Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brigham and Women/Faulker Hospital

Glad everything went well. Are you at the Brigham or the Faulkner?

I'm feeling good about my decision, but still a little nervous about anesthesia.

About 37 hours till I get mine. Feels surreal. Getting very excited about being a healthier and thinner me :bored:)

faulkner dont worry stay positive

Hello, well I'm in my room surgery went well,just feel like I did alot of crunches, then again could be the pain pump, but I'm ready to get up and walk, they had to fix my hernia, I had nauseau when I woke up but one shot and now I'm fantastic. My Realize band comes with a card to log in on the site. This journey has started out oh so well and I thank god for continuing to do so. I might take a nap, but WOW I feel good. The three things I was most worried about were nausea, gas pains and port pain. The nausea is gone, I have some mild gas pains across the front of shoulders but NOT bad at all just feels like a pulled muscle and no port pain right now, like I said feels more like alot crunches. I'm glad I brought my laptop what a release

OH thank goodness!!!! :bored: To tell ya the truth I was really nervous about the gas because after I had my tubes tide the gas pain was crushing. I had no problem though. Keep us posted! CONGRATS your BANDED!!!! :smile2:

I'm feeling good about my decision, but still a little nervous about anesthesia.

About 37 hours till I get mine. Feels surreal. Getting very excited about being a healthier and thinner me :bored:)

Glad to hear everything went well for you!

are the dates out for the october meetings? I need to get to one, I need to refocus!

I think this is how the meetings schedule works month to month.

Faulkner - 2nd Monday of the month

B&W - 3rd Tuesday of the month

October's meetings should be scheduled as follows:

Faulkner - Monday, October 12th

B&W - Tuesday, October 20th

Someone please correct me if I am wrong!

I can also email Phyllis if you like...

Hello, well I'm in my room surgery went well,just feel like I did alot of crunches, then again could be the pain pump, but I'm ready to get up and walk, they had to fix my hernia, I had nauseau when I woke up but one shot and now I'm fantastic. My Realize band comes with a card to log in on the site. This journey has started out oh so well and I thank god for continuing to do so. I might take a nap, but WOW I feel good. The three things I was most worried about were nausea, gas pains and port pain. The nausea is gone, I have some mild gas pains across the front of shoulders but NOT bad at all just feels like a pulled muscle and no port pain right now, like I said feels more like alot crunches. I'm glad I brought my laptop what a release

Sorry BostonLady....I sent my well wishes to Thinkingaboutit77 by mistake...

I am happy that your surgery went well!

I was nervous about the anesthesia too but they have so many people checking you before and after they are wonderful. Take a deep breath..you are going to be fine.

My husband truly regrets not taking a photo of me after surgery when they first woke me up...apparently I was quite hilarious!

I think this is how the meetings schedule works month to month.

Faulkner - 2nd Monday of the month

B&W - 3rd Tuesday of the month

October's meetings should be scheduled as follows:

Faulkner - Monday, October 12th

B&W - Tuesday, October 20th

Someone please correct me if I am wrong!

I can also email Phyllis if you like...

yes thats correct. I have the print out in front of me

Faulkner- Oct 19, Nov 9,Dec 14, Jan 11,

B +W-Oct 20th, Nov 17, Dec 15, Jan 19th

Lap Band Postoperative Diet

its saying at the above link that the meetings for B+W are now in Bayles Conference Room on the third floor at exit 7A.

And it looks like the put the progression diet on line. At least I think its never been on the website?

Boston Lady, it does not feel so good the first days... so use the pump and get through it. Was it not fun excellent and exciting to wake up with a band in???!!!???

The schedule was changed for the Faulkner for October because of the holiday..... :tongue2:

Thanks for all the good wishes. I'm still at the hospital, everything was exceptionally except for the nursing staff second shift, but the nurses on the other shifts were great and I can't say enough about the surgical team. I am clausterphobic, so they knocked me out before the mask which was great and we had a long talk before surgery, he said he put medicines in to for nausua and gas and I have to tell you, I had slight discomfort with the shoulder yesterday its all gone. No nausua, having no issue with Water, the heprin shot were no issue no burning, my throat is soar from the tube but nothing to complain about. They say I should be released this evening. Haven't done the dye test yet. Got up and walkied even did the little stairs they have here in the hall no problem. The staff has said my incisions look great and when the surgeon went out to meet my husband and mom he said it went remarkedly well. One thing I am finding as alot of you said, the more I rest the better I feel, I'm not pushing it but it doesn't feel like major surgery at all, of course when I get home without the morphine that might change, but all in all, like I said previously, it mostly just feels like doing over 100 crunches and port side is just a little soar but no great pain. Happy Hump day everyone.

oh I forgot to mention at Faulkner, I was wheeled into the operating excactly at the time they said I was to have surgery, when I went to registration they were great even walkied me over to the surgery department, surgery department took me right away and I changed, they let me keep my glasses and logged them and Dr. Tavakolizadah spent like 15 minutes talking to me along to keep that wonderful calm feeling, my husband and mom said it calmed them down with the wonderful way in which the entire team was, Dr. Tavekolizadah even went to find them outside of the waiting area when I was finished to update and when I would be in my room WONDERFUL , it gives me great hope on this start of my new journey

oh I forgot to mention at Faulkner, I was wheeled into the operating excactly at the time they said I was to have surgery, when I went to registration they were great even walkied me over to the surgery department, surgery department took me right away and I changed, they let me keep my glasses and logged them and Dr. Tavakolizadah spent like 15 minutes talking to me along to keep that wonderful calm feeling, my husband and mom said it calmed them down with the wonderful way in which the entire team was, Dr. Tavekolizadah even went to find them outside of the waiting area when I was finished to update and when I would be in my room WONDERFUL , it gives me great hope on this start of my new journey

So glad to hear all of this. By this time tomorrow I will be banded too. I think I'm the first case, so I have to be there at 5:30. My husband is dropping me off at the faulkner and then I'm on my own. He has to be home with the kiddos. I'm hoping I won't be a complete wreck tomorrow morning. He is my strength, but since I didn't tell anyone, can't really ask anyone to babysit that early..LOL

Glad you are feeling well. I'm so excited.

I'm down 15 lbs this morning and the sun is shining, couldn't ask for more.. ha ha

So glad to hear all of this. By this time tomorrow I will be banded too. I think I'm the first case, so I have to be there at 5:30. My husband is dropping me off at the faulkner and then I'm on my own. He has to be home with the kiddos. I'm hoping I won't be a complete wreck tomorrow morning. He is my strength, but since I didn't tell anyone, can't really ask anyone to babysit that early..LOL

Glad you are feeling well. I'm so excited.

I'm down 15 lbs this morning and the sun is shining, couldn't ask for more.. ha ha

think positive it will be great who is your surgeon

Edited by Bostonlady

Just got back from upper GI, its not bad at all, its only a cup with about 1 inch of liquid, of that liquid you have to drink 1/2 inch. Its bitter and sour like a bad cough medicine, but not chalky at all and its over is less than 5 minutes from drink to xray and back on the bed for transport back to your room. thinkingabouit , you will be fine, stay excited and just think tomorrow at this time you'll be done.

Edited by Bostonlady

think positive it will be great who is your surgeon

Thanks, My surgeon is Dr. Robinson! Not thinking too much. Told my 4 yr. old that I'm going in to have the doctor look at my belly and that I'll see him tomorrow afternoon. He didn't seem concerned nor did he ask anymore questions. I feel bad for my 2yr old as she is sick and really wants her mommy, so hoping she will do well w/o me for the night.

Suppose I should go pack a little bag or something right? It still doesn't feel real. My surgery time is 7:30 I'll post again when it's all done!

Thanks everyone for your support. Excited about joining you all. :thumbdown:

Can someone please tell me how to post a ticker for weight loss. I made it, but pasting the link isn't working. Any suggestions?

Edited by thinkingaboutit77