Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need to loose 5 to 10 pounds ASAP

:ohmy:I just found out that my insurance has been approved and all I have to do now is get this mask for my sleep apena which I should have by next week and then I can be scheduled for my band surgery, but I need to loose 5 to 10 pounds and I don't know how to start eating the right foods for this please someone give me ideas how to start my future as a banded woman with the right diet.:)

why don't you try the pre-op diet? there are about a million different ones so i can only comment on mine.

My Pre-op diet - 2 weeks

3-4 Protein shakes per day

70-75 grams of Protein (it depends on your height I am 5'1) if you tell me your height i can look up yours in the binder my nut gave me

800-1000 calories

64+ oz of Water

other than that you can have chicken broth (99% fat free and low sodium), Clear liquids, sf Jello, sf popsicles (up to 2 a day), 1 sf fudgesicle per day. If you get your protein in, you really don't feel hungry at all. Protein is going to be the biggest part of your diet after being banded, with Fiber coming in a close second. So always make sure to eat your protein and Fiber first at every meal...if you are full, don't worry about adding in that carb for that meal.

I hope that helps!

Pre-Surgery Nutrition Plan

1200-1500 calories, (70 gm protein)

Breakfast: 1-2 Protein shakes

AM Snack: 1 Protein shake

Lunch: Meal Replacement and salad (low cal dressing)

(350-400 calories)

PM Snack: 1-2 Protein Shakes

Dinner: 1-2 Protein Shakes

Drink up to 5-7 Protein shakes per day. Each Protein Shake should contain:

100-200 calories

at lease 15 gm protein

maximum of 15 gm of carbohydrates

Recommended Protein Shakes:

HMR 800 shake

Slim Fast Low Carb Shake

Carnation Instant Breakfast for the Carbohydrate Conscious

Isopure (GNC)

WorldWide Pure Protein (Trader Joe's)

Atkins Advantage (Walmart)

Water!! Drink a glass of Water with lemon in the morning, Water must be room temp. Continue to drink water all day.

This is to be done in conjunction with any pre-op diet you choose.

I did not believe that this could help. I have had 4 months to figure this out; I still have 2 more months before my insurance will even look at request. The fist 2 months I lost an average of 4 pounds, then I added the water, and the following months were and average of 14 pounds lost

It helps!:tongue_smilie: