Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brigham and Women/Faulker Hospital

Any suggestions?? :thumbup:

I love my Champion bras from Just My Size dot com. I actually also layer 2 bras. I've found that one isn't enough---one has a much wider back and the other I put over is nice and tight. You'll pay more, but it's to worth feeling comfortable enough to workout! Like Mel said, don't go for the S,M,L bras. Wear one that has a band and cup size. Here's a link to one I really like.

Champion Powerback Underwire Sports Bra - Plus Size Apparel from JMS !

They have some great bras that have motion control ratings!

I broke down and had some mashed yesterday. I now realize I do it not only when I'm hungry, but when I'm totally stressed. Canceled a lunch date yesterday and ate them before canceling. The guy must have asked me what size I work 7 times....and it totally stressed me out. So I made some potatoes then canceled. Sad, huh?! Good news, though...didn't have any today. :crying:

Today I broke 180 lbs just BARELY. 179.6 lol!!! Going down from here if it KILLS ME!!!! Not gonna weigh myself for a few days because if it goes up again I may relapse. 170's HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!! :-) wooooo!!! whooooo!!!

Mel~ I remember you brining up Kohls before. I will try

there today. TY! I have a chip issue too. I've been scarfing them down all summer. No more!!!!

K8~How are you!?!??!? Hope your doing well! :-)

Jay~ I'm sorry your getting stuck issues. I have never delt w/ that. I have gotten stuck for a few minutes & that's hell. I couldn't handle being stuck for 45 min!! I asked about being seen by another doc before because I couldn't get in to dr Vernon. They were going to talk to her about it but it was only for a fill. I told them forget it. They told me they don't usually do other doc's patience. They may for you where you need an unfill. Why can't they see you if your having trouble???? That's bull! Who said they were going to take out your whole fill??? The ER???? How are you now??????

Paige~Thanks for Bra info. I did think of layering too. I just don't want to order online in fear of it not fitting when I get it. I want to try on. Thanks though. Keep the instant out of the house!!! If your not already. ;-)

ibelieve~ Yes, they are tuff on me. LOL!!!! ;-)

Edited by heidib

Hi Heidi, they have some great sports bra's that have moisture wicking as well. The best by far I've found is at Macy's in Braintree. The name slips by me right now but they fit you for free, its nto cheap but just wash it nightly they last and the support is great and its comfy as well as these, take a look:

Amazon.com: Moving Comfort Women's Fiona Bra: Apparel

Amazon.com: Goddess Women's Sports Bra #GD5056: Apparel

Also I would check Marshalls over the other stores they always seem to have the best of the big names, but its a hit and miss. Have great weekend, 25 days to surgery OH MY

So I go in tomorrow @ 6am for surgery. I am really nervous because I barely lost weight for pre-op. I also haven not been able to work out much because I was taking care of my mom since she had ankle surgery :w00t: I mean everything is going through my head about what is going to/could happen. It's the usually pre-op jitters. Anyone have any last minute suggestions/opinions on healing/any last minute thing I should know?!?

Here we go -

k8

by the time you get my message you'll be thru it!! I pray you sailed right through it. I wish you a speedy recovery, I'm after you in 25 days, Sept 22!! Who was your doctor?

Oh Paige Im sorry and I can say I know how you feel to some degree.

Got on the scale today and Im up in weight...so I went to the Marshfield Fair and went to town eating junk. Not sure I am sorry either. What stinks is I know will lose weight if I keep my food AND calories way down and that is SO friggen hard...1200 calories only maintains me.

Heidi the one bra that would fit me from Kohls was this one

http://www.maidenform.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=71553&categoryId=107&wtlCategory=Lilyette%20%AE%20Full%20Figure&parentCategoryId=4&PIPELINE_SESSION_ID=63304bb8c0a87d6f00e2b07b4b61da63

Oh, the emotional eating is BACK....I hope this is PMS. I've had that overwhelming feeling of being on the verge of tears for the last day and a half but I don't know why! Tried retail therapy. I need to vent. Shopping sucks. Even now I still can't find anything that fits. I bought two shirts at Lane Bryant, but truth is, I'm no longer plus sized. Unfortunately, I'm not misses sizes for tops yet, either. At least when I was fat, I knew where to buy clothes. I can't even get into one store to find something now!!! Hit up the mashed after shopping. Fro-yo for dinner. Canceled plans to go out and am wallowing with Cosmo at home instead. I'm so out of sorts without being able to workout. Never thought I'd say that, but I'm hoping that's the source of this...cuz I can't deal with this for much longer. I think I need to get back to work. I need my schedule and I need to feel useful again. I don't know how some teachers take the entire summer off. I've only been off for a few weeks and I'm ready to shoot myself. I just need my routine....

Just when I thought life was getting easier....it just manages to get more overwhelming. :frown:

Hi all!

Went to Kohls today to look for bras. I got one but it's still not great. I'll just double that w/ my old one for now. Thanks for all the help ladies.

Paige~Trust me that I know just how you feel. I constantly feel like I'm losing my mind!!!! I can relate w/ the emotional eating & being stuck in between plus & reg sizes is where I'm at too. Hang in there girl. It'll get better for you when things get back to the norm. :-) We're here for ya!

Hi Everyone,

I should start off by saying, I didn’t know this could happen. My last fill was about 7 weeks ago. It was fine, I had minimal restriction but not an over abundance of it. I went in for the next appointment and Dr. R couldn’t decide whether he wanted to take some of the fill out. I was adamant that I didn’t want any of the fill taken out because I just had minimal restriction but since the weight loss wasn’t what he had expected, he was wondering if I was too tight. I wasn’t. So we didn’t take any out. My next appointment is for Sept 14, (one because I’m going on vacation and won’t be back until after labor day, and two because the 13th is my birthday and a 3 day birthday weekend isn’t a bad thing.) But since that appointment I’ve been getting more and more restriction with no fill and it’s concerning me. It’s to the point now where I think I’m overfilled because at every meal I get stuck. Last night I had a quarter of one meatball, chewed thoroughly and… stuck for 45 minutes. Is this something that happens where you just experience more restriction though the fill amount hasn’t changed?

Also, I need to have this fixed, because I can barely eat any solid foods, but when I called Jennifer, she told me Dr. R is on vacation and if I can’t eat I should go to the emergency room. Now they’re going to take all my 7.5cc’s out. I don’t want that either. But I’m not sure what else there is I can do. Will the other surgeons take someone for a quick unfill? Can a PA do it?

OH YEAH! Jay did you read when we were all talking about how we are not supposed to take Motrin?? Can cause swelling ect.. I think that's why I had probs w/ my last fill. Just a thought. :frown:

Thanks, Heidi.

Jay, how are you now? I allow reflux to be my deciding factor. I waited to get to Dr. R's office only because I didn't want it all taken out, as you mentioned. I had only 4 long nights with reflux that left me gasping for breath. I couldn't have gone much longer. Stick to liquids for a few days. Enjoy the extra weight loss. Wait til he's back if you have to....he does have a new PA though. Wasn't I once told they have a "hotline" that you can call? Hope you're ok, Jay.

Hey all -

So I had surgery thursday am and stayed in the hospital until friday night. Im not going to lie i was alot more uncomfortable than I thought it/I would be. My port area/the biggest incision is really painful. The gas pains are not fun at all and I can't walk around normally yet. I am not hungry one bit which is getting me nervous because I need to somehow not get dehydrated. I really hope that the pains go away soon because I want to start being normal again. How did you all recover? when did you all start to walk around normal again etc. Im kinda feeling sad because Im not feeling good and wish I was feeling normal again. :frown:

Hey all -

So I had surgery thursday am and stayed in the hospital until friday night. Im not going to lie i was alot more uncomfortable than I thought it/I would be. My port area/the biggest incision is really painful. The gas pains are not fun at all and I can't walk around normally yet. I am not hungry one bit which is getting me nervous because I need to somehow not get dehydrated. I really hope that the pains go away soon because I want to start being normal again. How did you all recover? when did you all start to walk around normal again etc. Im kinda feeling sad because Im not feeling good and wish I was feeling normal again. :frown:

oh I"m sorry to hear that, did they give you pain meds? what did they give you? didn't have to walk when you got to your room? Girl, I have surgery in less than a month with BMI of 35 I think were' pretty close your getting me nervous.which band did you get?

K8 dont be alarmed all you are going thru is normal. I too was suprised at the pain when I read about people (well it was on these boards) who walked out the same day and went back to work within a day or two. Nope no way for me and I think have a high pain tolerance. Your job now is to sip sip sip and keep up your fluids even if you dont want to. It will pass believe me.

For All and for Jay there is a PA line to call 617-732-8884 but its only an answering machine. Calls answered with in 24hrs or less. Its good to use if you have a question about medication or post op but dont need to see your Dr. And yes Ive gotten a call back in a day. Anything that is an emergency you should call your surgeon.

L2T7 I do not have any magical words of advice I wish I did. Our journeys are very similar and I can only say I know how you feel. I thought the hard part would be the first year but now is so much harder. Gave up on Lane Bryant a while ago..Im still plus size on the bottom but it just wasnt worth the price and effort and feeling like crap shopping there. Sucks that its harder now to shop then when we were clearly only plus size. Try to get out of the house today...I know its hard with this depressing weather.

I'm getting banded on Sept 2nd...I can't even believe it's so close now! Dr. R is doing the surgery and I think I'm the first of the day. Anyone else getting banded on 9/2?

Would love some input on what to expect on Wednesday and what I should bring the to hospital. I thought I'd have more interaction with Dr. R and the nutritionist, but I didn't even know Sari was gone until I hadn't heard back for a week. I'm not even sure if I'm spending the night at the hospital after surgery or not. Also, I've been using the Unjury Protein Shakes with milk and/or yogurt...can I do that after surgery or can it really just be Clear Liquids only?

I haven't done the support group meetings, do you find them helpful? When's the next meeting? Any input from you all would be appreciated!

One more question...has Dr. R ever not done surgery because of a fatty liver? I have not cheated on the pre-op at all, but don't know if that means I've shrunk my liver enough or not.