Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brigham and Women/Faulker Hospital

I can't drink Soy products because it counteracts my thyroid medicine. I use the Designer whey Protein Powder that mixes with Water. It's 18 grams of Protein and only 100 calories.

thats good to know Phyllis will be there at the Brigham. thanks Surfergirl

I dont use Soy either bc of a family history of breast cancer even though its prob not an issue.

well Im on liquids today :)...seems I have an issue with the fish I broiled last night, I know i ate too fast and too much....pb'd it up for hours. Ive got to adjust my brain that I cant eat as much soiled as I could before my last fill.

I was pretty much busted by a friend at a social event... I could not eat the lobstah, and most of the rest. I had just been filled the week before so very restricted and having issues until the swelling went down. She said "oh, those food restrictions... that sounds JUST like the stomach surgery my daughter wanted me to have"

WHA??? I played it off like a cosmetic surgery pro... "never heard of such a thing, I have ulcers..." :) yup, I now know that I can, and will, like a pro, where necessary! This is not the sort of lifestyle change and medical procedure that can go unnoticed. The weight loss, following a mysterious short hospitalization is fairly obvious to even the most casual observer.

After a freakout over wrinkles on the neck, jawline and face popping out, I have decided to just do it, let it happen, and then let the cosmetic practitioners do their magic after all is said and done. And I plan to lie with my pants on fire about it if anyone asks :)

It's a beautiful day outside. Too bad you can't combine it with a trip into the aquarium or something fun for her! Hey, as long as you don't cry, she won't. :wub:

Good luck with your appointment. Did you make time to workout yesterday, too? :eek:

Well, I had a busy day yesterday :wink2:! Took my middle dd

(4 yr old) to eye exam & we found out she needs glasses. She has had a slight lazy eye for a few years now & the doc says she's a little near sighted. So, we fitted her for glasses. They are adorable on her & she LOVES them. She wanted to bring them home right then. I let her pick out the ones she wanted. They were a bit more $ but I want her to be happy if she has to wear them :smile2:.

Later I had my appointment w/ Doc V at 4pm. Lacie was very good. She slept for the 40 min right & was good in the office. We had to wait about 30 min in the room & that was a bit hard for her.

So, I talked w/ them about my bad eating habits lately & my motrin popping :wub:. Dr V was wondering if my motrin use was why I had a problem w/ my last fill (SWELLING from motrin). It makes sense because I'm sure I had my period & taking 800 mg's for it :thumbup:. Dr. V left it up to me on what I wanted to do for a fill. So, I got 1/2 of the fill she took out last time when I was overfilled.

I feel good this morning. I'm able to get my ice coffee down. I had a hard time w/ it last time. I told her I was not that happy w/ my weight loss so far. She said I've lost 40% & that usually takes two years. So, she's ok w/ what i've done. She also said I've done ok since I've been eating junk too. :eek: Anyway, I' m ready to do BETTER :)! Have a good one everyone! :tongue2:

Paige~ No, I did not workout & have not again

since FRIDAY :). I will!

thats good to know Phyllis will be there at the Brigham. thanks Surfergirl

I dont use Soy either bc of a family history of breast cancer even though its prob not an issue.

well Im on liquids today :)...seems I have an issue with the fish I broiled last night, I know i ate too fast and too much....pb'd it up for hours. Ive got to adjust my brain that I cant eat as much soiled as I could before my last fill.

Hey Mel!

I'm sorry you've had a tough time. :tongue2: I know what you mean about adjusting your brain. I have to do the same. Hang in there. :)

I was pretty much busted by a friend at a social event... I could not eat the lobstah, and most of the rest. I had just been filled the week before so very restricted and having issues until the swelling went down. She said "oh, those food restrictions... that sounds JUST like the stomach surgery my daughter wanted me to have"

WHA??? I played it off like a cosmetic surgery pro... "never heard of such a thing, I have ulcers..." :) yup, I now know that I can, and will, like a pro, where necessary! This is not the sort of lifestyle change and medical procedure that can go unnoticed. The weight loss, following a mysterious short hospitalization is fairly obvious to even the most casual observer.

After a freakout over wrinkles on the neck, jawline and face popping out, I have decided to just do it, let it happen, and then let the cosmetic practitioners do their magic after all is said and done. And I plan to lie with my pants on fire about it if anyone asks :)

I know what you mean. Sometimes I wish I just told only close family.

Then sometimes I think who gives a SH:tongue2:T !

Heidi,

Glad to hear it all went well thus far. I'm totally PMS'ing today and just finished crushing MY ibuprofen!! NO choice. I'm dying. When did you have your surgery? Doesn't seem like it was that long ago. No worries about the 40 pounds. You'll get there. Mel and I used to talk all the time about being afraid to get rid of clothes because you just couldn't imagine not gaining the weight back this time. A year and a half later, I haven't!! THAT to me, is the biggest success of the band. I didn't lose it fast, but I have KEPT it off this time.

As far as telling people, you have to figure out what works best for you. I can imagine not eating lobster sucked. I usually make up some BS and just say I can't do it. My friends know I rarely eat solids in public. Why take the chance at being uncomfortable in public?! I just make sure I'm the one keeping everyone talking while they're stuffing their faces.....they're less likely to know. I also tend to push the food around on my plate.

I'm going cold turkey from my instant potatoes. I know this sounds gross, but it's been such a comfort food for me all summer.....always goes down without issue and gives me that warm, full feeling that I love. Unfortunately, all carbs, no Protein and just BAD choice....so I've been 2 days without. It's not killing me, but I've already noticed on the scale. Gross habits we somehow manage with this thing, huh?! Now if only I could walk away from the icecream I eat every day.....

Hi Everyone,

I should start off by saying, I didn’t know this could happen. My last fill was about 7 weeks ago. It was fine, I had minimal restriction but not an over abundance of it. I went in for the next appointment and Dr. R couldn’t decide whether he wanted to take some of the fill out. I was adamant that I didn’t want any of the fill taken out because I just had minimal restriction but since the weight loss wasn’t what he had expected, he was wondering if I was too tight. I wasn’t. So we didn’t take any out. My next appointment is for Sept 14, (one because I’m going on vacation and won’t be back until after labor day, and two because the 13th is my birthday and a 3 day birthday weekend isn’t a bad thing.) But since that appointment I’ve been getting more and more restriction with no fill and it’s concerning me. It’s to the point now where I think I’m overfilled because at every meal I get stuck. Last night I had a quarter of one meatball, chewed thoroughly and… stuck for 45 minutes. Is this something that happens where you just experience more restriction though the fill amount hasn’t changed?

Also, I need to have this fixed, because I can barely eat any solid foods, but when I called Jennifer, she told me Dr. R is on vacation and if I can’t eat I should go to the emergency room. Now they’re going to take all my 7.5cc’s out. I don’t want that either. But I’m not sure what else there is I can do. Will the other surgeons take someone for a quick unfill? Can a PA do it?

So I go in tomorrow @ 6am for surgery. I am really nervous because I barely lost weight for pre-op. I also haven not been able to work out much because I was taking care of my mom since she had ankle surgery :thumbdown: I mean everything is going through my head about what is going to/could happen. It's the usually pre-op jitters. Anyone have any last minute suggestions/opinions on healing/any last minute thing I should know?!?

Here we go -

k8

So I go in tomorrow @ 6am for surgery. I am really nervous because I barely lost weight for pre-op. I also haven not been able to work out much because I was taking care of my mom since she had ankle surgery :unsure: I mean everything is going through my head about what is going to/could happen. It's the usually pre-op jitters. Anyone have any last minute suggestions/opinions on healing/any last minute thing I should know?!?

Here we go -

k8

You're worrying is for naught---they don't weigh you at surgery. :) You're all set, hon. No worries. Good luck. You'll be fine! Just so you know, they check your blood pressure and temp. all night long. Rest up tonight. Tomorrow night won't be restful. You'll be good!! :thumbdown:

So I go in tomorrow @ 6am for surgery. I am really nervous because I barely lost weight for pre-op. I also haven not been able to work out much because I was taking care of my mom since she had ankle surgery :) I mean everything is going through my head about what is going to/could happen. It's the usually pre-op jitters. Anyone have any last minute suggestions/opinions on healing/any last minute thing I should know?!?

Here we go -

k8

I remember being worried they would cancel my surgery because I didn't lose the 5 lbs they wanted me to. They DID NOT WEIGH me either. They only asked my weight. I'm pretty sure I had gained a bit because I was having one last happy food fling before my surgery & then they SPRUNG it on me. :unsure:

You will be ok tomorrow. Think about how well you'll be doing 2 months from now. You'll be on your way GF!!!! GOOD LUCK & get back to us ASAP to let us know how it went! :thumbdown:

Heidi,

Glad to hear it all went well thus far. I'm totally PMS'ing today and just finished crushing MY ibuprofen!! NO choice. I'm dying. When did you have your surgery? Doesn't seem like it was that long ago. No worries about the 40 pounds. You'll get there. Mel and I used to talk all the time about being afraid to get rid of clothes because you just couldn't imagine not gaining the weight back this time. A year and a half later, I haven't!! THAT to me, is the biggest success of the band. I didn't lose it fast, but I have KEPT it off this time.

As far as telling people, you have to figure out what works best for you. I can imagine not eating lobster sucked. I usually make up some BS and just say I can't do it. My friends know I rarely eat solids in public. Why take the chance at being uncomfortable in public?! I just make sure I'm the one keeping everyone talking while they're stuffing their faces.....they're less likely to know. I also tend to push the food around on my plate.

I'm going cold turkey from my instant potatoes. I know this sounds gross, but it's been such a comfort food for me all summer.....always goes down without issue and gives me that warm, full feeling that I love. Unfortunately, all carbs, no Protein and just BAD choice....so I've been 2 days without. It's not killing me, but I've already noticed on the scale. Gross habits we somehow manage with this thing, huh?! Now if only I could walk away from the icecream I eat every day.....

Oh no! I feel your pain! :thumbdown: Dr V said I could take liquid motrin if I'm DYING.

I'll be banded 1 YEAR Sept 25th. I can't believe it!!!

It's weird, I don't really have any problems w/ any foods. I don't throw up or slime. I must keep my band much looser then some of you all. You think?? Maybe I need it a bit tighter. I don't know???

Well I'm back on solids already today. Ate some chicken for Breakfast w/ no problem. Had a salad for dinner went down good.

Tonight I went out to target looking for a good sports bra. With my 3 little ones mind you. Usually I would go for the XL. Since this has given me NO support while running I went 1st for the medium :w00t: ~~YEAH right!!! What was this fat chick thinking????? ha! Then I went for the LG. As I'm stuffing myself & the girls into the size large.......My daughters are screaming at each other & banging on the door saying someone's coming in :w00t:! I guess they thought it would be a funny joke to play on mommie. I got the LG on but they still jerked up & down too much when I jumped up & down in the dressing room w. my 3 daughters watching like I was crazy. Of course my 7 year old had to let me know my belly was still jiggling :crying:. Ah yeah,, thanks hon!!!! :frown: LOL!!!

Anyway, I did not get a sports bra tonight.

Any suggestions?? :thumbup:

Jay after you got stuck did you got to liquids and progress from there. You could be swollen and starting a cycle of eat, swell, stuck, eat, swell stuck....hows your H20 intake bc if thats down that wont help either. STRICT liquids for at least 24hrs and then mushies.

Good luck K8...like the others said they wont cancel. Post here when you can

Lobster....umm thats a tough one esp for me bc my family is in the seafood business...stick to the flaky stuff.

Good for you Paige given up the mashed...I need to work on my chip and cracker issues.

Heidi...you need to buy a bra thats doesnt come in S,M,L etc. I had good luck at Kohls with sports and regular bras. They also tend to be on sale too. I had to buy a strapless bra the other day...boy was I amazing to 1)find one in my size 2) find one that fits 3) find one on sale!!! and not over $50.00. First strapless Ive worn since the early 90's. :thumbup: