Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MX Scheduled for May 6

I have been reading posts on the forum off and on for about a month. I have my surgery scheduled for May 6th in Mexico.

Has anybody had experience with Fill places in the Seattle area?

They put me on a very strict diet, and I am not 100% why. I need to lose 17lbs before my surgery

Breakfast 2 pieces of fruit and yogurt

lunch lean cuisine

dinner slimfast shake

I am starving, and if I could lose weight and diet that easily, I wouldn't need the band!

Edited by myellen
more info

I have been reading posts on the forum off and on for about a month. I have my surgery scheduled for May 6th in Mexico.

Has anybody had experience with Fill places in the Seattle area?

They put me on a very strict diet, and I am not 100% why. I need to lose 17lbs before my surgery

Breakfast 2 pieces of fruit and yogurt

lunch lean cuisine

dinner slimfast shake

I am starving, and if I could lose weight and diet that easily, I wouldn't need the band!

Hi Myellen! Congratulations on your surgery coming up! They probably put you on the diet to shrink your liver. I had to do a pre-op diet too. Shrinking the liver makes the surgery much easier and safer. Good luck to you!

I knew about shrinking the liver, but I though that was why they put people on the liquid diet 10 days before the surgery. It is just difficult to be on this extremely low cal diet, and then go to the liquid only.

I read on here someone post that they only went on the liquid for a few days before.

I am having my surgery in MX on April 9th and was put on a high Protein diet for 7 days to shrink the liver. THey told me I didnt have to do the liquids, but I am for several "meals" becasue it just seems easier!

Good Luck!:)

I sent an e-mail to the nutritionist to get some details. It seems odd, since so many people aren't dieting this way. They want me to lose atleast 5% of my body weight. I have seen alot of people with much high BMI's and health issues. I have sleep apnia, but am otherwise very healthy (or as much as a fat guy can be).

I just thought I would give an update. I have had two fills so far. I am at 5cc in my 10cc band. So far everything is great. I am losing weight retty steady and I am feeling great. I hope to meet my goal weight by May 09.