Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:ohmy:I feel so alone as if no one care.Family knows but not very helpful. Know one consider how i feel from day to day. But i,m strong and i will make it through this to.Alone but driven to get the weight off, cant wait to be banded. Anyone else alone. Signed alone:cursing::wink::angry:

If your family doesn't care it might be simply because your being overweight is not their problem. Some people think you got yourself this way and it's your problem to deal with. Not saying that's nice, but possibly one reason.

What kind of support are you expecting before you are banded? Perhaps after surgery, they will offer more support?

For myself, I am being very selective on who i tell about me getting the band. Their is alot of judgement out there. I actually am good not having a large support group. This website has been fantastic, these ladies and gentlemen are all i need. I hope they do the trick for you to..

I am single and live alone, I only told 2 friends about the surgery, mostly because the clinic insisted that I have someone drive me home, and stay with me the first night. Personally I use these boards for support. After all I am not sure people who have not gone through this experience can offer much support anyway. You will find all the support you need on-line, and I am sure you will find the "seasoned" bandsters who are at goal to be a source of inspiration and motivation.

This board is a wonderful place to go for support. It has given me a lot of hope and comfort to be able to get advise from people who understand.

We will support you. You are doing the right thing, for yourself and your future. Only you know what it is like to live in your skin day in and day out. And only you know when it is the right time to take the next step to getting banded. People may seem disinterested or outright negative about your decision, but at the end of the day you are the one who has to live with being overweight and not them so blast them all to hell!

:ohmy:I feel so alone as if no one care.Family knows but not very helpful. Know one consider how i feel from day to day. But i,m strong and i will make it through this to.Alone but driven to get the weight off, cant wait to be banded. Anyone else alone. Signed alone:cursing::wink::angry:

My family doesn't support me either. I brought it up about 6 months ago and their reactions were kind of mixed, however, eventually they decided that I only overeat beacause of some psychological problem that can't be fixed... I love this site!! I have found a lot of support here and I'm still pretty new. I'm sure there are a lot of people on here that have the same issues. I hope everything works out for you!

It's hard to rely on others for support unless we know they can give us the kind of support we need. Many of us have told others of our plans to be banded only to be faced with comments of "you don't need that", "it's unnatural" "it's the easy way out" or whatever.

If your family/friends don't know how to give you the support you need, you have to go it alone at home and come to a place like this. Here, people obviously understand how you feel, why you choose a band, what it feels like to diet repeatedly only to gain it back.

For some other people, they just don't get it.

The strength you have within is the most reliable support you will be able to count on. Hopefully your family will get on board once they see your successes.

I agree with what everyone else has said about the support and inspiration you can receive on the forum. I also think you have to look at the band as something you are doing for yourself - it is not about anyone else but you. I think many of us either don't or won't devote time and energy into what we need and we end up filling our voids with food. In all likelihood there aren't alot of people in your "real" life who can relate and provide the support you are likely looking for.

I told lots of people I have been banded, and I have not heard anything but positive comments (at least to my face), but people still can't relate to my experience and how hard I am working and what the experience is actually like. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for the people in my life, but they tend to think of WLS as a black and white thing that is measured only in pounds lost, not in the journey, which is a miracle in itself.

Good luck and keep coming back for support! :)

I agree with what everyone here is saying....you can count on this group to be very supportive before, during and after your surgery. Many of us have family that are non-supportive simply because of their own misunderstanding of what we go throug. My family is like "just don't eat so much", or "girl, you can get that weight off just like you put it on". So, I just keep my mouth shut now and commit to taking care of myself/being kind to myself/being patient with myself. The weight will come off, and you will find people (don't even know you) be your best support. All the best to you! You are a success already because you have taken the first few steps just don't give up. When you feel weak - check in here :eek::)

I appreciate all the comments and most definately come to the site. now i need to know i have til may and i will be band so can anyone tell me what foods are best in protien they want the liver to shrink. once again thanks supporters signed alone

I have my family's support, but this site gives me the best support. All of you have the experience of either researching the band or of being banded. Please don't ever feel that you are alone in this journey. We are here with you.

I appreciate all the comments and most definately come to the site. now i need to know i have til may and i will be band so can anyone tell me what foods are best in protien they want the liver to shrink. once again thanks supporters signed alone

Your surgeon should recommend the best diet for you to follow before surgery. If the Dr, did not tell you, call them and ask.

Generally, low calories, high Protein, low carbs OR some Dr's do a liquid diet.