Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brigham and Women/Faulker Hospital

Hey thinking-

I went for my second fill today and DR.R didn't do my fill the blonde lady did [i think shes russian?] anywho- she was AMAZING! she got it on the first try and she was so delicate. I told her how bad Dr.R was at filling me and she said she will do mine from now on. So needless to say there was NO pain. I had zero restriction the first fill, which was 4 ccs. I got 2 more ccs for a total of 6 so we will see how my restriction is. Ive eaten Soup today and could eat it ok and had nice restriction/felt full. I had not lost weight since my last fill [the no restriction and hurt knee was not helping] but atleast i didn't gain. Im really excited for this second fill and seeing how it will work with my everyday eating after this post liquid fill stage.

I NEED to make it to the brigham meeting. I live a 5 minute walk from there so its the easiest for me to go to. I also think that going to the meeting will give me the extra nudge i need to keep this going!

sorry I have been MIA--last semester of undergrad school/applying to grad school is taking up soo much time!

ps. also Dr.R was late again. My appointment was at 815 am and i didnt see him until 850. Im glad the other dr did my fill at 830 so i wasn't waiting with anxiety for Dr.R

good luck to all

I'm so glad you decided to go! I think you'll realize that you really wanted someone to say that to you, or you wouldn't have put it out here for us. :drool: Wasn't trying to be mean, just supportive and I hope it came off that way.

How was your fill? How did it feel? Do you feel any different?

Thanks for the push. I know I NEEDED to go but like you said and I totally knew it, I was making excuses. I read my post again the next day and realized how stupid I sounded.LOL So THANK YOU!!

It went smoothly, it pinched but it was so fast I didn't mind it. No I don't feel any different, except now I get this little pain in my stomach area that wasn't there before. I'm on liquids for one more day and I'll do soft stuff tomorrow or maybe even tonight. So we shall see.

Hey thinking-

I went for my second fill today and DR.R didn't do my fill the blonde lady did [i think shes russian?] anywho- she was AMAZING! she got it on the first try and she was so delicate. I told her how bad Dr.R was at filling me and she said she will do mine from now on. So needless to say there was NO pain. I had zero restriction the first fill, which was 4 ccs. I got 2 more ccs for a total of 6 so we will see how my restriction is. Ive eaten Soup today and could eat it ok and had nice restriction/felt full. I had not lost weight since my last fill [the no restriction and hurt knee was not helping] but atleast i didn't gain. Im really excited for this second fill and seeing how it will work with my everyday eating after this post liquid fill stage.

I NEED to make it to the brigham meeting. I live a 5 minute walk from there so its the easiest for me to go to. I also think that going to the meeting will give me the extra nudge i need to keep this going!

sorry I have been MIA--last semester of undergrad school/applying to grad school is taking up soo much time!

ps. also Dr.R was late again. My appointment was at 815 am and i didnt see him until 850. Im glad the other dr did my fill at 830 so i wasn't waiting with anxiety for Dr.R

good luck to all

Hi K8, glad it went better for you this time. Dr. R did my fill on Monday and it went great, funny how everyone is different. Then again, I think I could even do my own fill.. LOL I can totally feel my whole port and even see it sometimes, so I'm hoping it will never be a problem for me. I'm at 4 cc's now, so we'll see :drool:)

Jay, I've not met you yet, but I hope you will not give up on you. I too was eating slider foods (as they are called apparently) to slow down my weight loss, due to my age, and suddenly find as the weight fell off, my age began to show. Slowing it up initially actually helped my skin elasticity. I have been told a bounce mini-trampoline can help the skin shape up, along with the joints. So I might get one for that reason alone if no other.

If you need to look inward, take a look at any reason why you would not want to lose. I found I am no longer invisible to the living world, of which I was not a part for around one decade of my life. Being in the light, where people take note of you, can be very uncomfortable, to say the least. I am trying to find the joy in it. I am fortunate to be around so many warm and loving friends, and their physical presence, hugging and kissing me, and loving me for the individual I am, has been healing for me, and they are only being normal loving people. I rejected normal and loving for so many years and retreated into myself. So that I would not have to explain what I was doing to myself, by giving up and letting my appetite control me.

Are you seeing a counselor? Are you comfortable with that route? I have to say that 7 year of it, lead me to where I am now, to the point I could, with healthy mind and hopeful heart, reach out to get the band my PCP really wanted for me since 2003. and which I rejected all of these years. I was afraid to die on the table, when I was really afraid to let go of a living death and a prison.

Take Care Jay, and anyone else ready to give up. And you might want to consider, if the band is not working, after a reasonable time, then a bypass, or sleeve, could be the way to a new life.:thumbup:

Hi Everyone,

Sorry it's been some time since I've posted but I haven't really had anything to talk about. I do now! So, I had my surgery May 13, 2009. I've never had a fill until yesterday! I never needed one - I've lost 56 lbs without a fill. I still lost another 7lbs but I'm eating more for sure so I pushed for the fill.

I did the liquid for 1.5 days, mushies and now I'm back on reg. however, I've noticed about 1-2 hours after I eat I'm getting the worst pain in my stomach and shoulder - so I know it's gas pain. Last night, I thought it might be hunger pain, today I realize it can't be hunger pain - I just ate a little over an hour ago. Does anyone know what it could be? Am I eating to fast and it just takes that long to catch up with me?

Hi Everyone,

Sorry it's been some time since I've posted but I haven't really had anything to talk about. I do now! So, I had my surgery May 13, 2009. I've never had a fill until yesterday! I never needed one - I've lost 56 lbs without a fill. I still lost another 7lbs but I'm eating more for sure so I pushed for the fill.

I did the liquid for 1.5 days, mushies and now I'm back on reg. however, I've noticed about 1-2 hours after I eat I'm getting the worst pain in my stomach and shoulder - so I know it's gas pain. Last night, I thought it might be hunger pain, today I realize it can't be hunger pain - I just ate a little over an hour ago. Does anyone know what it could be? Am I eating to fast and it just takes that long to catch up with me?

I'm confused---though it doesn't take much lately. If you had your fill yesterday, how did you possibly do 1.5 days of liquids? It's supposed to be 48 HOURS after your fill...then mushies. I get that pain at times, too. I think it's from stuff just not going down as fast as other stuff does/did/might. Does it change, depending on what you've eaten? Congrats on all of the weightloss! :thumbup:

I'm confused---though it doesn't take much lately. If you had your fill yesterday, how did you possibly do 1.5 days of liquids? It's supposed to be 48 HOURS after your fill...then mushies. I get that pain at times, too. I think it's from stuff just not going down as fast as other stuff does/did/might. Does it change, depending on what you've eaten? Congrats on all of the weightloss! :thumbup:

Sorry - had my dates wrong..I'm so busy at work, I can't keep things straight. I had the fill on Tues. Lana (Dr. R's asst) told me to do 1 day of liquid (the Protein Shakes kill my stomach), 1 day of mushies and then back on reg. so that is what I did.

No, it doesn't seem to change based on what I eat. Maybe I'll start the process again. liquid-mushy-reg. I had this problem after surgery as well with the Protein shakes..they just tear up my stomach.

Jay, I've not met you yet, but I hope you will not give up on you. I too was eating slider foods (as they are called apparently) to slow down my weight loss, due to my age, and suddenly find as the weight fell off, my age began to show. Slowing it up initially actually helped my skin elasticity. I have been told a bounce mini-trampoline can help the skin shape up, along with the joints. So I might get one for that reason alone if no other.

If you need to look inward, take a look at any reason why you would not want to lose. I found I am no longer invisible to the living world, of which I was not a part for around one decade of my life. Being in the light, where people take note of you, can be very uncomfortable, to say the least. I am trying to find the joy in it. I am fortunate to be around so many warm and loving friends, and their physical presence, hugging and kissing me, and loving me for the individual I am, has been healing for me, and they are only being normal loving people. I rejected normal and loving for so many years and retreated into myself. So that I would not have to explain what I was doing to myself, by giving up and letting my appetite control me.

Are you seeing a counselor? Are you comfortable with that route? I have to say that 7 year of it, lead me to where I am now, to the point I could, with healthy mind and hopeful heart, reach out to get the band my PCP really wanted for me since 2003. and which I rejected all of these years. I was afraid to die on the table, when I was really afraid to let go of a living death and a prison.

Take Care Jay, and anyone else ready to give up. And you might want to consider, if the band is not working, after a reasonable time, then a bypass, or sleeve, could be the way to a new life.:)

I haven't seen a counselor, but I have considered it and would feel awkward, telling my deeper thoughts and feelings to a stranger. I'm not sure I could.

But i am going to try to go to the meetings? There's one Monday right? Did i just make that up?

I thought once you had one procedure done they wouldn't do another? Maybe I made that up too...

In any event thank you for your kind words.

How were the support group meetings? Did any of you go?

Just wanted to post and say HI. I never believed live would be so busy - not complaining it is all for good things. I have not been to the gym in a while but started again last week and that made me feel great. I was so looking forward to coming to the support meeting this week, but I have pt conferences in school, so I guess I will have to try again for next month.

Otherwise my weight has been staying the same even though I would love to loose another 10 pounds before I call it quits, but I am not stressing, I am just so glad I am where I am today - the band has been the greatest thing for me.

Tova:thumbup:

Tova,

2 AM on a school night?! Oh my...I guess you are busy! Hope you're well! I won't be at the meeting until next month, either....and you know how busy December gets. We'll see what happens!

Does anyone know where I can buy Isopure? Just an FYI, there was a $1 off coupon in the Globe for Isopure in the Sunday Globe....

I'm headed in for an unfill today. Was hoping to drop some weight before doing it, but the reality is that I haven't been able to keep down solids for nearly 2 weeks. Can't lose weight by eating ice cream and mashed potatoes....

BUT, I do have to wonder---why didn't anyone suggest Zantac to me the last time I had reflux? This stuff is amazing. It's the only reason I lasted through Aruba without an emergency un-fill!

Anyone at Dr. R's office today? Have a great week! :biggrin: Paige

Hello everyone! I zipped through all the last few posts. Glad to hear all the newbie's are doing well w/ there fill's & bands.

Paige~ I hope you do better after your unfill. How was your trip? I soooo need a vaca~~!!

Well, I went out the other night & it was fun. I thought I looked good untill some A** touched my gut & said "What are you gonna name this one"? :biggrin: Prick!! He knew I wasn't pregnant!! I mean, I was sucking back the drinks! I swear people get more ignorant on a daily basis & the more ignorant they are the more they're drawn to me!!! Who says that!??!?!?! So, that being said.......what are some good gut exercises???? LOL! :tt2:

Edited by heidib

Hello everyone! I zipped through all the last few posts. Glad to hear all the newbie's are doing well w/ there fill's & bands.

Paige~ I hope you do better after your unfill. How was your trip? I soooo need a vaca~~!!

Well, I went out the other night & it was fun. I thought I looked good untill some A** touched my gut & said "What are you gonna name this one"? :w00t: Prick!! He knew I wasn't pregnant!! I mean, I was sucking back the drinks! I swear people get more ignorant on a daily basis & the more ignorant they are the more they're drawn to me!!! Who says that!??!?!?! So, that being said.......what are some good gut exercises???? LOL! :lol:

a good ab exercise is to clench your stomach muscles and release and repeat when you beat the crap out of anyone who talks to you like that. :smile:

That's the Jay I miss......glad to hear you still have your sense of humor. :w00t:

thanks Jay. I did run my mouth at him. After the shock passed I was pissed. He was not seen after that little show. THE JERK!!!