Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Experiences with Dr. Helmuth Billy?

Hey, all! So, I'm probably about halfway through the process now and have been looking at Dr. Billy in Thousand Oaks/Ventura County. I've heard nothing but good things so far, but just wanted to get as many opinions as I can!

I know he's well known for taking care of complications caused by other doctors, which is very cool. Just wanted to know about how things went when Dr. Billy was the guy who did your band in the first place!

Thanks, all!

Nick

I got banded in Mexico at the end of last year and see Dr. Billy for my fills. He and his nurses are really a wonderful group of people. Everyone at his office, including the patients and the staff, are always cheerful and encouraging. I couldn't recommend him more. Good luck.

I am having my band done by Dr Billy on Tues May 13th and my experiences with him and his staff have been nothing but positive. You should go to his seminar if you haven't already he is very honest about everything including operating room problems he has had in the past!

does anyone know what he charges for fills? I was banded in Glendale, but my fills cost 450.00 a little pricey so looking for another option.

Thanks, Kat

I was banded by him, and I adore him. He's really intelligent, knowledgeable, and caring. I wouldn't have been banded by anyone else.

Kat, my fills were included in the price of the surgery for life, but I heard fills could be anywhere up to $250.

Hi I notice no one has been on this thread but I getting banded by Dr. Billy. I am waiting for authorization right now... are your bands still ok or has there been any problems?

Hi there! I was very pleased with my experience.

I believe Dr. Billy is a very gifted surgeon. My recovery was smooth, my scars are healing (disappearing, LOL) beautifully, and I've had no problems since surgery.

As far as his bedside manner, I have nothing negative to say, but aside from the consult I had with him, I saw him a total of 2 minutes in the hospital before they wheeled me into the OR, LOL. Ever since then I've seen his nurse Jessica exclusively. (And BTW, she is GREAT with fills... No numbing agent needed, you barely feel anything!)

If you're getting banded at St. John's (if you're paying through insurance, this is most likely where you'll be), you're in very good hands at that hospital. The staff was wonderful, very friendly and attentive.

If you have any other questions, just let me know!

Good luck with authorization! Fingers crossed for ya!

Thanks! When were you banded? I am going through insurance so it will be at St. Johns. I am waiting on authorization right now. Nancy called me on Saturday and asked me to fax her my psyche eval and then Becky called me on Monday and said my authorization is in the works. She scheduled me my last appointment before surgery with Dr. Billy next friday. I am dying while waiting for authorization!

Where do you live? Do you still attend support groups? I need to go to one. I live in Simi Valley. What is your name?

Nick,

I had my surgery with Dr. Billy in Thousand Oaks last May. I can only say good things about Dr. Billy & his staff! Especially Andy his assistant who will give you most of your fills. I have not fully taken advantage of all they have to offer, I have not gone back to see the nutritionist, or participated in the monthly support groups but it is great to know that it is there if I stumble.

I appreciate their candor, they refused to give me a fill when I had lost 8 pounds in a month and respected me when I was too nervous to get a fill because I already felt tight and didn't want to not be able to eat at all.

Good luck with you surgery and contact me anytime if I can help be of some support through your exciting adventure!

Hey, all! So, I'm probably about halfway through the process now and have been looking at Dr. Billy in Thousand Oaks/Ventura County. I've heard nothing but good things so far, but just wanted to get as many opinions as I can!

I know he's well known for taking care of complications caused by other doctors, which is very cool. Just wanted to know about how things went when Dr. Billy was the guy who did your band in the first place!

Thanks, all!

A friend of mine went to doc billy and said they were really nice, but the after care wasnt great, nor where the actuall surgery was. I, myself had my lap-band by dr waldrep, just down the street in a much nicer place. It has been the best experience of my life. The staff is incredible, the doc is amazing, and the after care is, well they become like family!!! Make sure to check him out, It is your life thats on the line. jenny.....If you need to talk at all call 805-230-0030 and tell janet you want jennys number.:blushing::rolleyes::cursing:

good luck in what ever you deside

does anyone know what he charges for fills? I was banded in Glendale, but my fills cost 450.00 a little pricey so looking for another option.

Thanks, Kat

Hi kat, I get my fills done by DR waldrep, and Dr. luckey right here in thousand oaks, they are wonderful!!!!! and the fills are only 200.00. Look them up on scalescure.com or call 805-230-0030.