Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brigham and Women/Faulker Hospital

WOW Jay, TEN hours?!?! Never heard of them lasting that long. How annoying! Are they gone yet???

Sorry Jay you had this experience and Heidi I do have a friend that had the hiccups for like a week, He couldn't eat or sleep, it was miserable. I can't even imagine!

What's Crappenin' Everyone?

Glad to see people are doing well. I just had a quick question for some of the vets on the board.

Dr. Robinson @ BWH has scheduled me for surgery on 3/17/2010. His Office Manager (can't remember her name but she is an absolute sweetheart) said she would submit the request for approval to my Insurance Company, Harvar Pilgrim. My question is, about how long does it take to actually hear something from the company? And, if I were to hear anything, would it be from them or Dr. Robinson's office? From what I have heard, HPHC is one of the easier companies to get approval from. Thanks in advance!

Glad to hear you got your date. I have BCBS and I got a letter in the mail saying I was approved and I think they sent one to the doctors office too. .

congrats! ;)

slow here lately!

Anyway, I'm going to the Faulkner this morning for a small fill w/ dr Vernon. I'm still going strong & the scale is moving downward. :-) I'm excited about my new found motivation! I'll be getting a tredmill soon w/ our tax returns & I can't wait to get moving!!! see ya later.

Congrats Heidi on your new motivation.

I too have found my motivation and I hope it really stays this time. I've finally joined a gym. :thumbup: I've been sick and my goal is 3 times this week. My kids are in school together twice a week and I plan on putting aside everything else I get done and make time for me. I'm slowly losing the 7 lbs that have been up and down since thanksgiving and my goal for late spring is to be in w"one"derland. I'm 23 lbs away. So I'm giving myself plenty of time and I'm back to counting my weight watcher points and focusing mostly on Protein. We shall see If I can keep it up.

Hope everyone is doing well. Keep up the good work everyone.

Spring is coming and I don't want to dread it for the first time in like 10 yrs.

Hey there, Sandy. Sounds like you've got some concrete goals. That's always the best kind to have, to measure your progress. Like you, I've struggled for the past 3 months without much fill. I went in on Monday after being unfilled for the most dreadful 3 months possible. (Just like old days---no control, bad choices, and tons of bad holiday food....) I gained 14 pounds since I went in for my big unfill in November. Yep. Gross. Now I just have that much farther to go to One derland! I'm now back to 6 cc. I'm doing 2 days on, two days off at the gym. I have to because I don't have enough workout clothes for more than 2 days at a time. My "ah-ha" moment was when my bras and pants got too tight. I got rid of all of my fat clothes and have nothing to wear. (Incidentally, it's amazing how gaining or losing 20-25 pounds in size 24 made little difference in how things fit, but 10 pounds in a misses size 14 makes an enormous difference!!) OH, the bad memories it brought back. I'm off to the gym. Looking forward to attacking the 5K course that ate me alive last spring. I managed to finish in 36 minutes, which isn't bad, but I could have WALKED it that fast!! I'm still working on recruiting a few friends to join me this time around. It's a new day.....Keep up the good work, ladies! Anyone headed to this month's support at the Faulkner?

I go in tomorrow afternoon to the Faulkner for a fill - which I desperately need. I feel like a bloated balloon!!! I can eat everything which is great until I step on the scale. I realized through all this how much my focus plays such an important role in this whole journey. I need to get back on track with my eating and continue to make it to the gym regularly

tova

Hope your fill went well today, Tova. I'm tight today, but working well with my fill. I notice the restriction with the volume of what I can eat, so I'm happy with that. I'm headed back again in a month--or at least, I'm scheduled to go. I think I'll likely go, even if I don't want a fill just to keep on track. I'm also thinking about making an appointment to start over with Phyllis. I think it's really time I get back at this wholeheartedly. Meeting next Monday! Anyone going? (Jay, I think you said you have class. I have negotiation meetings on Tuesdays so I can't go to the Brigham....)

I decided that it's all for the best. Dr Robinson wouldnt give me a fill - he said that the upper GI that I took showed that the band is fine, but my esophagus is slightly enlarged. He wants me to take another upper GI in a month and see him that day too, where he will hopefully be able to give me a fill.

I will try to come to the meeting next Monday, and I agree with you I need to make an appointment with Phyllis - I have never met her, the last nut I met with was Natalie - a little bit too long. I really need accountability.

Trying to keep my head up - and not enjoy too much food!!!

Tova

Hello Everyone, hows it going? I"m at 4CC still, I was down out for 2 weeks with the swine flu, no gym for two weeks, no restriction, the only difference is if I take a bite that too big........it takes a second then its fine, I"m hoping with my fill next week it all good, they will give me option of an aggressive fill or not, not losing but not gaining so at least I have that, I had a goal of Jan of 140 miles and I missed that........well I'm hoping to make and get the damn scale moving, w hen is the Faulkner meeting?

I go in tomorrow afternoon to the Faulkner for a fill - which I desperately need. I feel like a bloated balloon!!! I can eat everything which is great until I step on the scale. I realized through all this how much my focus plays such an important role in this whole journey. I need to get back on track with my eating and continue to make it to the gym regularly

tova

Well - the countdown is on. I am one month out from my surgery date. Met with Dr. Robinson yesterday and he is pleased with my progress since November. I have to meet with him one more time to sign all the consent forms etc. Next up is the 2 week pre-op diet which should be alot of fun :(........

Do any of the vets on here have any advice on things to stock up on to make my recovery time easier? I am slated to have the procedure on a Wednesday and HAVE to go back to work the following Monday. Trust me, if I could take the necessary time off, I would. But, it is what is. Thankfully I work in an office where I can get up and walk around if need be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tova - I think we were @ The Faulkner at the same time yesterday and you were right ahead of me. I thought I heard them call your name.......

Oh Ya - I gots me a "Ticker" too.....What - What?

Hi everyone,

I'm Jennifer and I am so excited to have found this thread! I saw Dr. Robinson yesterday at Brigham and Women's Hospital and was given a surgery date for June 2nd. :thumbup:

I am still new to all of this stuff but hope to get to know people better!

meeting is tomorrow Monday the 8th at Faulkner. I am going to go. I am still gaining weight. I may need a fill or just a brain re-set...did I forget how or what to eat? Is this just old habits creeping back?

I really need and feel like I should come to the meeting - need to take my daughter to the dentist. I am still going to see if I can keep the meeting.

Mel - I agree with you - about the brain reset!!! I am working on that very hard now since my big unfill

Tova

meeting is tomorrow Monday the 8th at Faulkner. I am going to go. I am still gaining weight. I may need a fill or just a brain re-set...did I forget how or what to eat? Is this just old habits creeping back?

What time does the meeting start at? How long does it go for? It is an hour drive for me ATLEAST. I wish it was closer for me.