Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All you people do is complain...

Wait for it....here it comes.....BUT I HATE cleaning and prepping them~~~~~

Kat

Latex gloves!!! They have other uses:) but the oil in Jalapenos STAYS w/ya no matter how much you wash~~

Ah yes, there's nothing like scratching your eye (or other sensitive area) after prepping jalapenos.

Yep I use gloves, I still end up with seeds all over the kitchen--and the phone always rings!!!

We put up (freeze) in the neighborhood of 5 bushels of green chile each year---and I use them for that too---I learned the hard way with chilies!!!

I had a friend who unknown to her, her DH had nachos at work, and was picking off the jalapenos and eating them, he touched her later that night, and lit her on fire!!! She said he never made her so hot and turned her so totally off at once before!!!

I always think of that, and reach for the gloves!!!

Kat

OK, this isn't jalapenos, BUT I think you'll find this funny...

My DFIL used to bowl, and he had developed a pretty good case of tennis elbow. One evening while watching TV, his elbow was bothering him, so he rubbed some Ben-Gay on it. He didn't, however, go WASH HIS HANDS after using it.

After a little time had elapsed, he started scratching himself as men so often do, and mere seconds later, he was up and running like his tail was on fire towards the bathroom to get in the shower. DMIL thought it was quite funny, so she regaled us with the story the next day. DFIL didn't see the humor... HA!

OK. This has nothing to do with painful medications or juices, but it was a funny story so I just had to tell it. One day my husband was in the bathroom trimming his beard. I heard him ask from the bathroom if I have makeup. MAKEUP???? Of coarse, but why do you need it. Well, he apparently went from trimming his beard to his eye brows and forgot to put the little cap for the length back on the trimmer and shaved one eyebrow completely off. When he walked into the living room I feel out of my chair I was laughing so hard! :frown:

LMAO---my nephew shaved his eyebrows once when he was about 8. Becky kept asking him what was wrong, he mumbled nuthin'.....We are driving down the road, when she looked back at him in the rearview mirror--OMG I thought we were all done for she screams his FULL name....What the Hell happen to your eyebrows?! I thought we would all die laughing.

This was hilarious with a kid who was curious about the razor--I can only imagine the hilarity with a full grown man----and the stories he come up with to cover his oops!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!

Kat

LOL. I am dying of laughter just remembering it. He wore his ball cap really low on his head for a while. :frown:

OK, I have another one...

My best friend's now EX-dh had dirty blonde hair, right? Ok, so he decided it was getting too gray for his taste, and he decided to use that Grecian Formula for Men... Only he chose a VERY dark if not black shade.

Before she had a chance to tell me what he did, so I'd have a little more composure when I saw him, I saw them in the grocery store, and I LITERALLY could not help but laugh right out loud TO HIS FACE. He had not only used it on his hair, but on his mustache and eyebrows, too. He looked like Groucho Marx! And my friend told me that she WARNED him not to do that, and he did it, anyway.

Moron.

My DH come home from work not long ago, and he was laughing when he walked in...I thought he was on the phone. He kept trying to tell me what was so funny, but he would just roar with laughter.

There is this guy he works with that is so vain, he is always checking himself out in the chrome tools! He did the same thing, thought his beard was too gray for his hair, so he used dye on it. Rick said it was totally obvious--and they of course being guys ragged on him over it. He copped to it, saying it would lighten as it wore. He was still hot! So I guess he went to the drinking fountain, and when he stood up he was dripping black onto his coveralls! He was sooooo mad over the ribbing he was getting he marched himself across the road to the Walgreens and bought a razor, come back to the shop---and proceeded to shave----and under it all, his face was still dyed. My husband was crying he was laughing so hard telling me this. Now everytime I see the guy, I want to mention it---he has been a jerk to me---I so badly want to return the favor!!!

I am loving these stories!! What an uplift to the day!! Thanks!!!

Kat

OK, I have another one...

. He looked like Groucho Marx! And my friend told me that she WARNED him not to do that, and he did it, anyway.

Moron.

Say the secret word and win 100 bucks!

Can you like suggest a brand of $50 Shampoo for me to buy? Does it like, you know, already have the like Protein in it? LMAO-----I love your responses Wheets!!!!

We do the jalapenos with cream cheese and bacon---I had leftovers for lunch!!!! We also stuff them with like a meatloaf mix and cook them or grill them either one. I loooove jalapenos!!!

Wait for it....here it comes.....BUT I HATE cleaning and prepping them~~~~~

Kat

Hey Kat, We have a big cookoff at our resort at the lake every year and everyone tries to outdo the others stuffed peppers. When you were talking about your meatloaf type stuffing it reminded me of one of the recipes made last summer. Use either mild or hot peppers. Stuffing is simple. Brown 1/2 lb. spicy ground sausage (Jimmy Dean works) and 1/2 lb. ground beef. Add 8 oz low fat cream cheese and 2 tbls taco seasoning. Wrap in two slices of salami (overlap on sides and fasten with two toothpicks). Grill. Easy...not too fattening and tasty!

Back when we did Atkins, my DH and I made up all kinds of combos to stuff a jalapeno or a mushroom with!!!! We'll try that one! Thanks!

I still like them.....and gloves or no, I still don't like cleaning them!

Kat

OK. This has nothing to do with painful medications or juices, but it was a funny story so I just had to tell it. One day my husband was in the bathroom trimming his beard. I heard him ask from the bathroom if I have makeup. MAKEUP???? Of coarse, but why do you need it. Well, he apparently went from trimming his beard to his eye brows and forgot to put the little cap for the length back on the trimmer and shaved one eyebrow completely off. When he walked into the living room I feel out of my chair I was laughing so hard! :thumbup:
When I was 10, I shaved half of one of my eyebrows off because they were were so thick. Why half, you ask? Well, I cut my self pretty badly and stopped. Now I've got a scar on one of them and the eyebrow doesn't grow right, making waxing it tricky.

I never shaved off anything...I feel left out!

I remember putting Ben Gay on an ex-bf and he ran almost immediately to the bathroom and threw up for 30 minutes straight. Before the BenGay he'd been fine, just a sore back from lifting something wrong.

I can't imagine how he'd have felt if he'd, ah, scratched that itch with it!

:tt2:OK OK!!! I have to tell another one. A friend of mine went to a store to get her a suit one week with the money her mom gave her for her birthday. I am caucasian and my friend is African American and the store is mostly frenquented by African Americans. I tell you this because of what happens. My friend was trying on a suit jacket which was obviously too small for her and struggling with it. The jacket snagged onto her ponytail and yanked it out. I was laughing so hard until she started yelling loud enough for everyone to hear, "That isn't funny! Why did you pull my hair out?" I was soooooooooo embarrassed. :thumbup:

I had the last laugh about a week later she came marching into work from lunch with a pissed look on her face and asked why I woulnd't answer my phone. (I was on the other line). That's when I noticed she was holding the side of her skirt. The whole reason she needed me was because the elastic in the skirt shot while she was getting out of her car and her skirt fell down to her knees in the parking lot!!!! :tongue:

I sure miss working in the same building with her. We had some good times!