaking out no more beer .... ever .... for...eva... eva. Im not saying that i a a daily beer drinker but i do love my beer now, a nice heffenwisen on a Saturday or a heineken on a Thursdays. shoot i may just need a Sierra Nevada Pale ale in a moment here.

Please tell me the doctor is giving the doom and gloom. I dont wanna give up Beer unless i have to.:tt1::crying::thumbup:

I had 1/2 beer on Friday night - the problem is with the carbonation - after one or 2 sips - you are FULL - i was almost sliming on 2 sips - so had to take small sips and wait a while between those sips - I hate hot beer so I guess that tells you why - I left half a beer - It was hot.

I like a beer or 2 especially here in the desert during the summer - but heck - I can live without it and if I want one I can have one - but I have to nurse the heck out of it - so I have martini's instead - or wine - or gin & tonic...

I had 1/2 beer on Friday night - the problem is with the carbonation - after one or 2 sips - you are FULL - i was almost sliming on 2 sips - so had to take small sips and wait a while between those sips - I hate hot beer so I guess that tells you why - I left half a beer - It was hot.

I like a beer or 2 especially here in the desert during the summer - but heck - I can live without it and if I want one I can have one - but I have to nurse the heck out of it - so I have martini's instead - or wine - or gin & tonic...

arghh

damn now i have a situation.

arghh

damn now i have a situation.

I felt the exact same way about soda (or as we call it here in the west coast of Canada - pop) I seriously didn't know how I would manage without it. Every now and then (2 months post op) I have a hankering for it but in general, the feeling goes away.

Just gotta think of the greater good - would you rather have beer or be healthier and thinner?

YOU CAN DO THIS!!! :thumbup: *HUG*

The messed up part is i seriously can pick a clear winner

healthier thinner vs fulfilled and happy some may think im joking about this but this is kinda serious to me i mean i was just getting graeted to brew my own micro brew

I felt the exact same way Watcher, I didn't have any beer for almost 2 months ,wasn't has hard as I thought it would be, but now I have no problem drinking beer even quanity doesn't matter, and no I don't get drunk faster(my husband was hoping I would) I try to keep it to a couple times a month just b/c of the empty calories.

In fact I put of even seeing about the surgery for this reason, my surgeon just said I would have to see how I tolerated it after the surgury and I should try beer first at home just in case I would PB. So I hope this make you feel alittle better.

I felt the exact same way Watcher, I didn't have any beer for almost 2 months ,wasn't has hard as I thought it would be, but now I have no problem drinking beer even quanity doesn't matter, and no I don't get drunk faster(my husband was hoping I would) I try to keep it to a couple times a month just b/c of the empty calories.

In fact I put of even seeing about the surgery for this reason, my surgeon just said I would have to see how I tolerated it after the surgury and I should try beer first at home just in case I would productive burp. So I hope this make you feel a little better.

Thank you thats is very helpful... i can live without for a couple months hell even 5-6 months but somethings i just cant dream of completely letting go.

The first time i met the dietitian she was worried cause i am a wateraholic and i had about a full gallon at the start of our meeting and 30 mins later a lil less than half... she was letting me know that my days of chugging everything are over.

Beer i never chug so thats good and ill probably wait 3-4 months before diving into another beer. i am going to miss chugging Water after football or exercise but ill just have to learn to be more patient with my hydration.

Thank you thats is very helpful... i can live without for a couple months hell even 5-6 months but somethings i just cant dream of completely letting go.

The first time i met the dietitian she was worried cause i am a wateraholic and i had about a full gallon at the start of our meeting and 30 mins later a lil less than half... she was letting me know that my days of chugging everything are over.

Beer i never chug so thats good and ill probably wait 3-4 months before diving into another beer. i am going to miss chugging Water after football or exercise but ill just have to learn to be more patient with my hydration.

Yep I miss chugging Water alot still do - small sips just isn't as satisfying as a good chug...

I still drink beer occassionally. I didn't drink it for the 1st month or so. Right after a fill I can't drink it because it does hurt. After the swelling goes down I can drink it. I don't drink it as often as I used to but I still get to enjoy it. I don't chug it though. :)

Hey Watcher,

Try imported beers from England, they are non carbonated and when chilled go down real smooth (someone mentioned Guiness, which is a 'stout' but that is an aquired taste). I lived in the UK for a bit and loved the "bitters", and they come in various strengths. Milds are the tastiest and you can ask your beer store if they can get it for you, and here is the kicker... these beers dont have all the chemical garbage your average carbonated beer has, so no crushing hangover.

But as mentioned.... beer has a lot of calories....

Just take it slow. Many of us have no problems with carbonation. Keep in mind it is empty calories but everyone needs those too now and again. ^_^

Oh, and you may find that your a bit of a light-weight when it comes to the alcohol content after surgery. My theory is that with it sitting in the pouch for longer than most we are more efficient at absorbing all the available alcohol into our bloodstream and end up getting even more drunk. In a wierd paradox for a bandster it can actually help to NOT eat while drinking so as to not trap the food in the stomach any longer than necessary.

You can also just switch to screwdrivers or jack and coke. My other banded friend just shakes her coke up good and gets all that fiz out and then makes jack and coke. I haven't had much to drink since getting banded, but I am going on this cruise soon and I plan to get a little drink on.. lol

OMG! Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is enough to make even a bandster give up beer. Now a few Buds at the game is another story!

Maybe you can invent a special beer for bandsters--non carbonated. I live in Jax, Fl home an Anheiser Busch. Hmmmm....