Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my surgery cancelled!!!

Hey all 1st. time on here. I was scheduled for my surgery on thursday the 27 and showed up at 7am got my I.V started, started getting excited then about 2hours later they come in and tell me the dr has a Migraine so come back the next day for surgery. Well friday comes and same thing goes on but after about 3 hours they come in and tell me that they can't get a radiolagist(spelling??) to come in and work on Saturday even though they offered more money etc... so guess what? yep u guessed it put off for another 3 weeks. Feeling so upset. Bad thing is i had already been on liquid diet for about 2 weeks and a clear liquid for 3 days. So i guess all i can say is here i go again., (of course i did eat regular foods so far but will go back on liquids in a few days) thanks for letting me rant........

Yvonne, how terrible is that. Goodluck on your next go round. I'm on Day 12 post op and love my band already, this is the best thing I have done for myself in a long time. Hopefully, your's will come soon.

Oh - that's just the WORST luck of All!!!

I'd call tomorrow and see if you can not be bumped up on the schedule for surgery this wk - especially after being on the liquid diet for prep. If they can bump you on a moments notice, w/IV started - they can possibly rescheulde another patient for a different day w/enough notice. I'd let them know your frustration & disappointment.

Fingers crossed for ya!!!!

As if that all wasn't frustrating enough, the whole thing about the liquid diet really sucks! Thats so unfair I hate how Drs. sometimes just do whatever they want because they know they can get away with it. And thats just when I go for appointments and have to wait 3 hours, I can't imaging how pissed I would be in your shoes! Be strong! I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end. Best of luck

Allison

Im looking for a dr to do the lapband in the utica/new hartford area in ny if possible

does anyone have any suggestions?

i am 5'2 and 220 and fell so uncomfortable!

havents dated for 8 years now and realy want something done

i have united health care. does anyone know if they cover the lapband

feeling ugly and depressed at 38

thanks for all the kind words. This forum is great. I will call tomarrow and see what they can do for me since i was cancelled twice..

I will let all know what they say.

Tina from Kentucky:thumbup:

How frustrated you must feel. I'd rather have the doctor cancel on me if he/she didn't feel well that to not be able to concentrate. Perhaps the radiologist had something else planned that he couldn't get out of.

Hopefully someone else will cancel their surgery so that you are able to get in sooner.

Hang in there! That is unbelievable! I guess it will make you appreciate your band all the more. I wish you the best of luck when you finally have your surgery.:cursing:

You're allo.wed to be pissed off, vent away! I'd be furious, considering that I had to arrange sick leave from work, my hubby had to make arrangements to be there with me, not to mention the pre-op diet...

It WILL happen for you though, hang in there!

I think the whole scenerio is WRONG. How unprofessional is this place? I can see 1 reschedule, but two in a row? I mean, they already know you have been on the liquid diet. I say you make a phone call...to a different facility!!! If they cant stand by their commitments before the surgery, what is it going to be like, once they have gotten your money? I say take a good look at whole experience here, if there were anymore red flags, go somewhere else. Whatever you choose, good luck to you.

Hey Sherrilabru,

Just call United Health Care and ask if your particular policy covers lap band. Ask what they require to qualify. My insurance didn't cover any bariatric procedures :cursing:, so I was self-pay. I'm about your height and weight (I weigh a bit less now since I got my lap band on March 4) and am not comfortable with my weight either. I hope things work out for you. Keep us posted! SS

I had two surgeries cancelled on me. Once just outside the OR door. The second after I'd gotten in there and been put out!!!

HUGELY frustrating, BUT, it DID finally happen!

Don't give up!

What a mess :cursing:. Your MD owes you an inconvenience fee! I can't imagine what you must be going through (both physically and emotionally). I hope that the third time is a charm! SS