Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Condolences - Blossom

It is with a heavy heart, I am sharing a pm I rec'd tonight from our dear Blossom's husband. As many of you know, Carolyn and her husband were in the process of clearing land for their dream home. March 12, 2005, she was driving their old tractor when it suddenly flipped over on her. She felt no pain and was gone instantly. Her funeral service was held on March 16, 2005, in Gainesville, Texas.

Her sweet husband wanted us to know that this forum gave her comfort and confidence in the decisions she made in her life. I know you will want to join me in extending our heartfelt prayers to Philip and their precious families during this difficult time.

I have pm'd Philip (Carolyn's husband) and have asked for a way to contact him. Her email address is not available. Others have expressed a desire to show their respect. If you have any ideas, please feel free to pm me.

Please feel free to post your comments here on this thread. I know they will mean a lot to him.

I'm sitting here tears streaming, I never met her in person, but I loved her in my heart. I wish I had known I would have sent flowers. What a terrible loss, OMG, I thought she was truly one of the sweetest ladies on here. We've lost a wonderful member of this board. My heartfelt condolences to her family and our other members who feel the loss I feel.

I remember that beautiful blonde hair and beautiful avatar before she changed it, she will surely be missed.

Oh my dear Lord no!!! I am sitting here balling my eyes out! I remember the last thing she said to me was that she was waving to me from where she was. She was so full of life and love!

I can't believe this. I am just at a total loss. I thought so highly of her. She was such a dear and precious woman.

Words cannot say what a loss I feel. Dear Blossom, you will forever be in my heart. May the Lord laugh with you, may your being shine bright in the heavens, and may you live an eternity in the happiness that you so freely shared and gave to others.

~Kelly

MY God. :) I am so so saddened to hear this. I am just at a loss for words. Dear sweet Blossom will truly be missed from this forum and every other place she has touched in this life. Thank you Marie for sharing this tragic news with us.

I hope Blossom's family is reading these posts. I really don't know what to say or how to say it so I think I best borrow from others who say things best:

Reality of Life

Life isn't just full of happiness,

It's sunsets, it's love, it's tears.

It's the thoughts of yesterdays memories,

That can wash away all out fears.

It's that very painful experience,

That each one of us has had.

It's the laughter that fills the air,

It's the tears when you are sad.

It's loving that someone special,

That at one time made you smile.

It's the pain of losing that person,

But the memories that make it worthwhile.

It's that child in every one of us,

Although in time we'll all be old.

It's the good times we'll never forget,

It's the memories we'll always hold.

It's the hug that we all need,

When we'd rather drown in our sorrow.

It's the hope in every one of us,

That makes us hold on for tomorrow.

May you find peace and solitude in your memories of those who are gone but are with us forever in our hearts.

By Stephanie Clark

I am STUNNED....absolutely stunned!!! What a horrible tragic loss of a young beautiful life. Even though we have never met each other personally, I feel we all share a special kinship with each other...going through the same things, feeling the same emotions....and I know you join me in deep prayer for her husband in his time of pain. It's comforting to know that Blossom felt no pain, and was working on a lifelong dream as she fell to her death. We know she died doing what she loved best....LIVING her life to the fullest...full of hopes and dreams. We should all reflect on this and remind ourselves how precious a gift life is...and just as easily as it was given to us, it can be as quickly taken away....Rest in Peace beautiful Blossom....You are in our hearts and minds forever.......

Dear Phillip, (Mr. Blossom)

I hope you are following this thread. When the word has spread of our terrible loss, you will find through the wonderful words of our members the joy Blossom brought to all of us and how she touched our hearts.

You were so blessed to have shared your life with such a caring and loving person. Though I only knew her a few months through this site, I felt like she was an old friend. When I needed to ask a question on a thread or through a personal note, she was always there with a lending ear and suggestion.

I know she's looking down at all of us right now and she's winking and saying, "I'm at my goal now, the biggest goal of all". May your wonderful memories sustain you during this most difficult time, and please know I will be thinking of you.

I was truly honored to have "talked" w/Blossom a lot. We shared many a laugh and many a tear. She and her husband were true soul mates - in every sense of the word. They absolutely adored each other. They had no children and had recently lost a dear sweet dog who had shared a long happy life with them. They had drawn up plans for a farmhouse w/ a wrap-around porch. They had purchased the perfect piece of property and spent all their spare time working on it. She often laughed of Philip driving that old tractor and how happy he was.

Carolyn will be sorely missed but as Philip has said, she will always be with us. Thank you, Blossom, for being the precious person that you were and enriching each of our lives.

I know that I already said something, but I just feel such a loss that I need to say more.

Blossom was such a kind and caring woman. She touched the lives of so many of us here in such a positive and fun way.

She always made me laugh and feel like I was important to her. She was real and genuine in every sense of the words.

She was a wonderful free spirit and gave so freely of herself to all who asked for her help. Her legacy will live on in my heart, and I will not forget the kindnesses that she bestowed upon me many times throughout our relationship.

My son just finished wiping the tears from my eyes as I held him just a little bit closer.

Dear sweet Blossom, you will forever be missed in my heart, and the joy that you have brought me will live on forever.

All My Love, ~Kelly

Phillip,

When God released the soul you knew as Carolyn to be born to her earthly body she arrived crying, yet her family was smiling and was full of joy.

Now her family is crying. But Carolyn is smiling and full of joy as she has completed her mission here, as short as it was, and has returned to the eternal comfort found in the arms of our Savior.

My saddened heart goes out to your family but know that she reached lives far beyond imagination and we are all better for it.

Greg

Blossom is our own sweet beautiful ANGEL in heaven watching down on all of us and smiling.....taking care of us and keeping us healthy in her own way.....

God, I kind of feel like it can't be true. Blossom really was someone who was very supportive. I will remember her and in her memory, I will try to remember to appreciate each day I am given. I pray that Phillip and her other family members will find comfort and solace in this awful time.

Nancy

I am so stunned and saddened that I hardly know what to say. Philip, how can you even bear it? I am so sorry. I hope that knowing this, that your Blossom has made a difference in the lives of so many here, you can have some measure of peace as you begin to heal. She was a sweet blessing to us and will be missed. God Bless You.

Oh Dear Lord..... I didnt know her.. and talked her often but this... I dont know waht to say... "Lord take special care of this one.. for she has helped so many, the life she has lived has been so plenty, She gave advice, helpful thoughts.. Oh how much she will be missed... Take Care of her Lord as she is very much loved!!" Oh I miss her and her sweet words.. God Bless Her and Her family!!!

I am so sorry to hear of this tragedy. My prayers and thoughts go out to her family. I have a question? Is Blossom the same Carol that Penni posted her before and after pics on page 2? She refered to her as Katydid and she liked to wear the color purple? I need to put a face with her name. Again I am so so sorry...Love Janie