Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brigham and Women/Faulker Hospital

I guess I failed to sign up properly. lol

Can you see your surgery reports? Is there a section for requesting appointments?

Sorry I didnt write sooner I was away during vacation and had no internet access which was great. I dont get a fill until mid March. I am working hard on maintaining and not gaining I hope it works

Tova

there is a section for requesting appointments but I find it easier to call. I would really like it if they had more of my medical information there

Hello Everyone. I hope you are all doing well and kicking butt!

Tomorrow's the big day for me at The Brigham. I don't have my surgery time yet. I will find out when I call tonight between 3-6:30pm. Not really nervous........yet.

Met with Dr. Robinson yesterday to go over any last minute questions etc. I am down 32 lbs. since my initial consult on 11/9, so I am pleased with that.

Any last words of advice from some of the vets out there?

BTW - Paige, we were both at The Faulkner yesterday. I was going to say Hello but didnt want to come off as a creepy forum stalker of some sort since we've never met before. :thumbup: I was sitting across from you in the waiting room while you were talking to the older gentleman that just had his procedure.

BTW - Paige, we were both at The Faulkner yesterday. I was going to say Hello but didnt want to come off as a creepy forum stalker of some sort since we've never met before. :thumbup: I was sitting across from you in the waiting room while you were talking to the older gentleman that just had his procedure.

You totally should have said hello. I'm not easily bothered by people! I wouldn't have been weirded out at all! The gentleman next to me is just about 2 weeks post-op and comes to the support group meetings at the Faulkner with us. He's a really good guy. More of a listener than a talker, but typically because it's usually us girls taking over the forum! The woman all the way down on the far wall with glasses has come to meetings, too, and I felt badly because I couldn't remember her name. I also don't know if she's pre or post op at this point!

Congrats on the weight loss thus far. You're doing a great job!! No words of advice. Just sit back and relax and do your thing. I went back to work far too soon and didn't give myself to enjoy the time off. I need to be busy, but if I had to do it all over again, would have at least taken a week or so off. Take your time and listen to your body. Move as soon as you feel up for it. That made a big difference for me. The anesthesia was the one things that really screwed with me. I never bothered with the pain pills. TAKE the laxative if he gives you one! By the time you realize you should have taken one, it's often too late and you're super uncomfortable. Without a good amount of Fiber in you, you won't be going regularly after surgery!

Good luck and keep us posted! Get some rest. :thumbup:

Hello Everyone. I hope you are all doing well and kicking butt!

Tomorrow's the big day for me at The Brigham. I don't have my surgery time yet. I will find out when I call tonight between 3-6:30pm. Not really nervous........yet.

Met with Dr. Robinson yesterday to go over any last minute questions etc. I am down 32 lbs. since my initial consult on 11/9, so I am pleased with that.

Blue~ GOOD LUCK!!! Keep us posted!!!! Your on your way!!!:thumbup:

best of luck Bluesam. I hope you are able to get some rest tonight. The waiting right before in pre-op holding can seem like forevah! You will do great and soon you will be banded like us!

paige did you get another fill?

Tova you are still waiting for some time to pass right?

I was going to call for a fill but had some bad heartburn for like over week despite using Prilosec 2x a day. thankfully thats gone but then I twisted my left knee :thumbup:. I miss going to the gym

I considered actually getting an unfill----I'm having issues with not using the bathroom. I have pressure on my stomach that's causing discomfort and reflux here and there, but it's not the tightness of the band. So...he referred me to Miralax and my PCP who I see on the 19th for my annual physical, anyway. SO there it stands. If I get tighter or have reflux again, I was told to go ahead and call for an emergency unfill. So.....we'll see! Waste of a trip to the Faulkner.

still waiting I have an appointment in 2 weeks i am actually counting the days - eating way too much and trying not to get depressed about it - thanks for thinking about me

tova

best of luck Bluesam. I hope you are able to get some rest tonight. The waiting right before in pre-op holding can seem like forevah! You will do great and soon you will be banded like us!

paige did you get another fill?

Tova you are still waiting for some time to pass right?

I was going to call for a fill but had some bad heartburn for like over week despite using Prilosec 2x a day. thankfully thats gone but then I twisted my left knee :mad2:. I miss going to the gym

Hi everyone!

Tiny~I know how you feel about the gym. I just got my tredmill & first I was sick (had to go to ER for IV fluids) took me a few days to get back to normal. NOW my back is acting up again! Hurts when I breathe! I have issues w. my feet too! :) I wore a pair of boots w/ a small heel sat night & my toes have been numb since then! They are getting better but WTF!!!

Blue~ I hope you are doing well!:scared2:

Paige~ sounds like your pretty uncomfortable. Hope it gets better for you too.:thumbup:

Tova_Hang in there girl!!!!! :smile:

Paige

here is something new to try....flaxseed oil. You can get it cheap at Trader Joes. Add a tablespoon in your smoothie or make it into a dressing. Ive been using it for the past few days and its been working if you know what I mean. Id still use the Miralax as well until you feel normal.

well my knee is better and I have an appt with the ortho dr tomorrow...it may be waste of time when they tell me to rest and ice it.

Also Id like to report I havent lost a single pound in months...whoopie :)

Hey Everyone!

So, I was banded this past Wednesday @ 9:30 (first surgery of the day). Things went well and I felel pretty good. The day after surgery was a bt rough at times but I think it was because I was canky and tired. Those of you who had surgery @ The Brigham probably know that sleeping isn's all that easy. My room was right outside the Nurse's station and they were loud all day AND night. Plus, they seeme totake my vitals every 2 hours or so.

Any way, I've been at home for a few days now and feel like I'm getting better everyday. Not really sore or gassy.....Just trying to take it slow and drink my Protein and fluids. Its slow going but I know I made the right decision.

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and words of support. I truly appreciate it!!!

Hey there, BlueSam.

Glad to hear you're feeling ok, but particularly happy to hear you're confident you've made the right decision. Even on my worst, over-filled, dehydrated and can't keep food down days, I've NEVER regretted doing this. I do miss a few things---being able to gorge myself til I feel better and a few old favorites that I just can't stomach any more, but I've never questioned my decision to be banded. It just keeps getting better......sure, there will be frustrating days ahead, when the scale doesn't seem to be accurate, but all things considered, this has been so worth it! Incidentally, I've just gotten home from the gym where I was running---training for my next 5K. If you told me even 4 years ago I'd look forward to running or do it for stress relief, I'd tell you that you're crazy.

Headed out to grab a salad---though I'm not sure I can tolerate it. I'm just looking forward to a nice, quiet night at home when I can relax and slowly eat a salad!!! LOL Crazy. Definitely not where I imagined I'd be at this point in my life.:smile2:

There's a support group on Monday night @ the Faulkner at 6 with Phyllis. I hope some of you guys will join us!!!

Was reminded of a very important lesson this evening----

"bartender, make it strong" + fried mozzarella to go = an hour spent bent over the garbage disposal. Wasted money, very drunk. I forget that I'm banded when I've been drinking----but remember quickly when the food comes back at me.

Did I say I was "happy" with this decision? Mel, is that what I was saying tonight???????

Was reminded of a very important lesson this evening----

"bartender, make it strong" + fried mozzarella to go = an hour spent bent over the garbage disposal. Wasted money, very drunk. I forget that I'm banded when I've been drinking----but remember quickly when the food comes back at me.

Did I say I was "happy" with this decision? Mel, is that what I was saying tonight???????

GALD your doing well BLUE!!!

PAIGE~ Those would be hard to get down or up for me too! You poor thing! :-(